PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Clayton Shakedown at 47? Dec 10th.

davido
12-05-2005, 02:12 AM
How about a quick outing Saturday morning to test our new goodies?

Sharpe
12-05-2005, 02:24 AM
I'm in.

Shaggy
12-05-2005, 08:38 AM
I'm in.

isnt your engine still in your garage?

8Runner
12-05-2005, 02:51 PM
I would like to make a short run out there this weekend - depends on how quick Brandon and I get the new crossmember done.

william_ace
12-05-2005, 03:00 PM
betcha $100 he has everything running by then

Shaggy
12-05-2005, 04:04 PM
i spent almost 700$ yesterday i cant be making any bets... but i say if it gets there it wont be running well

agjohn02
12-05-2005, 05:59 PM
im there

RCcola55
12-05-2005, 08:03 PM
even though im not going to clayton ill be there

stx4wheeler
12-05-2005, 09:48 PM
why you pussing out ryan

Sharpe
12-05-2005, 10:32 PM
i spent almost 700$ yesterday i cant be making any bets... but i say if it gets there it wont be running well
Define running well :flipoff2:

sasquatch
12-05-2005, 11:09 PM
I may come out there too. Depends on how much studying i get done

Doug Krebs
12-05-2005, 11:19 PM
could we do this maybe sunday instead? Saturday would be impossible, sunday maybe still pushing it! I'd really like to make sure everything is working before clayton!

CheapJeep
12-05-2005, 11:33 PM
I guess I should take my crap out there.... :rolleyes: :laughing: supposed to be ready thursday so maybe I could pick it up friday after finals?

8Runner
12-06-2005, 08:51 AM
could we do this maybe sunday instead? Saturday would be impossible, sunday maybe still pushing it! I'd really like to make sure everything is working before clayton!

I am more likely to be able to make it Sunday as well. We may have enough that we can do both days. Has anyone talked to Steve O yet about unlocking the gate?

RCcola55
12-06-2005, 10:53 AM
why you pussing out ryan

No way to get the bronco to clayton, so i figured ide just go home and make some money and spend that time putting the cage and rear end

J Cooper
12-06-2005, 07:34 PM
Has anyone talked to Steve O yet about unlocking the gate?

no you havent decided on a definite time and date yet

davido
12-06-2005, 08:28 PM
Sunday is cool with me too. Morning is best because if I have to fix anything, I'll be quickly running out of time.

8Runner
12-06-2005, 08:45 PM
Lets do early- mid afternoon Sunday then.

DRaf
12-07-2005, 10:48 PM
I Really wanna go ... i'm not sure if sunday will work for me, but hey it's whatever works for everyone else... I'm in if it's Saterday, or possibly before 2 on Sunday

8Runner
12-09-2005, 05:18 PM
Ok, so we need a consensus on time so Coop (or somebody) can let Steve O know what is up. My vote is 2, but we could go out in 2 small groups or something if you need to go earlier.

Stone150
12-09-2005, 09:05 PM
yeah i would like to go

JeepPhisherman
12-10-2005, 12:01 PM
everyone's going sunday so you can go to the basketball game for an hour today

J Cooper
12-10-2005, 02:10 PM
need a time guys so i can tell them

Doug Krebs
12-10-2005, 03:48 PM
2:00 would be good with me if I can make it. It gives me alot of time to work on it tommorow too.

J Cooper
12-10-2005, 06:13 PM
i called and left him a message, ill let you know if he calls back

8Runner
12-10-2005, 09:44 PM
i called and left him a message, ill let you know if he calls back

Are you just letting him know today that we are interested in coming out tomorrow? That's a little late of notice - even if we didn't know the time.

Anyway, I may not be able to make it, at least until later in the day. We didn't get finished with the tranny mounts today, and can't start tomorrow until noon.

