PDA

View Full Version : Pro-comp lights

CRaSHnBuRN
06-20-2005, 09:25 AM
Does anyone on here have any experience with these lights? I need lights for the buggy, and they seem decently priced.

Also, the ones I'm looking at use a 55 watt bulb. Is there any reason I can't swap in a 100 or 130 watt bulb if the 55 isn't enough and I want more? (the housings are black abs, so could they be damage by the extra heat perhaps?)

stx4wheeler
06-20-2005, 11:40 AM
i have four of the procomp 8 in round 130 watts, and they are awesome. mine are all metal, and i think that they are brighter than kc's.

RCcola55
06-20-2005, 01:08 PM
http://www.extremesuspensions.com/lighting/lighting_index.htm click on the X-210, these light are the brightest ive ever seen for a vehicle and they are cheap

Violentv8toy
06-20-2005, 03:46 PM
i had pro comp lights on my chrome "roll/light" bar back in HS. I had the 55 watters and they did pretty good at night. They woulda been even better had they been on a front bumper.

ishbo03
06-20-2005, 05:21 PM
ive got 2 of the 6" 100 watt pro comp lights on my brush guard and am happy with them

uglyota
06-20-2005, 05:24 PM
http://www.extremesuspensions.com/lighting/lighting_index.htm click on the X-210, these light are the brightest ive ever seen for a vehicle and they are cheap
how wide is the beam on those? Do they act more like a spot or a flood?

RCcola55
06-20-2005, 05:26 PM
they are more of a flood light, four of them light up a 5 acre pond very nicely at midnight

CRaSHnBuRN
06-21-2005, 06:41 AM
I like this quote taken from rc's website

"Warning: This lamp is too powerful for on road use. Vehicle must remain in motion when lamps are on."

In other words, you let them sit for a while without enough airflow and the damn things will melt down :D

CRaSHnBuRN
06-21-2005, 07:03 AM
I guess my biggest problem is there isn't alot of room on the front of the buggy to put some decent sized lights where they will be adequately protected. One thought I had was to recess one light into the front of the grill above the winch, and then have two more lights mounted farther back near the tires to create a pattern like this \|/ . I think this setup will give me plenty of light for driving as well as working as rock lights when I'm crawling. I think 55 watts should be enough for the side lights, but kinda wanted something powerfull for the front facing one. But that is the one that needs to stay small (4x6 will work good, need to go home and check if a 5x7 will work). The procomp 4x6s use a 55 watt bulb, but I figured I could swap in a higher wattage bulb, if it didn't make to much heat for the housing to handle