PDA

View Full Version : warn winch questions

CRaSHnBuRN
09-04-2005, 05:04 PM
To begin with, I have a warn M8000 winch (the one with the nonintergrated soleniods). Now I've heard that you can rotate the side with the free spool switch in increments of 90 degrees in order to place the switch in a more easy to access position if needed. Is this true? What about the other side (the one where all the cables from the soleniod pack connects), can it be rotated as well? And if you rotate the one side, does the other have to be rotated as well? Basically I want to rotate the side without the switch in order to make a little more room so that I can tuck the soleniod in to the limited space I have on the front of the buggy. As it is, the studs for the attachment of the power cables are in the way, but rotating it would solve that problem. Perhaps someone has a warn owners manual that would give me the info I need?

Oh yeah, where the best place to get a replacement cable? Mine is junk after trying to pull that white yota out of baby huey's crack in mason

Mud King
09-04-2005, 06:38 PM
on the warns there is like 6 or 8 allen bolts that hold each side on, if i remember right you can rotate each side in increments where the holes line up which is less than 90 degrees. When i had mine all apart i dont remeber anything being keyed a specific way so i think you can run each side in any orientation you would like?