PDA

View Full Version : bronco steering problems

RCcola55
02-27-2005, 07:46 PM
Saturday i was taking my roommate to the rugby fields and when i go to turn around my right front tire went up on the curb, now this is something that happens everyday and is no big deal, but this time it was. As i was driving off the truck started to pull hard to the left with the steering wheel straight and then after i made a right turn it would pull hard to the right then back again after a left turn. When i got home i checked everything out and nothing looked bent or was binding up, now remember this was only a curb, so i have no clue what could have caused this problem. If anyone could please give me and idea about where to start before i take it to an alignment shop this week

StevenAg03
02-27-2005, 09:22 PM
lift up the truck and check the front balljoints...they may be fawked...also may be shot wheelbearings...i hit the infamous drainage ditches that go through the middle of so many CS streets and mine went south...

does anything sound funny when your driving?

RCcola55
02-27-2005, 09:38 PM
the bearings are brand new, i was hoping it wasnt the ball joints. it does make some wierd noise but nothing to bad, my chamber is way off bt it has been like that for a while, do u think i could have fawked it up even more and that be the cause

Graystroke
02-27-2005, 09:41 PM
a binding /broken u-joint in the axle that's not letting the wheel return to center?

StevenAg03
02-27-2005, 10:06 PM
i dont think hitting a curb wouldcause the eccentric to rotate...could but i doubt it...also dont discount the wheel bearings even though they are new...start with the easiest stuff first and eliminate it.

savvyaggie
02-28-2005, 10:18 AM
come on ryan, its just steering.... what's the big deal?? :rolleyes:

Shaggy
02-28-2005, 12:51 PM
i say it is probably the bearings... it doesnt matter if they are new... check em anyway

RCcola55
02-28-2005, 03:13 PM
repacked the bearing they were still good just a little loose, ball joints were fine, ended up beng a fawked up steering stabalizer. Its all good now

Shaggy
02-28-2005, 03:43 PM
steering stabalizers are gay... you just chunk it