PDA

View Full Version : Drag Link

CheapJeep
10-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Should I try and make my drag link myself or does anyone have any recommendations as to where I could order one online or around town. I thought about getting some DOM .30 tubing and some heim joints but I don't know what other harware I need or if heim joints would even work. :confused:

Matt Conlee
10-02-2005, 06:22 PM
Heims will work but it will probably be easier to use tre's. What type of setup are looking to do?

CheapJeep
10-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Well I have both a high steer arm and arm for hydro assisst. I also have a drop pitmann arm. I want to run hydro assist but I don't have a power steering pump and I need to save money to get the AGR kit. So I'm just working to get the drag link hooked up so I can wheel with manual steering for a while. Where do I go to get TRE's and is there any place that'll make drag link's

Shaggy
10-02-2005, 06:54 PM
build it yourself with some .25 wall dom.. it'll be plenty strong... and why not just keep asking questions in the same thread if it is for the same rig... this million thread crap isnt proper forum ediquette (sp?)
-Tate

CheapJeep
10-02-2005, 07:00 PM
My bad, I was waiting for someone to say that...After I posted the thread I realized that I had already had the other one. oops. :beer:

eight
10-02-2005, 09:48 PM
I use 3/4" XXS pipe. Drill ID to 11/16" and tap 3/4" UNF. Tap is about $25 at Napa and they'll likely have to order it. Find yourself a GM power steering pump and a J-truck steering box and use that. Manual steering no es bueno. Good 3/4" heims can be bought from Jegs for about $30. Get the ones with the 5/8" hole, they can take more angle.

TxCruzr
10-02-2005, 09:55 PM
I would stay away from AGR...not sure if they have gotten their shiznat back in order or not but for a while after the original guy left they were putting out a bunch of crap and had ever worse service. Plus there are cheaper solutions which are always better :gigem: