PDA

View Full Version : power steering resevior

CRaSHnBuRN
10-10-2005, 12:18 PM
Ever since I got the buggy I've had a problem with PS fluid leaking out near the resevoir. lately its been losing enough to really make a mess of things, so I'm gonna try to replace it as well as all the hoses with it. Does anyone know of where these can be found for a decent price? I've searched summit and speedway motors, but didn't like the prices. Another problem is I'm somewhat limited for room vertically, and most aftermarket ones seem kinda long.

Another idea I've had was just to build my own. If I did this I could mount it horizontally and make it much larger. Here is a rough plan of how I would do it. I'd take a 6-12 inch piece of pipe that was between 3 an 4 inches in diameter. I would then get a couple of weld on pipe caps for that pipe size, and weld them on. Then I would add the necessary fittings. There are some possible problems I could see with this plan. One would be welding good enough to seal the tank. Another would be the best method for attaching the fittings. Do I just thread the pipe? Or perhaps thread a small peice of pipe, and weld this to the tank. Finally, I know this setup must be able to breath. How would I accomplish this without having to worry about it leaking in a rollover, or just spraying out as it does now? And in the end I wonder if I would really save any money.

If you have any ideas or thoughts, let me have it

Shaggy
10-10-2005, 12:36 PM
your not gonna save anything by building it in my opinion and it isnt gonna work as good... i would think that a wide short one wouldnt work the same as a tall skinny one... it seems that gravity makes these things work best... just my .02... and it is probably worthless

AggieTJ2007
10-10-2005, 12:40 PM
here is a roll over valve that I found. It is made for a fuel cell but it should work.
http://www.daymotorsports.com/product/1476/c/82/

I also think that since gravity probably does make it work better it should have a "sump" to pull the fluid from

TxCruzr
10-10-2005, 03:25 PM
PSC has some nice ones too...probably pricey though. If you did make your own you would need to go with a custom billet piece :D