PDA

View Full Version : Blazer Revival 2005!

Pages : 1 [2]

Doug Krebs
11-07-2006, 10:51 PM
I've seen some 12" shock hoop kits for toys for like $45. They come in pieces so they're customizable. I'll find the link if you want.

Thing is if I have to modify them at all I might as well just build them myself. Unless I'm missing something they shouldn't take to long to build.

One piece of bent tubing with the ends notched and short pieces of tube welded on perpendicular to the bent piece.

JeepPhisherman
11-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Thing is if I have to modify them at all I might as well just build them myself. Unless I'm missing something they shouldn't take to long to build.

One piece of bent tubing with the ends notched and short pieces of tube welded on perpendicular to the bent piece.

That's pretty much all it is, just gives you all the pieces already cut to save time and add some bling.
http://www.tellico4x4.com/images/products/bluetorch/blue-btf07011.jpg

JeepPhisherman
11-07-2006, 11:00 PM
I figured $45 was worth the time it would take to fab/cut all the pieces plus the cost of the metal.

Thats the BTF kit, not the cheapest, but it's still not bad @ $60, especially if you're going to have to pay $~3/ft plus $10 shipping, which puts you at 40 without the shock mounting tabs and hardware.

Doug Krebs
11-07-2006, 11:10 PM
I figured $45 was worth the time it would take to fab/cut all the pieces plus the cost of the metal.

Thats the BTF kit, not the cheapest, but it's still not bad @ $60, especially if you're going to have to pay $~3/ft plus $10 shipping, which puts you at 40 without the shock mounting tabs and hardware.

Hmm doesn't look to bad, but I'm not sure it will be long enough. I'm going to have to cut inner fenders to make room for the height. I'll check it out in the day.

I'll leave cutting the tabs out to the edm!

Now is one of those times I wish I had a pipe die...

Doug Krebs
11-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Ok I'm not paying $4 a foot for 1.25" tubing. I'm going to call around houston and check prices, if I can't find anything decent I'll just make it out of 1.75" tubing and have a larger radius.

I found one of my long travel shocks which has a 14" travel. I know I have another one but god knows where it is. the other shock I have measures 10ish in length. I jacked up one side of the blazer until the tire was off the ground and it looks like I have about 6" of travel from ride height to full droop on one side. Looks like I need to find another long shock.

KrazyKarl02
11-13-2006, 04:25 PM
Doug did you see your gas tank, straps, tools, and kreboperty keys?

Sharpe
11-13-2006, 04:31 PM
Did you figure out what you're going to do about the shock hoops?

Doug Krebs
11-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Doug did you see your gas tank, straps, tools, and kreboperty keys?

Yeah, thanks again. I think that tank is too nasty to use. It's got varnish on the inside and I don't feel like messing with it.

Doug Krebs
11-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Did you figure out what you're going to do about the shock hoops?

Yeah, make my own, thats why I wanted 1.25" tubing... Probably just going to use 1.75". I would just buy that BTF kit, but it wouldn't work on the drivers side with the steering shaft in the way.

savvyaggie
11-13-2006, 07:17 PM
don't you have a bender??

Doug Krebs
11-13-2006, 07:23 PM
don't you have a bender??

yes?

savvyaggie
11-13-2006, 07:29 PM
what size dies u got?

savvyaggie
11-13-2006, 07:33 PM
Will your bender not do 180 degrees?? why arn't you going to make your own shock hoops??

eight
11-13-2006, 07:35 PM
I'm not sure if it'll fit, but you're welcome to copy my shock mounts. Might be too easy for you though.

fbronco86
11-13-2006, 07:43 PM
yes?

you got it going or still having pump issues.

fbronco86
11-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Will your bender not do 180 degrees?? why arn't you going to make your own shock hoops??

His ram is not long enough to push it around that far.

I think he should set it up with out the pump and quit being a puss about it. He is a big boy he can bend that tubing.

Doug Krebs
11-13-2006, 08:18 PM
To reply to all of the above non-sense...

I am making my own hoops... Garrett just suggested using the BTF kit to save time, since it wasn't that much more money to just buy the kit.

I have 1.25" and 1.75" dies...

The bender works at the moment, but it has bent arms and I'm not using my own pump.

Mike, I don't think you understand how the bender works. With one shot I can bend 90* right now. If I repin the die, it can go past 180* but you won't be able to take the tubing out of the die. Both my dies are 240*dies.

After the clayton trip, I'm building new arms out of 3/4" or something similarly silly. The new design will also bend much further in one shot, probably around 125 or so.

savvyaggie
11-13-2006, 08:28 PM
are you going to make them out of 1.25 or 1.75??

Doug Krebs
11-13-2006, 08:33 PM
are you going to make them out of 1.25 or 1.75??

looks like 1.75 because thats what I have laying around. To get 1.25 I'd have to order it and have it shipped.

No one in this town that I'm aware of carries any kinda tubing in stock.

Sharpe
11-13-2006, 08:53 PM
I never thought about that but whats the point of making dies over 180 degrees if you cant get the piece out after its bent? Is there some kind of trick to it?

Doug Krebs
11-13-2006, 08:59 PM
I never thought about that but whats the point of making dies over 180 degrees if you cant get the piece out after its bent? Is there some kind of trick to it?

Well it has to be a little over 180 for spring back. Other than that, maybe material needs to be there for a hole to pin the die? I don't have one in front of me so I can't tell if thats the case.

savvyaggie
11-13-2006, 09:36 PM
looks like 1.75 because thats what I have laying around. To get 1.25 I'd have to order it and have it shipped.

No one in this town that I'm aware of carries any kinda tubing in stock.

have you tried that new new place pioneer pipe and steel? its about 8-10 east of town off of 21(wixon valley). I have been meaning to go by there and check it out, but have not had time.

agjohn02
11-13-2006, 09:54 PM
sweet, maybe they will run mack out of town.

ill go check them out next time i need some material.

Doug Krebs
11-13-2006, 10:10 PM
have you tried that new new place pioneer pipe and steel? its about 8-10 east of town off of 21(wixon valley). I have been meaning to go by there and check it out, but have not had time.

they only sell full pieces of material... I went to look there for work a couple of weeks ago. Didn't call them and see if they had tubing today. Kinda forgot about them, I'll call tommorow.

eight
11-13-2006, 10:12 PM
Pioneer's not a new company. I know I checked prices with them years ago and I don't think we ever bought anything from them in the metal building business. But they should have a real pipe yard instead of these other little **** places we have here so they'll probably have better prices. They'll also carry reject pipe if yall would need any for building fences and such. My prediction is that they won't have this "tube" you want. Last I went by there they didn't have much in stock, but they could have hauled alot in by now.

BMFScout
11-13-2006, 11:38 PM
I drove by there all season. It looks like fence supply to me. Big yard, everything outside from what I could tell.

DRAGOONRANCH
11-14-2006, 05:40 AM
I deal with Pioneer in Waco all the time. They may be high on some things, but they support the 4-H/FFA kids in the county shows so I try to do business with them.

DRAGOONRANCH
11-14-2006, 05:41 AM
oh, and they would cut to length if you needed it, but its been a while

fbronco86
11-14-2006, 04:08 PM
To reply to all of the above non-sense...

I am making my own hoops... Garrett just suggested using the BTF kit to save time, since it wasn't that much more money to just buy the kit.

I have 1.25" and 1.75" dies...

The bender works at the moment, but it has bent arms and I'm not using my own pump.

Mike, I don't think you understand how the bender works. With one shot I can bend 90* right now. If I repin the die, it can go past 180* but you won't be able to take the tubing out of the die. Both my dies are 240*dies.

After the clayton trip, I'm building new arms out of 3/4" or something similarly silly. The new design will also bend much further in one shot, probably around 125 or so.

I was just busting your balls. :gigem:

Doug Krebs
11-21-2006, 09:45 PM
Ok... gas tank is done, along with the modified sending unit.

Shock towers are built, I just need to make some mounting plates to weld them to and then bolt them on. Then I need to make some tabs on top of the towers for the top of the shock. Hopefully I get that all done tommorow afternoon.

When I get back on saturday I need to finish up a few things to hopefully make it to 47 on sunday.

Install gas tank and figure out a way to hold it quickly for 47. Possibly with ratchet straps if I don't have time to modify the metal straps.

-Weld yoke onto drive shaft.
-Install inner fenders.
-Replace rear u-joint
-Bolt bump stops
-Quick alignment

After 47 testing I'd like to get the hydro assist done. Also, need to get a solenoid for the winch and tidy up the wiring. Rocklights would be nice too, but not mandatory.

Edit: Opps forgot pictures. I finally used the bender for myself and had fun!

uglyota
11-21-2006, 09:59 PM
blingin. You gonna brace them? what's with the yellow? Find a can of spray paint on the side of the road? :D

Doug Krebs
11-21-2006, 10:06 PM
blingin. You gonna brace them? what's with the yellow? Find a can of spray paint on the side of the road? :D

yeah, when I get them mounted tommorow, I'll brace them from the top of the frame to the top of the hoop.

John Deere yellow! I just wanted to paint it something light so incase it does leak I can see it better. Yellow is the only light thing I had laying around.

uglyota
11-21-2006, 10:29 PM
my "paint your truck by numbers kit" said shackles were supposed to be yellow...I might have been drinking at the time though

RCcola55
11-21-2006, 11:54 PM
would you like to make another set of those hoops?

DRAGOONRANCH
11-22-2006, 12:22 AM
or 3 or 4 :D

Fredo
11-22-2006, 03:13 AM
everytime this thread comes back to the top, I can't help but laugh....this is about the mental image that comes to mind everytime...... :D

DRAGOONRANCH
11-22-2006, 05:09 AM
I just pulled my shootin/safety glasses down so I could lean back and take a nap for a few minutes and looked down at the computer screen and it almost threw me. The hands almost float out at ya... weird

Doug Krebs
11-22-2006, 08:41 AM
Thats awesome fred! Where did you get that pick from? I don't have many pictures of the blazer for some reason. Maybe cause I haven't wheeled it in two years? :rolleyes:

Fredo
11-22-2006, 10:41 AM
the picture of the blazer is of that Las Cruces trip we went on like 3 years ago....the rest came via google image search. :)

Doug Krebs
11-22-2006, 12:06 PM
the picture of the blazer is of that Las Cruces trip we went on like 3 years ago....the rest came via google image search. :)

Would you mind emailing the blazer pics to me? Tamor02@hotmail.com

Sharpe
11-23-2006, 07:16 PM
Doug for some reason I have a crapload of pics of your blazer on my puter.

How did you address the steering shaft issue on the driver's side hoop?

BMFScout
11-23-2006, 09:42 PM
http://offroadrepublic.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=11343

From Offroadrepublic.com dougie, just go through the pages

Doug Krebs
11-24-2006, 01:29 PM
http://offroadrepublic.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=11343

From Offroadrepublic.com dougie, just go through the pages

sweet, thanks.

I got the drivers side completly built and welded up before I left on weds, but didn't take any pictures. If you're in town go over and look at it if you're bored.

JeepPhisherman
11-24-2006, 04:41 PM
I just stopped by to take a celebratory piss on your tires.

Want to help me weld up osme sliders this week?

Doug Krebs
11-26-2006, 10:33 PM
So I started it up to take it on a test drive before I finished up a few things before I figured out how to get it to 47. Well I start to see some smoke so I look underneath and see gas dripping on the exhaust pimp. Well the braided fuel lines up by the front have rotted also, so that killed 47.

Got the hoops all finished up and the shocks mounted. Hung the gas tank up by ratchet straps until I redo the metal straps. The gas tank is almost flush with the frame.

I'll get the minor details finished up this week and then make a run to 47. :gigem:

savvyaggie
11-26-2006, 11:39 PM
what did u use for the hoops??

JeepPhisherman
11-27-2006, 12:39 AM
what did u use for the hoops??

post #280

savvyaggie
11-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Do you have any more tubing left??? enough to make some more shock hoops??

DRAGOONRANCH
11-27-2006, 06:11 PM
This is gonna be awesome, your blazer and pigpen are the two rigs that made me feel I had a chance w/ the club havin the cheby and all

Reckless
11-27-2006, 06:19 PM
This is gonna be awesome, your blazer and pigpen are the two rigs that made me KNOW I had a chance w/ the club havin the cheby and all

FIXED!! :flipoff2:

Doug Krebs
11-28-2006, 08:26 PM
Super it drives much better now with shocks. Drove it around the block, but I need to do an alignment as the steering was a little crazy. Didn't want to go to far as I know one of the u-joints in the rear is bunk.

Edit: How do ya'll normally do alignments? I think the last time I used two pins and measured from across the front, then rotated and measured across the back. I think I set the front about a 1/4" less than the rear?

eight
11-28-2006, 08:38 PM
I set the front at 1/8" less than the rear. I just measure to the same spot on the tread. Your way would be more accurate because the tread may not be straight. Too much toe in gets me the death wobble.

stx4wheeler
11-28-2006, 09:02 PM
i set mine at 1/8th as well and all is good

uglyota
11-28-2006, 09:36 PM
I measure off the inside of the rim. dead on was the best for me with sloppy heims, I've heard of 1/8" toed out working well for MTs

Doug Krebs
12-04-2006, 09:55 AM
Ok glad I made it to 47, figured out what I need to fix and I had fun. Also I got seat time which I haven't had in a while.

So here's what I need to fix:

Steering. Sometimes it worked well, sometimes I couldn't turn at all. I plan on putting in a new pump as this one whines and is quite cranky. It's life time warrantied so why not. I plan on rebuilding the box, I found a website about a rebuild, doesn't look to bad. Anyone ever done this? I'll probably tap the box while I have it out, but just put plugs in it as I probably won't have enough time to do ram assist.

Bumpstops/limiting straps. These springs are annoyingly soft. They droop so much that the top of the spring hit the tie rod on the passenger side. They also compress so much that driver side spring hit the pitman arm.

Plan on ordering these bumpstops today. bumpies (http://jbccoffroad.com/21ta41lex21w.html)

Also, I'm going to make new spring plates so the bump stops have a big, flat area to come in contact with. I'm also going to reinstall the overloads while I have all this crap out.

For limiting strap someone said get a seatbelt and sew it up. I think that sounds good or I could sacrafice a tie down strap. I'd just have to make some ends with a loop for the strap and a bolt hole. I'd probably take them to an upholstrey (sp?) shop to get sewn.

I broke the conversion u-joint within a minute of locking in a hub. I never even gave it any gas, I was just idling up one of those washed out cracks. The tires should have easily slipped on that wet ground before the joint gave out. I'm guessing it must have been defective. At any rate I'm ordering a 1350 pinion yoke for the D60.

How about u-joints. Where can you get them without the zerk fitting?

Also, how about u-straps (Edit:U-bolts, the ones that go throught the yoke and bolt behind)? Last year I just bought them in the help section. I found some on an old yoke, and they were fine thread and looked alot beefier than the help section ones. Anyone know where to get the beefy ones?

I think thats it... Should be good for clayton with those modifications.

eight
12-04-2006, 10:10 AM
You talking about straps or u-bolts? Since straps don't have threads I assume u-bolts. Get the ones from orielley's but not from the help section. Just give them the application of something that used u-bolts. If this is for the 60, ask for some for a 79 F-350 4x4 rear axle, then check that they are right. They're cheaper than in the help section, look much better, and have a lifetime warranty if you care on a $3 part.

Doug Krebs
12-04-2006, 10:20 AM
You talking about straps or u-bolts? Since straps don't have threads I assume u-bolts. Get the ones from orielley's but not from the help section. Just give them the application of something that used u-bolts. If this is for the 60, ask for some for a 79 F-350 4x4 rear axle, then check that they are right. They're cheaper than in the help section, look much better, and have a lifetime warranty if you care on a $3 part.

ok, didn't want to confuse them with the ubolts on the axles... So yes the the ubolts that hold the caps on the yoke. Thanks kopecki.

Sharpe
12-04-2006, 10:53 AM
If you are getting the 1350 yoke from Northwest fab like I recomended, they come with u-bolts instead of straps. For tapping the steering box, I wouldnt recoment doing it on the side like is "normal". Some people on CK5 had problems with their tires hitting the box and ripping the fittings off. You can tap the top plate of the box, and buy a new end cap with a tapped hole in it. This is the route I intend to go when I get to that point. Check out the vendor section on CK5, there is a guy who sells a kit with the cap and a prety *****in looking ram for a decent amount. I know you already have the PSC ram but he sells the caps and hoses seperate too.

TMatheaus
12-04-2006, 11:44 AM
for the ujoint without the zerk fitting, precision's heavy duty ujoints dont have the fitting on them, should be able to get them from anywhere, and precision also makes the ubolts and straps for the pinion

Doug Krebs
12-04-2006, 12:08 PM
If you are getting the 1350 yoke from Northwest fab like I recomended, they come with u-bolts instead of straps. For tapping the steering box, I wouldnt recoment doing it on the side like is "normal". Some people on CK5 had problems with their tires hitting the box and ripping the fittings off. You can tap the top plate of the box, and buy a new end cap with a tapped hole in it. This is the route I intend to go when I get to that point. Check out the vendor section on CK5, there is a guy who sells a kit with the cap and a prety *****in looking ram for a decent amount. I know you already have the PSC ram but he sells the caps and hoses seperate too.

