PDA

View Full Version : Household Hazardous Waste Collection Saturday

uglyota
10-18-2005, 12:15 PM
got a can of chem-dip or old gas that you're not quite sure how to get rid of?
take it to the Brazos Center on Briarcrest Saturday from 9 to 4.
no charge, and this only happens twice a year

Solvents, pesticides, caustic cleaners, used oil and batteries are examples of the different types of household hazardous waste that will be accepted.

BVSWMA will also sponsor a Computer Recycling collection program at the same time. Residents may bring computers, monitors, and keyboards to this event. Only two (2) computer systems per resident will be accepted.

if you have stuff to take but can't make it, give me a call and I'll haul it down there for you.

BMFScout
10-18-2005, 12:16 PM
...or dump it in the carwash, right Flem & Wolverton?

Shaggy
10-18-2005, 12:40 PM
i have some stuff that need to go

StevenAg03
10-18-2005, 12:51 PM
...or dump it in the carwash, right Flem & Wolverton?

i dont remember dumping anything....i have vauge memories of someone being under my truck at a carwash but dont remember who or why they were under there....any ideas jimmy?

BMFScout
10-18-2005, 01:05 PM
No, flem told me you guys dumped crap, that was the story. What was your story?

StevenAg03
10-18-2005, 02:48 PM
i dont remember what happened...i remember it being the car wash over by CJ's liquor store. other then that i have no idea... :confused:

EDIT: i know that if you put a bunch of oil in the back of a black 96 f250 4x4, lifted a bit with 35" BFG AT's, and no tailgate, there is a high likelyhood that it will fly out somewhere between your house and the parts store. although im pretty sure that putting oil in the back of any truck without a tailgate will achieve the same results. if you have any questions about specifics, im sure flem can help you out.

uglyota
10-18-2005, 11:19 PM
also, if you continually empty your drain pans into 5 gallon buckets and leave them in your garage, Eric will eventually come over and decide that it all needs to be recycled, applying a friction-free coating to his truck bed in the process

Doug Krebs
10-18-2005, 11:24 PM
thanks for reminding me... I've got a couple gallons of paint that the old home owner left here. I've also got 2-3 gallons of unknown flammable substance.

I was planning on getting the blazer on saturday though, maybe i'll get blair to bring them. She'll like that!

stx4wheeler
10-18-2005, 11:37 PM
hmmm coop maybe we should take advantage of this...

agjohn02
10-19-2005, 02:13 AM
also, if you continually empty your drain pans into 5 gallon buckets and leave them in your garage, Eric will eventually come over and decide that it all needs to be recycled, applying a friction-free coating to his truck bed in the process

hey eric, you should stop by sometime.

StevenAg03
10-19-2005, 07:10 AM
I've also got 2-3 gallons of unknown flammable substance.

how do you know its flammable if you dont know what it is? :confused:

Doug Krebs
10-19-2005, 08:15 AM
it came out of gas containers, kinda looks and smells like gas, and you can see the fumes evaporating off it.

jerryg79
10-19-2005, 08:16 AM
Make Tyson drink some, I've heard dogs dont like gas.

uglyota
10-19-2005, 11:21 AM
dude at the price of fuel these days that's like throwing away money...put it in the blazer! Oh wait is that why the bike's running crappy? :D