Shaggy
12-11-2005, 12:07 AM
some LHOR guys were supposed to be out there this weekend... dunno if it was just today or both today and tomorrow

Shaggy
12-11-2005, 12:11 AM
ok i read more... they were here all day and will be here all day tomorrow

Shaggy
12-11-2005, 12:13 AM
they have 25 rigs coming

J Cooper
12-11-2005, 12:43 AM
Are you just letting him know today that we are interested in coming out tomorrow? That's a little late of notice

hey i cant do everything ...

i didnt get a definite answer till this morning

steve 979-846-1592

im doing a million other ****ing things trying to get us ready for clayton, including talking to FWD-FWD to get access to the places we wanna go, t-shirts, food, fixing my own **** and finals

J Cooper
12-11-2005, 12:44 AM
Anyway, I may not be able to make it, at least until later in the day.

exactly why i didnt call him, last time i called him and said we were coming nobody even went and i wasnt going to call him a million times changing the time..

but like tate said there are people out there so no big deal... but like steve said before he doesnt want people just showing up whenever they please

Doug Krebs
12-11-2005, 12:48 AM
There's a 99% percent chance I won't make it tommorow. Feel free to stop by and help tommorow! Anyone know what time TSC opens up?

CRaSHnBuRN
12-11-2005, 12:54 AM
8 AM normally, but tommorow is sunday, so I don't know if its the same

8Runner
12-11-2005, 01:13 AM
exactly why i didnt call him, last time i called him and said we were coming nobody even went and i wasnt going to call him a million times changing the time..

but like tate said there are people out there so no big deal... but like steve said before he doesnt want people just showing up whenever they please

I understand, butperhaps we should have let him know we were interested & would get back to him with times & numbers. Hear is Steve O's mobile :(979) 226-1189

J Cooper
12-11-2005, 01:54 AM
like i said i have more important **** to do than hold hands and play phone tag all week... im sorry but you now have both his numbers so if anyone is going to go give him a call

agjohn02
12-11-2005, 02:17 AM
so's it awn or not? 2pm? are we meeting at mcd's again? someone give me a call and let me know when it gets finalized so i dont have to come to work to check the boards again. thanks.

JB
12-11-2005, 02:33 AM
i cant come, but i think LHOR was either there today or is coming tomorrow. DUnno, I saw a LHOR wagoneer on a trailer near northgate last night

Sharpe
12-11-2005, 11:56 AM
So is this going down today? If it doesnt, can we go tomorow or tuesday? I dont think I'll be ready in time today so later would be better.

davido
12-11-2005, 01:51 PM
It's off for today because nobody gave them a heads up. For future notice, they want at least a couple of days notice before we head out there.

J Cooper
12-11-2005, 02:06 PM
It's off for today because nobody gave them a heads up. For future notice, they want at least a couple of days notice before we head out there.

EDIT: cooper is a stressed out ******* :(

agjohn02
12-11-2005, 08:34 PM
weak

J Cooper
12-11-2005, 08:36 PM
me??

davido
12-11-2005, 10:15 PM
C'mon Coop, really. It was pretty clear that at least I was planning on a Sunday trip since 12/6. You could have made the call but you clearly stated in this post that you weren't going to do it. I didn't have a problem with that at all. But now you post up that crap in #40? I'm not sure what's worse, your post or the conversation I had with Jason earlier today.

Jason has been following this thread enough to PM me about coming out yesterday instead (which my rig wasn't yet ready for), but yet said nothing about us needing to firm up plans for today. So when I finally get a hold of him by phone, he says that it's too late notice for today. That Steve was pissed at reading your thread (which I don't see why) and that they weren't going to just make themselves available for us at any time.

I hope Steve gets around to reading this post also. I haven't been that involved with going out there and I've never been the one to make any arrangements, but it doesn't seem that complicated. From here on out I'll assume that we need to give at least 48 hours notice before going out there. I would also expect that if we do this we will be given the same courtesy by being treated more like a client and less like someone that is burdening the operation out there.

It seems like every time I talk to Jason himself, he's pretty much willing to go whenever we want. Then crap like this comes up. all of a sudden it's like pulling teeth to wheel out there and I can't for the life of me figure out why it's so complicated all of a sudden. So Steve, if you read this, please let us know what the rules are for scheduling something out there.

When can we schedule an outing?
When can't we schedule an outing?
How far in advance so we need to schedule an outting?
Who do we need to contact to schedule an outing?
What email addresses or phone numbers can we use to contact said person?
How much is it for club members to come out to the property?*
How much is it for others to come out to the property?
Who can come out to the property?
Who is not allowed at the property?
What do we need in the way of a guide once we're on the property?
What else do you need from our end, short term or long?

