PDA

View Full Version : Same Tamor Jeep, New Tamor Owner: Buildup!!!

savvyaggie
07-20-2005, 11:16 AM
As you all know I bought nick's old POS.... and I am looking at doing a few things to make it not such a POS.

So far I have taken off the 36" TSL's and but my 35" M/T's on it, did a bunch of cleaning, and put all new fluids in it. I played a little in it at a friends place and decided I needed more clearance, besides the body is trashed anyway.... So I did a little front fender trimming, and removed the rear flares. This is a temp. fix until I get some tube fenders..

TO DO:

replace all of the worn out bushings with polys (which have already been ordered).

Find a cheap replacement tub...

fix blinkers, and a few other wiring problems...

tube fenders..

make a few mods to the cage...

new fuel tank and skid plate...

New hood...

exhaust....

new shackles....

think of a name for it...

etc....etc...etc....

savvyaggie
07-20-2005, 11:20 AM
here is one before shot, and two after....

savvyaggie
07-20-2005, 11:23 AM
within the next few days I am going to do a little bit of trimming in the rear. Just like 3/4" around the wells, so that i can get rid of some of the damage and level the front and rear wheel well openings.

BMFScout
07-20-2005, 01:29 PM
I'm never selling my truck to someone in the club, the whole time Nick's gonna be like, wtf are you doing to my truck! Hack it to hell!! ;)

savvyaggie
07-20-2005, 01:36 PM
I'm never selling my truck to someone in the club, the whole time Nick's gonna be like, wtf are you doing to my truck! Hack it to hell!! ;)

the only things that I am hackin off is the rust and dents........ Oh wait, thats the whole damn jeep!!! :gigem:

bburris
07-20-2005, 01:43 PM
Is the body so bad that it necessitates replacing the tub, or do you just want to do this for cosmetic reasons?

That seems like a lot of work that will probably end up looking the same eventually. Why not comp. cut the rear and fix the mechanical problems, then worry about the body when it is no longer recognizeable?

uglyota
07-20-2005, 02:05 PM
totally...dovetail!
Since it needs a new frame too, you might as well wait for a deal on one and swap drivetrains

Ben97XJ
07-20-2005, 03:36 PM
Are you planning a frame swap? If not you should!

savvyaggie
07-20-2005, 03:56 PM
i thought about swapping the frame, but it's really is not that bad.... It has a couple of cracks, all in one spot and that's it, and it is at the very front.... It is a 74 model, what do you expect... I am going to take the frontend off next weekend, grind it all down, V it, weld it, and box it in... How long has it been like that???? and it has never been fixed!!!! That is a easy fix, it's just metal, and pretty much all of us know how to fix that...

If the frame is tweaked a bit, then I will throw it on my friends frame machine and then add a couple of more cross members... But i am pretty sure it is not, after taking a real close look at it, and measurements. It will never be a 2005 model, no matter what i do to it...

chevsu
07-20-2005, 04:13 PM
if its such a POS then why did you buy it?

savvyaggie
07-20-2005, 04:18 PM

b/c I want to be like you...with exception of the rainbow cage ;)

savvyaggie
07-20-2005, 04:23 PM

I just joke about the POS... why, because I can!!!!!

Overall it is a real good Jeep and very capable, efi, locked,oba, etc... and it can cruise at 70mph down the hwy... And all for less than what most people have in a stock POS.

isn't that why you did what you did with your rigs????

BMFScout
07-20-2005, 05:06 PM
I would have bought it had it been a scout!

chevsu
07-20-2005, 05:09 PM
both of mine were wrecked from the start. so a really good price was paid for both.

chevsu
07-20-2005, 05:11 PM
you know you like the cage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BMFScout
07-20-2005, 05:19 PM
what I like about your's Cody is that you made it so nice it will never be wheeled like your last one. Take your keys and write something clever down the side, then you won't care if you scratch/dent it up. Sorry to snake your thread, it's what I do!

savvyaggie
07-20-2005, 06:31 PM
both of mine were wrecked from the start. so a really good price was paid for both.

ME TOO!!!! Well, it looks like it was wrecked anyway....

stinger7401
07-21-2005, 10:31 AM
ME TOO!!!! Well, it looks like it was wrecked anyway....

I would like to think of it as more......how should we say......abused :flipoff2: I love that thing.

savvyaggie
08-02-2005, 09:17 PM
I planned on doing the frame this last weekend, but i ended up in Vegas, Damn the luck!!!!!!

Oh well.... I will work on it this weekend, and work on replacing the bushing with the poly ones I just got in.

I also Just got the exhaust done..... I'll post pics tomorrow...