PDA

View Full Version : one or two employees

jwingfield2k
08-12-2005, 12:15 AM
Im gonna test out the college station landscaping stuff this fall. 10/hr to pass out fliers. (100 hours in an hour, get 10 cents a flier to pass em out) )and no you cant just dump them all in a trashcan and tell me you put them out).

sometime in the very beginning of september.

agjohn02
08-12-2005, 12:25 AM
Im gonna test out the college station landscaping stuff this fall. 10/hr to pass out fliers. (100 hours in an hour, get 10 cents a flier to pass em out) )and no you cant just dump them all in a trashcan and tell me you put them out).

sometime in the very beginning of september.

$10/hr x 100hr/hr + commission = im putting in my two weeks at the wind tunnel and making a career of passing out fliers.

Jackasic
08-12-2005, 06:56 AM
best of luck with that, are you planning to mow, irrigate, or install?

jerryg79
08-12-2005, 07:30 AM
With math skillz like that, Brandini'll run him outta town in no time :flipoff2:

Long live Texas Limited :flipoff2:

BMFScout
08-12-2005, 08:05 AM
maybe you can hire Brandon...(I kill myself...)

Jackasic
08-12-2005, 04:17 PM
heck for a low, low fee i'll sell you my lawn biz, landscaping is starting to consume my time.

jwingfield2k
08-12-2005, 07:05 PM
i meant to say 100 houses in an hour. so 10 cents a house. umm, im thinking about just doing landscape and irrigation install. i dont think i want the commitment to do maint since i go back and forth alot bw dallas and cs, plus i dont have another truck to keep in cs (yet).

oh and where are the yards youre thinking about selling, and what sq footage are they??

Jackasic
08-12-2005, 08:58 PM
The yards are all over town, the biz requires a 2 man crew working 40+ hours a week. I could even round up a driver and worker for you. PM me for more info.

If you want to do landscapeing, i would recomend advertizing on the radio, American Classifieds, or the Beagal. Door hangers are going to be a waste of time as they won't hit your target demografic. Give me a call and I'll be glad to point you in the right diriction.

jwingfield2k
08-13-2005, 07:19 AM
youll be hearing from me shortly. youre right i do need advice for the college station market, that city plays by a completely different set of rules than dallas.

uglyota
08-13-2005, 12:43 PM
everything you need to know is scratched into a shredded, wrinkled, faded piece of a college station map in the glove box of the old work truck. Like the map to Eldorado...
I could take you there for a fee but we would have to drive around in circles for a while en route to each house :D
Brandon how could door hangers not target the right demographic? You hang them on houses that look like they're non-students needing yard work

aggieblazer07
08-13-2005, 01:04 PM
go into Davido's neighborhood. That's where the fancy people live :gigem:

Jackasic
08-13-2005, 09:57 PM
two ways, for yard work you are just going to get the bottom of the market who are not going want to spend much money (proportionaly-bad margins and absolute dollor) and who are going to be high maintenace. For landscaping/irrigation, most of that is done at the time of new home construction so that is controled by the builder. Very few people don't have/need irrigation in an older home and most don't want to spend money on the landscaping.

That one moment they do want to spend money, the look it up the paper, ask friends, or some form of other non-dirict marketing. The cance of catching someone at the moment they are ready to buy, via door hangers, is pretty rare.

Best thing to do is to look who already buys these services and to find out when/where they do it. That is where I get my refreals from, builders I have delt with in the past or from comercial job that I know are coming up.

agjohn02
08-13-2005, 10:01 PM
after you put out hangers go back the houses at night spraying round-up and driving through flower beds.

jerryg79
08-15-2005, 07:13 AM
after you put out hangers go back the houses at night spraying round-up and driving through flower beds.

Now that is marketing :gigem:

agjohn02
08-15-2005, 09:08 AM
wait, werent there some posts here about my english and me using drugs? did they get moderated? i just wanna clear something up. i got my wisdom teeth out friday, im not just some doper.

uglyota
08-15-2005, 09:29 AM
probably, considering that this is in the classifieds forum half of these posts shouldn't be here. And yes I know, you can call me Kettle, but after all, it is Wingnut's thread...

JeepPhisherman
08-15-2005, 11:16 AM
wait, werent there some posts here about my english and me using drugs? did they get moderated? i just wanna clear something up. i got my wisdom teeth out friday, im not just some doper.

missed the drug comments... can i get a brief synopsis?

william_ace
08-18-2005, 06:55 PM
no

agjohn02
08-18-2005, 07:28 PM
missed the drug comments... can i get a brief synopsis?

i guess

no wisdom teeth + pain killers + posting = incoherant posts

jwingfield2k
08-20-2005, 07:03 PM
i wanted to die when i had my wisdom teeth out, dry sockets on both sides.

BMFScout
08-21-2005, 11:23 AM
I don't have wisdom teeth, never have, never will :flipoff2: