PDA

View Full Version : winch cables

CRaSHnBuRN
10-26-2005, 11:29 AM
all winch cables should be the same, other than their lengths and diameters right? I need to replace the bad cable on my warn M8000, but warn wants almost the same as switching over to winch rope would cost me. But while checking on winch rope prices yesterday I found a place with milemarker cables for pretty cheap (under 50 bucks). There shouldn't be a reason I cant use this, right? I mean its a cable, the only difference I could see would be the little tab at the end you use to attach it to the winch drum. Yet warn want nearly 3 times that amount for thier stuff

bburris
10-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Have you looked around on Pirate to see what winch rope is going for? RockStomper and PolyPeformance and all those places sell it for a whole lot less than Warn would charge...

Tx4wd_dodge
10-26-2005, 02:38 PM
winch cables are stonger and you can get it at Tractor Supply . The rope well give out afther so many uses just my 2 cents.

CRaSHnBuRN
10-26-2005, 02:38 PM
yeah, but its still around 150 for the rope, and 40-50 for the aluminuim hawse. one place has the milemarker cable for under 50 dollars

Doug Krebs
10-26-2005, 05:17 PM
find someone on pirate that bought a brand new winch and switched it over to rope... i bet you could get a decent deal