I've seen the "cap" I could probably make one pretty easy. Where do they tap it on the top plate? Or where is the top plate for that matter?

I'm just going to get a stock 1350 yoke being that I have a 1310 CV at the tcase.

Doug Krebs
12-04-2006, 12:14 PM
for the ujoint without the zerk fitting, precision's heavy duty ujoints dont have the fitting on them, should be able to get them from anywhere, and precision also makes the ubolts and straps for the pinion

Thats what I thought. When landon used to work at O' Reilly's i'm pretty sure he got me them, however most of the part store monkey's that aren't familiar with 4x4's know **** about u-joints. At the Bryan O' Reilly's they had know clue what 1310, etc.. meant they just looked at me dumbfounded.

Hell the first guy that I asked for u-joints brought me out into the store and showed me u-bolts. I again asked for u-joints and obvsiouly had no clue and shoved me off onto the gothic looking 16 year old chick. She than shoved me off onto another person. I was there for a half hour until I just told them to try a 3/4 chevy. Then I called flem and he said to try a 1 ton chevy. I finally got what I needed. They also didn't know the difference between external and internal snap rings.

Doug Krebs
12-04-2006, 12:32 PM
You can tap the top plate of the box, and buy a new end cap with a tapped hole in it.

After going out and looking at the steering box I think i know what you mean by top plate. I'm assuming it's the plate that holds the sector shaft in?

AggieTJ2007
12-04-2006, 12:34 PM
ive got a napa catalog I will get you the napa partnumber later

fbronco86
12-04-2006, 12:57 PM
After going out and looking at the steering box I think i know what you mean by top plate. I'm assuming it's the plate that holds the sector shaft in?

How many other plates are on the steering box :flipoff2:

Doug Krebs
12-04-2006, 01:03 PM
How many other plates are on the steering box :flipoff2:

ban him!

I didn't know if he just meant a flat area on the top of the box somewhere.

Anyways, anyone got a picture of this? Or do you just tap it anywhere.

CheapJeep
12-04-2006, 01:07 PM
Hey Krebs, I have that ****ty K5 frame with my drivetrain in it at our house. It has a steering box (I think it's push pull?), gas tank (kind of late I know), etc...if you want to come over and pull some stuff off. My dad is coming up here tonight with our trailer to come pick it up and take it back home so if you want stuff it'll have to be this afternoon. :gigem:

Doug Krebs
12-04-2006, 01:17 PM
Hey Krebs, I have that ****ty K5 frame with my drivetrain in it at our house. It has a steering box (I think it's push pull?), gas tank (kind of late I know), etc...if you want to come over and pull some stuff off. My dad is coming up here tonight with our trailer to come pick it up and take it back home so if you want stuff it'll have to be this afternoon. :gigem:

hmm what time can I come over? What time is he coming?

CheapJeep
12-04-2006, 01:18 PM
I'll be here most of the day, his schedule is always wierd so I'm guessing he will be late as usual, probably sometime later this evening.

Sharpe
12-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Yes the sector shaft plate. Look on CK5, its been prety well covered there. My membership expired so your out of luck for searching but if you look in the vendor forum and find the guy that makes the pimp cap I think there are pics of exactly where to drill.

Sharpe
12-04-2006, 02:12 PM
Here's the pimp kit I was thinking of. It looks like you can get the top cap already drilled and tapped from them too, not that you would but its just another idea.

http://www.blazenoffroad.com/Hydraulic%20Assist.htm

Doug Krebs
12-06-2006, 04:49 PM
Nice... spendning more than I want too, but what the hell, we only live once right?

Just ordered, u-bolts, bumpstops, and a nice new shiney forged 1350 yoke.

u-bolts surprised me, after calling 4wheel parts and asking questions they told me to call superlift, which I did superly. They sound exactly like the ones BTF sells, but the pumpkin u-bolt is 10.5" long which I needed. They also come with studs like the BTF kit, but is only 37.xx compared to 59.xx. We'll find out when they come in on friday if all of this is true.

Doug Krebs
12-12-2006, 01:44 AM
God damn 4wheel parts, they sent me the wrong ****ing u-bolts. I even talked to the service people and actually called superlift who makes/supplies them. If they won't overnite what I need I'll have bvd make the damn things.

On a better note, summit actually sent the right bump stops. They also gave me a free hat and stickers!

Took the pump and steering box off tonight. The fluid had shiny sparkles in it :rainbow: I took the box apart to look at the internals and it was gunky as hell in there. I've decided against rebuilding the box and just buying a new one. It will be much better for time and my sanity.

Maybe tommorow night I pull an all nighter! I'd work later tonight if i had parts :(

CRaSHnBuRN
12-12-2006, 01:45 AM
so what did they send you?

Doug Krebs
12-12-2006, 01:50 AM
so what did they send you?

4 u-bolts all of which are the same size. They all fit the non pumkin side, but those aren't the ones I need. I don't understand how they sent me the wrong crap. What we discussed on the phone was 2 like they sent me, 1 which has a larger diamter to fit around the pumpkin, and 2 studs that screw into the housing.

Instead I get 4 u-bolts. The one I really need is the larger diameter u-bolt that goes around the pumkin casting.

CRaSHnBuRN
12-12-2006, 01:56 AM
damn, I was gonna order a set from them tommorow, and I think mine is the same part number as yours (9/16 studs, plus 3 u-bolts). Summit has them, and ship pretty damn fast (normally have the order the 2nd or 3rd day), but I hate to pay the 10 dollar packaging fee if thats all I need to order

eight
12-12-2006, 08:12 AM
That big one is the one I got at carquest. I don't see how yall can make getting u-bolts so hard.

fbronco86
12-12-2006, 08:13 AM
Dude,

what the hell where you doing last night. I thought you were gonna come over or something?

jerryg79
12-12-2006, 08:17 AM
Dude,

what the hell where you doing last night. I thought you were gonna come over or something?

who are you talking to?

fbronco86
12-12-2006, 08:19 AM
who are you talking to?

