PDA

View Full Version : Body Lift Q&A

LilToy
09-23-2002, 01:01 PM
So 4wheel parts says that they do not recommend a body lift with a suspension lift installed. I already am lifted 4" and i want the 2 body for tire clearance. So what the dilly-yo?

Chris

JB
09-23-2002, 01:11 PM
I believe that there body lift supplier, probably Performance Accesories, said that for insurance or legal reasons they can't do body lifts on top of suspension kits. They will sell you the kit, just will not install it for you.

BigRedFord04
09-23-2002, 03:05 PM
What he said. Someone's just covering their ass.

I've got 3" Body X" Suspension...no real probs except the 3" body now makes it where i cant fit in any garage on campus.

Seth
09-23-2002, 03:50 PM
i have got the same thing -- just go ahead and do it. well that is if you want a body lift do it.

bburris
09-23-2002, 08:09 PM
I think most everyone in this club with a lift also has a body lift of some sort...from home-brew to pretty little extended poly bushing ones.

StevenAg03
09-24-2002, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by LilToy
So 4wheel parts says that they do not recommend a body lift with a suspension lift installed. I already am lifted 4" and i want the 2 body for tire clearance. So what the dilly-yo?

Chris

awww thats HORSE HOCKY.....i got my 6" suspension and 3" body put on no problem....every frat boy runnin round in a z71 decked out with the 38" mickys and 4Wheelparts sticker has a body lift and suspension lift...they just dont wanna put it on for you....besides they give you plenty of warning that lifts change your COG to cover their ass...i think someone is "JERKIN YOUR GERKIN"....

bigFAWKINranger
09-24-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by StevenAg03

awww thats HORSE HOCKY.....i got my 6" suspension and 3" body put on no problem....every frat boy runnin round in a z71 decked out with the 38" mickys and 4Wheelparts sticker has a body lift and suspension lift...they just dont wanna put it on for you....besides they give you plenty of warning that lifts change your COG to cover their ass...i think someone is "JERKIN YOUR GERKIN"....

i'm with steve, the guys at 4WPW are jackasses.... buy the lift and install it yourself... its FAWKIN easy. we did ranger, and i did dan reed's dodge.

LilToy
09-24-2002, 06:28 PM
Yeah thats what i plan to do, i have a 60" high-lift so i am good. I would hate to degrade myself and let someone else install the body lift. I would feel less of a man...

Seth
09-24-2002, 07:30 PM
the sad part is when people spend almost as much or just as much getting a body lift put on as they could a susp lift.....on a different note, i am pretty sure my buddy with the scout is coming with me to the meeting tomorrow.
out.

StevenAg03
09-24-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by bigFAWKINranger

its FAWKIN easy. we did ranger, and i did dan reed's dodge.

yeah....i dont think i would be tellin anyone bout the ranger body lift experience

BMFScout
09-24-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by StevenAg03

yeah....i dont think i would be tellin anyone bout the ranger body lift experience

All I know is that after it was done, someone had the munchies, and it wasn't any of us guys...