PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Explorer problems

Shaggy
03-16-2005, 10:18 PM
This explorer has the 4.0L v6 in it. I don't know much about this engine so I ask advice. A couple months ago it wouldn't start and it was acting like fuel delivery problems. You could get it started but it wouldn't idle. But after reving it for a while it would idle fine. I figured it was bad gas and changed the fuel filter and ran the tank dry. It has run fine since then till today. It did the same thing today. It has been parked for about half a week but ran fine this morning. Went out to it later and it did the same thing. After some reving it runs fine. What can cause it not to idle at first. Is there a computer problem or you think there is something wrong with the fuel injection. You think i should run some cleaner through it... maby run some 93octane through it.

let me know
tate

fbronco86
03-17-2005, 11:27 AM
This explorer has the 4.0L v6 in it. I don't know much about this engine so I ask advice. A couple months ago it wouldn't start and it was acting like fuel delivery problems. You could get it started but it wouldn't idle. But after reving it for a while it would idle fine. I figured it was bad gas and changed the fuel filter and ran the tank dry. It has run fine since then till today. It did the same thing today. It has been parked for about half a week but ran fine this morning. Went out to it later and it did the same thing. After some reving it runs fine. What can cause it not to idle at first. Is there a computer problem or you think there is something wrong with the fuel injection. You think i should run some cleaner through it... maby run some 93octane through it.

let me know
tate

explorers are gey

robertf03
03-17-2005, 11:43 AM
explorers are gey

so are people who misspell gay as to not offend the gay.

fbronco86
03-17-2005, 12:01 PM
so are people who misspell gay as to not offend the gay.

i meant to spell it like that

Here is a ice cold budlight for you mr tamor offroad spelling bee master :flipoff2:

BMFScout
03-17-2005, 12:05 PM
did you ride your "nighthwak" to work today Mr. gey

jerryg79
03-17-2005, 01:27 PM
i meant to spell it like that

Here is a ice cold budlight for you mr tamor offroad spelling bee master :flipoff2:

you forgot the period MR. - dumbass :flipoff2:

fbronco86
03-17-2005, 01:57 PM
did you ride your "nighthwak" to work today Mr. gey

least my bike runs :flipoff2:

jerryg79
03-17-2005, 02:27 PM

I meant to spell it like that

Pee-wee: I wouldn't sell my bike for all the money in the world. Not for a hundred million, billion, trillion dollars!
Francis: Then you're crazy!
Pee-wee: I know you are but what am I?
Francis: You're a nerd!
Francis: You're an idiot!
Pee-Wee, Francis: I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? I know you are, but what am I? (Pee-Wee): Infinity!
Francis: No, I'm not.
Francis, Pee-Wee: You are! No way! Knock it off! Cut it out!
Francis: Shut up, Pee-Wee!
Pee-wee: Why don't you make me.
Francis: You make me!
Pee-wee: Because. I don't make monkeys, I just train 'em.
Francis: Pee-Wee listen to reason.
[Pee-Wee cuffs his hand around his ear in a listening motion]
Francis: Pee-Wee!
Pee-wee: Sh! I'm listening to reason.
Francis: Pee-Wee!
Pee-wee: That's my name, don't wear it out.
Francis: Remember the first time I saw your bike? You came riding passed my house and I came running out to tell you how much I liked it even way back then?
Pee-wee: I love that story.
[Jumps on bike and pedals away]
Francis: You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!
:flipoff2:

Shaggy
03-17-2005, 05:02 PM
damn quit hyjacking my thread... for no reason it isnt doing this anymore... i guess ill just go on ignoring it till it happens again

fbronco86
03-17-2005, 09:07 PM
damn quit hyjacking my thread... for no reason it isnt doing this anymore... i guess ill just go on ignoring it till it happens again

First make sure no one pissed in the gas tank. I have personally seen this cause problems with that engine.

BMFScout
03-18-2005, 04:06 AM

Bring your "look what daddy got me for my sweet 16 750" to college station in a week or so and we will see who's bike runs... :gigem: :flipoff2:

fbronco86
03-18-2005, 02:06 PM
Bring your "look what daddy got me for my sweet 16 750" to college station in a week or so and we will see who's bike runs... :gigem: :flipoff2:

I had to open my big mouth and this morning my battery died

jerryg79
03-18-2005, 02:12 PM

It must be one of those days.....Yesterday I was thinking how I havent had to replace that damn blinker in a long time, what do ya know.....today super fast right hand blinker :mad:

Why has god forsaken me? :D

uglyota
03-18-2005, 02:13 PM
make sure someone didn't piss in it...your culprit will be the guy screaming in the restroom
Jerry it must be because you make love to your hand too much. are you having vision problems too? :flipoff2:

jerryg79
03-18-2005, 02:15 PM
make sure someone didn't piss in it...your culprit will be the guy screaming in the restroom
Jerry it must be because you make love to your hand too much. are you having vision problems too? :flipoff2:

In that case it must be the guy that lived below me in the smurf apartments....still mad that we peed in the exhaust pipe of his crotch rocket :D

BMFScout
03-18-2005, 03:42 PM
seriously we should have a TAMOR bike rally somewhere, there are at least 6 or 7 in the club, plus Karl has enough that everyone else that doesn't have one can borrow. :)

Shaggy
03-18-2005, 04:53 PM
umm wtf guys... get your own thread.... ps i hate you all

Shaggy
09-12-2005, 05:42 PM
ok well the problem came back and the thing wouldnt keep an idle. I drove it up to the store (two footing it) and checked the codes... no soft codes showed so i bought a new Idle Air Valve and threw it on... seems to have fixed the problem... wished i would have messed with this more a few months ago before my girlfriends dad dropped 600$ getting it worked on and it didnt fix nothing.

RCcola55
09-14-2005, 06:49 PM

let me know
tate

run that seafoam crap through it, my moms old explorer did kinda the same thing and that stuff helped a lot, also try cleaning out the IAC valve with some carb cleaner that always helped the bronco

Shaggy
09-14-2005, 07:24 PM
ummm read man... i fixed it already

RCcola55
09-14-2005, 09:56 PM
i completly missed the second page

uglyota
09-15-2005, 10:00 AM
yeah Ryan, what were you thinking, offering advice and trying to help like that?
***hole.
:flipoff2:

RCcola55
09-15-2005, 12:21 PM
im a bad person

Shaggy
09-15-2005, 02:31 PM
you just went down a few knotches in my mind

RCcola55
09-15-2005, 03:28 PM
back at 0, yesssssss :flipoff2: