PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for a new meeting place

mark
09-02-2002, 04:04 PM
Well folks,

The new Koppe Bridge is now open on Hwy 30 (Harvey Road) past the mall but before C&J's BBQ.

In the interest of resurrecting an old tradition, I propose we hold the meetings there. I changed the venue last year from the old Koppe Bridge to Rudy's due to parking issues. But the new one has that solved.

There is plenty of parking, a nice outdoor porch, and best of all, .75 pints on Wednesday between 5 and 8pm.

They are going to start taking plastic too.

Comments?

-Mark

robertf03
09-02-2002, 04:20 PM
not that it affects me since I'm in Dallas this semester, but my biggest issue with Koppe Bridge my freshman year when I was living on campus was that I had to drive out to the middle of no where for the meeting. C&J's is pretty far out there especially for those who have 4.56 gears and no over drive or some un highway-able combination like that.

Rudy's is pretty close to campus and pretty much in the middle of all the residential areas, and they've already shown that they are willing to caitere (sp?) to our needs.

AGRVR
09-02-2002, 05:09 PM
That's all true about Rudy's but the fact still remains that their food sucks and is overpriced, and Koppe sells beer out of a tap, not a bucket.

bburris
09-02-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by AGRVR
their food sucks and is overpriced

have you ever actually eaten there???

their BBQ is pretty damned good and the prices are comparable to what I grew up paying at a place in Beeville that slaughtered their own meat...

Seth
09-02-2002, 08:31 PM
I'm totally down for Koppe -- 75 cent pints people!!!

StevenAg03
09-02-2002, 08:45 PM
i say keep it at Rudy's....you can get a hamburger from just about any joint in town. and why would you want to sit and get ****y at a damn meeting. so who cares about the .75 pints. just buy a damn bottled beer. or better yet....drink a whole bunch before you get there and dont drink there....

and i would also agree that their prices are not too high. it is pretty cheap i think and i think its great....

Fredo
09-02-2002, 09:10 PM
I'm with Kevin. The food at Rudy's isn't that good of barbeque and the beer prices aren't much better. 75 cent beer is definitely a plus, and it's not about getting drunk at a meeting, it's about good food and cheap beer. I know some of you think that Rudy's is some good barbeque, but apparently I've eaten at better barbeque joints than you. heh. I'm up for the change.

bburris
09-02-2002, 11:38 PM
I've eaten some damn good BBQ, and Rudy's is one of the best chain-type joints that I've found....

but I guess you and Kevin might prefer Dickey's :D

Jackasic
09-02-2002, 11:48 PM
Rudy's may not be the best, but they actualy want our biz. Lets not forget the reason we lest Koppe in the first place; they were unhappy with the amout of vehicals we brought, claimed we were bring in our own beer, and got mad when we parked 2 deep. Ended up being more of a hassle.

In contrast, the folks at Rudy like us, would like us to put up a "trophy" wall, and asked me this summer when we were coming back :D I vote for the folks that want our business, not those that saw our patronage as a nussance.

Just by biased view:rolleyes:

StevenAg03
09-02-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Jackasic
Rudy's may not be the best, but they actualy want our biz. Lets not forget the reason we lest Koppe in the first place; they were unhappy with the amout of vehicals we brought, claimed we were bring in our own beer, and got mad when we parked 2 deep. Ended up being more of a hassle.

In contrast, the folks at Rudy like us, would like us to put up a "trophy" wall, and asked me this summer when we were coming back :D I vote for the folks that want our business, not those that saw our patronage as a nussance.

Just by biased view:rolleyes:

cant believe im saying this but i agree....http://offroadrepublic.com/fj40/pics-funnies/forum-thefinger.gifhttp://offroadrepublic.com/fj40/pics-funnies/forum-thefinger.gifhttp://offroadrepublic.com/fj40/pics-funnies/forum-thefinger.gif

BigRedFord04
09-03-2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by StevenAg03
cant believe im saying this but i agree....http://offroadrepublic.com/fj40/pics-funnies/forum-thefinger.gifhttp://offroadrepublic.com/fj40/pics-funnies/forum-thefinger.gifhttp://offroadrepublic.com/fj40/pics-funnies/forum-thefinger.gif

3rd

AgDieseler
09-03-2002, 10:22 AM
I vote a 4th for Rudy's. It a pretty rare thing when an establishment lets a rowdy bunch like us stay as late as we do, and not even whine about parking, or anything else for that matter. Food aside, we've got a good thing going.

Seth
09-03-2002, 10:53 AM
OK if koppes is a bunch of pricks and rudys really is that cool, then rudys is fine. they are both about the same distance for me.
seth

lissa
09-03-2002, 01:55 PM
The manager at koppe never gave me free ice cream so i think we should stay at rudys

mark
09-04-2002, 07:45 AM
It was just an idea.

I do like the manager at Rudy's better, but they really haven't done anything special to accommodate us other than be nice.

I figure with the new location of Koppe's we might be able to get some concessions from them for coming back. I for one would like to see a TAMOR wall of fame with a permanent sign and a display of trashed TAMOR parts and pics for all to enjoy. But Rudy's might be willing to provide that as well.

I have heard mixed opinions on the BBQ at Rudy's, and given the good burgers at Koppe, cheap beer and a new attitude, I thought the suggestion was in order.

But it seems that Rudy's is a popular choice.

Consider the suggestion dropped.

-Mark

P.S. If your conveyance can't get you the three miles to Koppe Bridge, you might consider investing in something more "streetable."

AgDieseler
09-04-2002, 11:11 AM
you might consider investing in something more "streetable."
Perhaps a golden bubble! ;)

Krawler68
09-04-2002, 11:39 AM
3 miles... shoot, 3 feet is Robert and my goal.

mark
09-04-2002, 12:40 PM
A golden bubble is a mighty fine choice. But even old Norm can make it.

-Mark

bigFAWKINranger
09-05-2002, 06:00 PM
well they're both about 200 miles away from me, and i never really ate at either one... but since i INTEND to make some of the meetings this year just make a decision and i'll TRY to be there.