PDA

View Full Version : Ramsey winch problem

J Cooper
09-09-2005, 11:01 AM
about that time of year to put the jeep back together so i started by trying to order a part for my winch.

last year while pulling like 8 kids out of the damn brazos my winch got a little pissed off and burnt/cracked a brush so i figured ok ill just order a new end cap or rebuild kit.

well ramsey does not carry that part or a rebuild kid. you have to buy a whole new motor to get that part.

so heres a picture of what im talking about.

the one broke broke in half and fell off the wire. and also where that wire leads to (out to the positive lead on out side of cap) just spends around and gets tied up..
i figured i could just jbweld that part down on the back side or something to keep it from spinning

but is there a way to just fix that brush you think without ordering a whole new motor?

maybe a starter or alt. shop might have the parts i would need????

BMFScout
09-09-2005, 11:13 AM
Grayson had good luck with Bryan alternator I think. The guy just has barrels of alternators and brushes and shi-at.

AggieTJ2007
09-09-2005, 11:33 AM
if that doesn't work try this site we have used them for motor parts before.

brushes (http://www.repcoinc.com/)

bburris
09-09-2005, 12:05 PM
Take it to an alternator shop. They should be able to find the part and fix it for you.

jerryg79
09-09-2005, 12:07 PM
Grayson had good luck with Bryan alternator I think. The guy just has barrels of alternators and brushes and shi-at.

i agree try this place....they had land rover parts, I think they'll have a ramsey winch covered

J Cooper
09-09-2005, 12:13 PM
cool, thanks

damn they got rover parts... they must be good

agjohn02
09-09-2005, 04:06 PM
they rebuilt the starter for the old scout motor in a couple hours. give em a call.