Not you. :gigem:

jerryg79
12-12-2006, 08:20 AM
Not you. :gigem:

burn?

fbronco86
12-12-2006, 08:21 AM
burn?

krebs was in kingwood last night

Doug Krebs
12-12-2006, 09:09 AM
That big one is the one I got at carquest. I don't see how yall can make getting u-bolts so hard.

how long is it?

JeepPhisherman
12-12-2006, 12:03 PM
I don't have **** to do but drink tonight, I'll come over and supervise.

eight
12-12-2006, 02:02 PM
I don't know. You can have it. It's under the little table against the wall behind the shop.

jerryg79
12-13-2006, 09:14 AM
you getum parts you needum?

fbronco86
12-13-2006, 11:02 AM
This thread sucks to much talky no pics.

Doug Krebs
12-14-2006, 01:25 AM
I hurt... almost done...

agjohn02
12-14-2006, 01:30 AM
its not gonna happen. give up now doug.:flipoff2:

Doug Krebs
12-14-2006, 04:14 AM
its not gonna happen. give up now doug.:flipoff2:

**** off *****! I still worky long time!

sasquatch
12-14-2006, 11:11 AM
you can do eeeeetttt

DRAGOONRANCH
01-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Just ordered, u-bolts, bumpstops, and a nice new shiney forged 1350 yoke.

wHERE U ORDER yOKe FROm?

Doug Krebs
01-10-2007, 02:49 PM
wHERE U ORDER yOKe FROm?

highonda on pirate. I think his website is www.extremeaxlesales.com

agjohn02
01-10-2007, 03:08 PM
do i get my 1310 yoke back?

Doug Krebs
01-10-2007, 03:31 PM
do i get my 1310 yoke back?

sure

Doug Krebs
02-13-2008, 11:31 PM
So to get the blazer prepared for the reunion, I need to fix a couple of things. The two main things are the crossmember mounts and the rear drive shaft. Other things should include: notching the frame where a power steering hose hits and maybe try to figure out the weird power problem where half the vehicle loses power randomly.

So the crossmember is the biggest problem.

There are two mounts you can't see on the adapter in the picture. One of them is broken off and I don't think welding it back on is going to solve the problem for long.

My plan is to make two plates the bolt on the back side of the adapter where the blue scribble is. One on the top and one on the bottom. Then attach them ghetto like to some ghetto crossmember.

DRAGOONRANCH
02-13-2008, 11:37 PM
ghettoriffic

DRAGOONRANCH
02-13-2008, 11:41 PM
So to get the blazer prepared for the reunion, I need to fix a couple of things. The two main things are the crossmember mounts and the rear drive shaft. Other things should include: notching the frame where a power steering hose hits and maybe try to figure out the weird power problem where half the vehicle loses power randomly.

There are two mounts you can't see on the adapter in the picture. One of them is broken off and I don't think welding it back on is going to solve the problem for long.

My plan is to make two plates the bolt on the back side of the adapter where the blue scribble is. One on the top and one on the bottom. Then attach them ghetto like to some ghetto crossmember.

Here, sharpe has it all figured out for ya.... (http://www.tamor.org/forums/showthread.php?p=177578#post177578)

This guy had a problem breaking 465/205 adapters, check out his sollution.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645229

:flipoff2:

Doug Krebs
02-13-2008, 11:44 PM
Here, sharpe has it all figured out for ya.... (http://www.tamor.org/forums/showthread.php?p=177578#post177578)

Ass!

davido
02-13-2008, 11:47 PM
I use to have one of those sitting around Doug. The Klune negated the need for mine. I'll see if I can find it.

Something I would recommend is a mount coming off of the end of the NP205. There are two bolt holes on one end (I think towards the bottom on a non-clocked one). Build a small plate off of it and mount it to the frame or a cross member. I made one of these after shredding my motor mounts in reverse (engine turned, shifter pinned my leg, S-curved my old crossmember, bad deal). It's been on there for a few years now and no more torn motor mounts. It would also protect that adapter and anything else from the twist.

DRAGOONRANCH
02-13-2008, 11:48 PM
But I thought you loved me???

and I have the proof :blackwink:

Doug Krebs
02-14-2008, 12:02 AM
I use to have one of those sitting around Doug. The Klune negated the need for mine. I'll see if I can find it.

Something I would recommend is a mount coming off of the end of the NP205. There are two bolt holes on one end (I think towards the bottom on a non-clocked one). Build a small plate off of it and mount it to the frame or a cross member. I made one of these after shredding my motor mounts in reverse (engine turned, shifter pinned my leg, S-curved my old crossmember, bad deal). It's been on there for a few years now and no more torn motor mounts. It would also protect that adapter and anything else from the twist.

Problem is the tcase is a 208. These adapters are notorious for breaking. I'm not sure if the 208 and 205 adapter are the same. I know they look similar.

jerryg79
02-14-2008, 01:39 AM
blazer may make a good showing but klogger will dominate!:gigem:

Doug Krebs
02-14-2008, 01:47 AM
blazer may make a good showing but klogger will dominate!:gigem:

I think we need to have a tug off on the side of hwy 6, gooseneck to gooseneck!

Maybe I should make sure it still runs? I haven't started it in a year.

KrazyKarl02
02-14-2008, 01:30 PM
I think we need to have a tug off on the side of hwy 6, gooseneck to gooseneck!

Maybe I should make sure it still runs? I haven't started it in a year.

