PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer This Weekend

Lynda
09-11-2002, 10:24 PM
Hey Guys, Old and New.
The Gilmer trip is this weekend and to go I must have all your information (ID, Name, Emergency Contact). Also you must watch the Safety Video. For those who have forgot how to get to my house.......Turn down South College(by IHOP), Take a RIGHT at the SECOND LIGHT (Pleasant St.) I will be the fourth house on the right (113). My Jeep will be in the driveway. Still confused? Dial 268-8353. Meet here at 8:00 Thursday.
~Lynda
TAMOR SAFETY

Doug Krebs
09-12-2002, 06:32 PM
Ok i'm leaving saturday morning we'll meet at Mc.Donalds on University at 7:00, be ready to leave at 7:15, cause thats when we are leaving. I know another group is going up friday night, maybe someone will post when they are leaving. Directions for those going at there own time.Map for Gilmer (http://www.texasmotorizedtrails.com/ohvareas/barnwell/#maps) My # is 694-2781 if you have any questions. Thanks - Doug

redcagepatrol
09-13-2002, 08:04 AM
It is a little more than 4hrs from College Station, you guys leaving on Sat. won't get there till noon leaving that late, hope you stay the night.

Little to far and too much money for a day trip for me, $50 deisel minimum (pulling), $30 for two days wheeling, $7.50 to camp, and at least $30 for two people to eat. I will save my $120 this time

PS, the drive home with broken Newbies should be fun... been there a few times, trucks never make it home.

Take lots of pictures, and someone needs to do a writeup when done.

robertf03
09-13-2002, 10:25 AM
FWD-FWD is having their MOER saftey class this weekend at gilmer. Should be a lot of people out there, so don't worry about breaking stuff, they'll get ya home.

redcagepatrol
09-13-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by robertf03
FWD-FWD so don't worry about breaking stuff, they'll get ya home.

Sounds like famous words... It's OK if you have a trailer and money to pay for the "broken stuff"

Lynda
09-13-2002, 10:36 AM
What are you trying to do, scare them off?:(

redcagepatrol
09-13-2002, 12:16 PM
no, not trying to scare them off, just posting reality. I must be getting old... been there and done that (with Newbies) one too many times :rolleyes:

I was thinking about other people breaking and me fixing them. I always made it home, broken Birfields were no big deal :p

BMFScout
09-13-2002, 02:31 PM
Gilmer kicks ass, I have to throw a party for my friend who is getting married so I won't be able to go. On the driving deal, I have driven from college station to plano, then to gilmer, back to plano, then back to college station all in one weekend, all in a scout, cry me a river. Breaking **** and rigging it to get your ass home is half the fun. All the old army stories I have heard from before I was in the club, save the flying bronco, aren't from wheeling, it was from figuring out how to fix the broken ****, and the adventure of getting home. It is a bonding experience, it is "good bull" (sorry I just got my ring I am feeling all "red ass") It is about four hours to get out there, I would think about going tonight and camping, or staying tomorrow night and maybe getting a run in in the morning on Sunday. Have fun, it changes weekly with all the erosion out there, try dewoody, it has a rollover most every weekend now:) Binder Boulevard I hear is pretty cool too :)

froader03
09-13-2002, 04:18 PM
call me if you want to leave tonight. we're gonna meet at my house @ 6 and hopefully get outta here soon after.

1416 Magnolia
693-9988
777-6163