PDA

View Full Version : On our next Gilmer Trip....

davido
09-20-2002, 10:54 AM
If we're going to go for a weekend and camp and chit, do we want to invite the Texas A&M Motocross group to come along? We'd both go our separate ways during the day, but it would be some new folks around the campfire at night. Just a thought.

MEOW!

Fredo
09-20-2002, 11:36 AM
never thought about it, but it sounds like a good idea.

bburris
09-21-2002, 02:38 PM
sounds good, logically, they would be into the same issues we are about 'froading

AgDieseler
09-22-2002, 10:29 AM
Sound like a good idea, but David, you'll have to tone down the mullet comments.;)

Rex
09-22-2002, 01:25 PM
Do they actually want to go to Gilmer? Last time I went and rode dirt bikes up there it wasn't much fun. Big rocks are good for 4x4's, but it kind of sucks on a dirt bike. But if they want to come, I guess they might find some trails that are a little less rocky.

bburris
09-22-2002, 07:23 PM
Shiloh Ridge might be a more entertaining place to join up with the MotoCross guys...

just a thought

davido
09-22-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Rex
Do they actually want to go to Gilmer? Last time I went and rode dirt bikes up there it wasn't much fun. Big rocks are good for 4x4's, but it kind of sucks on a dirt bike. But if they want to come, I guess they might find some trails that are a little less rocky.

That's not what I hear from other dirt bike guys. TCCRA has had several hundred riders out there for their event with a ton of great feedback. I don't remember exactly, but I want to say 500+ people attended. They're planning on having more events this year. I don't know them, but maybe you'll recognize the orgs that are having them. MOOSE and WORCS (I've never hearf of them, but I don't ride either) are working on events up there.

Anyway, I'm only going from what I've heard from other riders. You're the first one that I've ever heard of that doesn't think much of the trails. I would think they would be interested, but I guess it might depend on what kind of riding they like to do. Kind of like the difference between mud racing and rock crawling.

Shiloh is also a good place for mixed activity, but it doesn't seem nearly as big. BMRA also has ATV events. There's one coming up soon actually. Probably not a good weekend for us to be up there. They're expecting over 200 ATV riders in the "round-up".

~dso