I'm here huckleberry.... Although the klogger does not have a gooseneck????

RCcola55
02-14-2008, 03:58 PM
well it should

KrazyKarl02
02-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Good point.

I like Coco Loco

Doug Krebs
02-14-2008, 04:30 PM
back in the day doug and the guy with the dodge, whose name i can't remember, hooked their diesels up gooseneck to gooseneck on the side of hwy 6 by some creek. They both proceeded to blow smoke and both sink. Cops came, etc... fun times.

Cajun
02-14-2008, 05:20 PM
back in the day doug and the guy with the dodge, whose name i can't remember, hooked their diesels up gooseneck to gooseneck on the side of hwy 6 by some creek. They both proceeded to blow smoke and both sink. Cops came, etc... fun times.

Van Baker. As I remember, alcohol may have been a contributing factor. :flipoff2:

StevenAg03
02-14-2008, 05:30 PM
Van Baker. As I remember, alcohol may have been a contributing factor. :flipoff2:

may??? :confused2

:gigem:

jerryg79
02-14-2008, 08:41 PM
i was there, the real question is.....

was alex estep?!?

Doug Krebs
02-14-2008, 08:47 PM
I took the transfer case and adapter off tonight. The 208 has those gay torque rods that mount up to one of the bell hosing bolts. When the adapter broke it pulled the head off that bell housing bolt.

Now the question is should I over come laziness and pull the tranny out to get the broken bolt out.

robertf03
02-14-2008, 09:10 PM
do you have to? walk a few blocks over and ask whoever is roaming the streets how they would do it.

KrazyKarl02
02-14-2008, 09:28 PM
I took the transfer case and adapter off tonight. The 208 has those gay torque rods that mount up to one of the bell hosing bolts. When the adapter broke it pulled the head off that bell housing bolt.

Now the question is should I over come laziness and pull the tranny out to get the broken bolt out.

DOUG!!! WWKD??? What Would Karl Do?

If it requires more than a Karl (Crescent) Wrench, I wouldn't do it!

redcagepatrol
02-14-2008, 09:34 PM
DOUG!!! WWKD??? What Would Karl Do?

If it requires more than a Karl (Crescent) Wrench, I wouldn't do it!

I agree - it's the Blazer right? Why fix it correctly, just 'rig it and get it going like your insides are telling you to do:D

mudtoy67
02-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Take it apart more, sell some of the parts, then take it the rest of the way apart. Works for me...-pimp-

Doug Krebs
02-25-2008, 11:34 PM
Alright, I changed the oil and made sure it still ran this afternoon.

I've got thursday night after 9, and friday afternoon/night to hopefully get it done.

We'll see what happens.

DRAGOONRANCH
02-25-2008, 11:40 PM
U keen do eet!!!

Doug Krebs
02-26-2008, 12:04 AM
U keen do eet!!!

The windshield needs to be washed too. Maybe I should take the bread out of the back from Clayton 06. It must have some awesome preservatives in it, as I can't see mold on it through the back window. We'll have to see what it looks like under closer inspection.

RCcola55
02-26-2008, 12:49 AM
pics!

DRAGOONRANCH
02-26-2008, 03:37 AM
leave it on your mailbox, I bet the 'neighbors' down the way will take it.

JeepPhisherman
02-26-2008, 07:53 AM
leave it on your mailbox, I bet the 'neighbors' down the way will take it.

What, give away perfectly good stale bread?!?! You must be ****ing crazy!

DRAGOONRANCH
02-26-2008, 08:39 AM
I bet a dollar to a donut it is way past stale. ;)

Doug Krebs
03-06-2008, 02:51 PM
It's very apparent how much the t-case hangs down with the new crossmember. I actually scraped mud with it when I was in that pit. I wonder if it would fit between the frame rails if I clocked it. I'm not sure if the the front shaft could handle the angle though.

Edit: Disregard, that would be way too much trouble. If chevy would have made the bolt circle equally spaced it would be easy.

Sharpe
03-06-2008, 03:03 PM
You have the later model round face adapter right? If such is the case, drill and re-tap the face of the case. I have the same version and from what I've found, thats the only way to do it. I've seen a few people cut, rotate and re-weld the adapter but that seems kinda janky. Great lakes offroad used to make a clocking ring for that specific 205 but I cant seem to find it on their site. I heard alot of reports of them being warped and leaking though, but you could just knock it flat with a mill easy enough.

davido
03-06-2008, 03:37 PM
I would think that with the skillz and equipment access that you have, you would be starting a side business selling clocking adapters on the university/company dime. :)

Doug Krebs
03-06-2008, 04:05 PM
You have the later model round face adapter right? If such is the case, drill and re-tap the face of the case. I have the same version and from what I've found, thats the only way to do it. I've seen a few people cut, rotate and re-weld the adapter but that seems kinda janky. Great lakes offroad used to make a clocking ring for that specific 205 but I cant seem to find it on their site. I heard alot of reports of them being warped and leaking though, but you could just knock it flat with a mill easy enough.

I'll have to look at the face again, but I thought there were only certain places where it had flats. It also has to be tapped, not that it's hard to do.

DRAGOONRANCH
03-07-2008, 02:47 AM
I would think that with the skillz and equipment access that you have, you would be starting a side business selling clocking adapters on the university/company dime. :)

Who needs hard work, when you have other peoples money and equipment. :gigem:

DRAGOONRANCH
10-16-2008, 12:12 AM

Ass!

Here, even posted your reply for you again!!!

Now bookmark/favorites that biatch! :D

Doug Krebs
10-16-2008, 12:22 AM
Ass!

DRAGOONRANCH
10-16-2008, 12:33 AM
:gigem:

For your searches in the future: (Dougy Poo, look up a post or two, it's there, the holy grail of 465/205 adapters :gigem:)

465, adapter, pirate, pbb, ed, sharpe, dragoonranch, pigpen, 32 spline, ass, PM, doubler, corn, blazer, 'aw ****, I forgot again'...

