PDA

View Full Version : New Shoes?

AgDieseler
05-29-2005, 11:11 AM
I'm making the switch to 37s over this summer, but I'm still undecided on which brand.

I got my H2 wheels (17x8.5), so I'm in the market for wheels that will fit. Requirements include: it must be a radial, have a road hazard warranty, at least a D load range, and I want to get some miles out of them. The wear baseline is set by my current set of 35s, which have about 15,000 miles on them with easily 90% tread left.

I like my BFG ATS, but I have wanted for something more aggressive as they don't clean well at all. MTs seem like a logical next step. I have also considered Goodyear MTRs as they have a nice pattern, good price, but I have heard nothing positive about their longevity.

Most of you guys know my driving habits, and I welcome any input.

mudtoy67
05-29-2005, 12:15 PM
Don't know much about BFG M/T 37s, but my 35s had well over 40,000 when I took them off. With your grandpa driving habits they outta last pretty long. I've heard the compound is too soft on the MTRs, causing them to have a shorter life, but they grip a lot better offroad. I also heard someone talking about the have a more punture resistant sidewall than the BFG.

Jumping on the H2 bandwagon, eh? :flipoff2:

73bronco
05-29-2005, 05:58 PM
I've got around 15,000 miles on my MTR and I'm totally happy with how they wear, but then again my truck is alot lighter than a burban

TxCruzr
05-30-2005, 11:21 AM
What BDR said...didn't know he could be right. Someone give him a cookie :flipoff2:
On a beast like your burb your going to get more life out of the BFGs. I just don't know how much they run compared to a 37 MTR. I was a BFG guy but now am sold on the MTRs for the rocks...they grip like a sonofa.
BFGs would probably be your best bet.

eight
06-03-2005, 07:25 PM
The old BFG MTs on me dodge had about 65000 miles with some tread left when I took them off. My dad has 255s of the new style on his dually and they have about 50% left with 40K on them. My brother has about 30K on the 35" new style on his F250 and still about 70%.

JB
06-03-2005, 08:15 PM
I got about 40k on my old style MTs on teh Bronco and sold them with about 50% left. I plan on some 285s for the f150 in aabout 10k miles. Good tires

AgDieseler
06-04-2005, 08:51 AM
I'm looking hard at a set of 37" BFG MTs. I've always like the tread pattern, and almost everybody gets a good ride out of them. If they're made of the same stuff my ATs are, then they'll ge good for at least 40,000.

BMFScout
06-04-2005, 09:38 AM
I like New balance, they come in widths. Ask Fred, he is on his 13th pair of the same identical shoe, I think he keeps a backup pair just in case.

For you, I say Mud terrains are the only way to go, but I do think the Nitto GRAPPLER! is a pimp looking tire. However, the sound business decision that appeals to your inner joo screams mud terrain. Good wear vs. performance vs. the all important price... ;) Hell if Kopecki endorses it, you know it's kosher. :) ( I kill myself) The Scout has Mud terrains and I have an undisclosed amount of miles on them, but it's a bunch of highway miles between here and Dallas, that is for sure. They still have a bunch of tread on them, and I like them when compared next to a couple of jeeps with mt/r's out at Gilmer.

AgDieseler
06-04-2005, 09:28 PM
There's nothing cheap about a 37 on a 17, but that's okay. I'm making the money to pay for it.

Shaggy
06-05-2005, 12:14 PM
bfg km is your best bet