PDA

View Full Version : question for the jeep guys

savvyaggie
03-11-2005, 05:17 PM
A friend of mine bought a wrecked (rolled) 02 jeep and is going to rebuild it. I went to help him last night and we could not get it started. The fuel pump would not kick on. My question: is there something , safty wise, that happens that might prevent the fuel pump from turning on if it is rolled?? all of the fuel relays and fuses (that I found) are good.

The airbags were popped also, but I had another friend that drove his 97 with popped bags...

any ideas???

BMFScout
03-11-2005, 05:25 PM
Is it getting spark? If it isn't getting spark it won't send any fuel, right? I am sure the battery has been disconnected since the roll, but you might try resetting the comprooter by unhooking the battery and letting it hang out for a few minutes. "A guy" I know told me that if you weld on a TJ it will jack with the computer and you have to reset it, but I still blame it on Flem... If I were your friend, I would save myself the frustration, douse it in gasoline and finish the job ;)

robertf03
03-11-2005, 05:29 PM
v8

savvyaggie
03-11-2005, 05:32 PM
its a 20,000 mile jeep.... so it will remain stock for a while(the drivetrain anyway).

robertf03
03-11-2005, 05:41 PM
theres some gay name that chrysler uses for the fuel pump relay. Auto shutdown relay I think. See if thats getting power when you turn the key. It controls a bunch of **** other than fuel pump. Then check continuity back to the pump. TJ pumps suck and theres even a good chance the pump is shot.

if you can't figure it out, v8

Graystroke
03-11-2005, 08:14 PM
there may be an inertia switch that needs to be reset. usually needs to be pushed or pulled to reset. ...don't know for sure if he has one or where it would be....if it was a LR then it would be a different story.

StevenAg03
03-11-2005, 08:38 PM
if it was a ford it would have an inertia switch and it would be on the passenger side just above the passengers left foot... :flipoff2:

savvyaggie
03-11-2005, 08:41 PM
I'll go see what I can find tonight, they're goin to work on it tonight (body work)... and I was planning on stopping by there for a few short minutes.

AggieTJ2007
03-12-2005, 05:27 PM
Tj's have a rollover switch, i am not sure where it is located, but i will look in My FSM and see how to reset it

savvyaggie
03-18-2005, 09:45 AM
ttt