:flipoff3:

Doug Krebs
10-16-2008, 12:36 AM
Yeah, yeah, I was just trying to see if they machined the lips for the bearings on the adapter... and they did.

DRAGOONRANCH
10-16-2008, 12:42 AM
So do I need to plan on hauling this some***** to clayton. ;)

Doug Krebs
10-16-2008, 01:50 PM
So do I need to plan on hauling this some***** to clayton. ;)

Ha! no

DRAGOONRANCH
10-16-2008, 11:41 PM
:(, where's flem gonna sleep it off on the trail then???

robertf03
10-16-2008, 11:49 PM
in a leather drivers seat with dual climate control

Sharpe
10-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Just because your truck originally came with an option doesnt mean it still works.

robertf03
10-17-2008, 12:04 AM
ass, thats the only thing that still works

Doug Krebs
12-16-2008, 11:26 PM
Did some last minute upgrades before the blazers demise.:flipoff2:

DRAGOONRANCH
12-16-2008, 11:28 PM
:laughing:

KrazyKarl02
12-16-2008, 11:28 PM
I love the black light, I want install pic's

Doug Krebs
12-16-2008, 11:36 PM
I love the black light, I want install pic's

It's blue neon *****!

davido
12-16-2008, 11:38 PM
Just wheel it already. Someone will trailer it there for you. Not me, but someone. :flipoff2:

DRAGOONRANCH
12-16-2008, 11:47 PM
Zing!

I got dibs on the lights when you part them out. ;)

Doug Krebs
12-17-2008, 12:01 AM
Just wheel it already. Someone will trailer it there for you. Not me, but someone. :flipoff2:

Someday soon, but not in this state. It will be reincarnated. :gigem:

Reckless
12-17-2008, 12:11 AM
Zing??

mudtoy67
12-17-2008, 12:42 AM
Imaginary buggy comes to life...this is gonna get interesting!:gigem:

Dear Doug;

You are an asshole...

But you've got style :flipoff3:

The utmost sincerity,
Hummer boy

Flattery will get you everywhere with Doug.:D

jerryg79
12-17-2008, 07:47 AM
Someday soon, but not in this state. It will be reincarnated. :gigem:

I'll buy the neons off you for $.50 so you can pay karl:flipoff2:

Doug Krebs
12-17-2008, 09:04 AM
I'll buy the neons off you for $.50 so you can pay karl:flipoff2:

By soon, I mean next year:flipoff2: Progress will be slow, but hopefully steady.

This is not the imaginary buggy. I don't have the time or money for that.

jerryg79
12-17-2008, 09:12 AM
Dear Doug;

You are an asshole...

But you've got style :flipoff3:

The utmost sincerity,
Hummer boy

How is doug an asshole? We can smell our own, and doug smells more like a goofy attention-starved bastard than an asshole. He also smells of lilac and...oh god i've got a NRB.

Seth
12-17-2008, 09:21 AM
Speaking of Doug, The onyl reason I wish he wasnt the unofficial historian/photographer is bc when he gets in front of the camera you get classics like him chuggin the mayo. Gold I tell you!

jerryg79
12-17-2008, 09:22 AM
Speaking of Doug, The onyl reason I wish he wasnt the unofficial historian/photographer is bc when he gets in front of the camera you get classics like him chuggin the mayo. Gold I tell you!

i bet i have the same picture from 7th grade in the scouts.:D

Doug Krebs
12-17-2008, 09:39 AM
i bet i have the same picture from 7th grade in the scouts.:D

Don't tell them about what we did in the tent! That was private.

davido
12-17-2008, 09:59 AM
did you sell it?

BMFScout
12-29-2008, 01:35 PM
It's blue neon *****!

those are supposed to go on my boat dammit!!

jerryg79
01-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Ironically while karl was acquiring a new American-made suv, another one was dying this weekend.

Krebs began blazer/truggy wetdream V 2.3 this weekend. The first step of course being the demise of he blazer in its current form.

Not much got done other than removal of the doors, hood and some crap doug wanted off of it. I'm guessing its not long for this world though....

Some pics. (sorry crappy camera phone)

"HI!"....or bye:(

jerryg79
01-04-2009, 09:36 PM
beer + tactical machete + large man = awesomeness

jerryg79
01-04-2009, 09:39 PM
beer + air chisel = obligatory penis in sheetmetal

jerryg79
01-04-2009, 09:41 PM
beer + crane = after school special waiting to happen

jerryg79
01-04-2009, 09:44 PM
and of course afterward we told stories of the passing of our old friend over some beers at the chicken....

can someone lighten this up for me, my phone gots no flash.

redcagepatrol
01-04-2009, 10:46 PM
I think Jimmy wrote that up there at the "Decade...." party. Looks like ya'll are having fun, whos' shop?

Doug Krebs
01-04-2009, 11:37 PM
I finished off the blazer today... The body now lies on a trailer and awaiting the scrap yard. I took a bunch of pics today. I'll post up tomorrow or when I get time.

The shop is my buddies "hot rod" shop down the street. Pretty big and the one section has an overhead crane, which makes removing blazer bodies easy.

DRAGOONRANCH
01-05-2009, 12:29 AM
I may not have been around since the beginning of the club, but I can say that I have seen and rode in the blazer while it was actually wheeling!!! I hate to see that body go, but I can't wait to see what you have in store for it (I just hope my sanity and eye sight can hold out that long ;) ).

:flipoff3:

jerryg79
01-05-2009, 11:20 AM
I think Jimmy wrote that up there at the "Decade...." party. Looks like ya'll are having fun, whos' shop?

thanks scott, i was wondering how it got there....and who forged my signature?!?:flipoff2:

BMFScout
01-05-2009, 12:07 PM
I didn't write that one, mine says "Busa Eats It" in the bathroom.

BMFScout
01-05-2009, 03:03 PM
best I could do.

bcolman
01-05-2009, 07:38 PM
do you still have the dash pad? what about the guage cluster?

davido
01-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Do you have the hood?

Seth
01-05-2009, 09:36 PM
would make a great tow behind for a 4wheeler etc!

DRAGOONRANCH
01-05-2009, 11:12 PM
do you still have the dash pad?

wanna know how I know you're gay???

Doug Krebs
01-06-2009, 09:21 AM
yes to all of the above

Doug Krebs
01-06-2009, 10:42 AM
After yesterdays frame decision, I finished taking everything apart. Took the entire drive train out and springs. Only the bare frame remains...

Doug Krebs
01-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Ryan, if you want any body pieces you better let me know quick. It's going to the scrap yard this afternoon. The fenders are off it if you want. I'm also going to take the tailgate off.

jerryg79
01-06-2009, 11:25 AM
Ryan, if you want any body pieces you better let me know quick. It's going to the scrap yard this afternoon. The fenders are off it if you want. I'm also going to take the tailgate off.

pictures of the grapple crushing it!

Doug Krebs
01-06-2009, 04:24 PM
where can i pick em up? 713 470 7658

Bryan Iron and Metal

jerryg79
01-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Bryan Iron and Metal

did you get jones's stainless!?!:gigem:

Doug Krebs
01-06-2009, 05:08 PM
RIP old friend:(

Doug Krebs
01-06-2009, 05:11 PM

Doug Krebs
01-06-2009, 05:13 PM
:flipoff2::flipoff2:

Doug Krebs
01-06-2009, 05:13 PM
uno mas

Fredo
01-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Brutal. So long electrical gremlin!

jerryg79
01-06-2009, 05:31 PM
sweet!

how will we be the icy hot stuntaz without BLAZE!?!

bcolman
01-06-2009, 08:48 PM
do you have the dash pad at your house or is it at the shop you have been doing all of this at?

Seth
01-06-2009, 09:04 PM
where are you working on this thing at?

Graystroke
01-06-2009, 10:00 PM
this is quickly turning into a tate build-up...it's gonna be awsome! who's trailor?

bburris
01-07-2009, 12:02 AM
They misspelled the name on the back of that grapple.

Doug Krebs
01-07-2009, 09:26 AM
this is quickly turning into a tate build-up...it's gonna be awsome! who's trailor?

too bad it's not a grayson buildup. Then it would be awesome!:flipoff2:

The trailer sold an hour after the body came off it. It was my neighbors, same guy with the shop.

Doug Krebs
01-07-2009, 09:30 AM
where are you working on this thing at?

My neighbors shop in bryan.

Anyone want to take guesses on the weight? I was 10 pounds off.

Here's what was left.

The body as you see it minus rockers, but with 3/16ths 2x4 box for the rockers.
1 panini maker, hacked with machete.
1 inner fender, two outer fenders.
No interior or carpet.

J Cooper
01-07-2009, 09:54 AM
that is awesome!!

did you cry just a little bit?

i guess 900 lbs

Doug Krebs
01-07-2009, 10:24 AM
that is awesome!!

did you cry just a little bit?

Just a few drops. I know I've lived here too long when I can request that the claw be used instead of the fork lift.

When I got home Blair asked if I had taken pictures in front of it before I started all of this. I was like, "Thanks, now you tell me":mad:

BMFScout
01-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Post 'em if you've got 'em, RIP Blazer...

mudtoy67
01-07-2009, 02:34 PM
http://tamor.us/members-rigs/albums/album63/krebsair.jpg

Fredo
01-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Las Cruces, 2003

Note: In this picture you can see two scrapped Tamor rigs.

J Cooper
01-07-2009, 02:53 PM
old flyer

jerryg79
01-07-2009, 03:07 PM
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff165/jerryg79/TAMOR%2010%20Year%20Anniv/030108037.jpg
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff165/jerryg79/TAMOR%2010%20Year%20Anniv/030108063.jpg
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff165/jerryg79/TAMOR%2010%20Year%20Anniv/030108061.jpg

jerryg79
01-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Putting lift on blazer, doug has high lift handle on ratchet while standing in the fenderwell, bolt breaks loose and doug hits head on inside of fenderwell while highlift handle hits him in chin....

Doug: "Do I need stitches?"
Me: "Uh..oh no no, no way"
Later nurse lady we know "Oh holy crap you shoulda got stitches!"

Other good times:

"That's not undercoating, that's NIG"

The bumper ripping off
The tire carrier falling off
The top jumping off

Doug proclaiming he could do all of 242 in 2 wheel-drive and then promptly getting stuck in the sand.

Riding around all over livingston that 4th of July weekend

Winching out trees at ron's lakehouse

Getting stuck across the street from the kreboperty and having to call a tow truck

BMFScout
01-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Getting stuck across the street from the kreboperty and having to call a tow truck

which was also their property...

Fredo
01-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Towing Tate's broken pile of phuck out of the depths of hell in Las Cruces.

Seth
01-07-2009, 04:20 PM
I thought that tates bronco was still in one piece, just ridiculously stalled.

J Cooper
01-09-2009, 01:13 PM
and of course afterward we told stories of the passing of our old friend over some beers at the chicken....

can someone lighten this up for me, my phone gots no flash.

found this on my computer

jerryg79
01-09-2009, 03:14 PM
schweet!

DOUG KREBS <----likes penis:gigem:

Shaggy
03-05-2009, 01:49 PM

ouch

uglyota
03-05-2009, 01:52 PM
somebody's searching their name!

Shaggy
03-05-2009, 02:40 PM
no i hit new posts and happened to read this thread

uglyota
03-05-2009, 02:55 PM
so how much did the body weigh? 450?