* - The reason I ask this is because I heard something about the club getting money back from our attendance. I'm not sure how that's tracked or why. If it would be easier, we could just provide a member list twice a year to indicate who is a member. That way, it would be $ off on the front-end without any tracking.

I think that's about it. I would like to solidify the lines of communication to avoid any drama in the future. This is supposed to be fun for all involved. I like the idea of wheeling locally, but if I/we are not wanted out there, then someone please let me know and I will make other plans.

If someone would like to contact me directly regarding this, you can reach me at davido at highlift dot com.

Regards.

J Cooper
12-12-2005, 12:44 AM
your right i should stop studying and not be worrying about contacting all the people in clayton to make sure we have access to lands on our real trip, or be trying to get t-shirts and food for the trip so that 4 or 5 people can go out to 47 for a couple hours.

and your right me asking why a statement like "weak" is suppost to mean is completely wrong and uncalled for.

give me a break, i dont understand why everything has to be on me or my fault if something doesnt happen... i believe im going way beyond my call of duty with all the **** i have to do. this seems like a PR thing, from now on Brandon can handle scheduling with 47. cause i dont have the time to mess with it.

yes i didnt call, im sorry. we have established that i did not call in time in time... but the last time i talked to jason he pretty much said just let steve know like a day ahead of time so he can swing by some time and unlock the gate... guess i was mistaken.... i am sorry

so everyone hate me and say whatever you want... lets here it.

cause man 4-5 people going to 47 is way more important tha that Clayton trip im working on.

by the way a couple of us made $100 for the club yesterday to go towards the clayton trip.

if people want **** done step up.

all i am is a representative of the club, i can not hold everyones hand and do everything for everyone.

....and apparently you talk to both jason and steve and have his cell phone...

why couldnt anybody else call?

J Cooper
12-12-2005, 12:46 AM
When can we schedule an outing?
When can't we schedule an outing?
How far in advance so we need to schedule an outting?
Who do we need to contact to schedule an outing?
What email addresses or phone numbers can we use to contact said person?
How much is it for club members to come out to the property?*
How much is it for others to come out to the property?
Who can come out to the property?
Who is not allowed at the property?
What do we need in the way of a guide once we're on the property?
What else do you need from our end, short term or long?

and thank you david.. this is all stuff i have no clue about either.

i am as in the dark about this place as everyone else is... and all this information would be nice for the future.

davido
12-12-2005, 12:58 AM
Post #40 was what I was refering to. You guys posted twice while I was typing. I don't think you have to do it, but I didn't think #40 was necessary for reasons that I covered. I'm not mad at you Coop, I was just calling BS on that one. You're doing a kick ass job. Keep up the good work and don't forget to designate more and get good grades. :)

CheapJeep
12-12-2005, 01:31 AM
I really don't see how Coop or anyone else who isn't even going out to 47, is responsible for making the phone calls and organizing a small spur of the moment outing for only a few people to "test" their rigs. Whoever is planning on going on the run should be responsible for contacting Steve, not anyone else, and it is wrong for people to think that Steve or Jason is going to be waiting hand and foot just so people can go and wheel on his property. I mean there should be more respect for him than that. The cause of all of this is the people that can't get there **** straight and decide on a time to go, people posting that they want to go one day then deciding it's not going to work for their schedule and trying to change something that's already set (not like this outing was) is just selfish. If you can't make it, then don't go, no one else should have to change their plans just because of one person. Everyone just needs to decide on a time and date, call Steve and ask if we can go out there, then everyone just plan on that. There's just been alot of assuming that we can wheel anytime and that's not the case, there needs to be more respect and scheduling put in place.

JB
12-12-2005, 10:14 AM
I agree with what David said.

uglyota
12-12-2005, 12:15 PM
SSDW
It seems like we go through this everytime somebody tries to go out there and I really cannot understand why
Getting a trip together to go to 47 should not be hard. People don't have a problem agreeing on a time to show up at McDonalds to go to Alto or Gilmer, but somehow it always gets pooched when the place is ten minutes away.
I was even convinced that I was the reason that planning these trips was a ginormous clustering event, but I didn't even have a hand in this one, so that must not be it.
I don't think it's Steve, because in my dealings with him he's been accomodating almost to a fault. Jason as well is ready to go whenever anybody is interested. All I can think is that nobody in the club thinks it's important to set a time and date and stick to it, no matter how much we try to explain that this is important.
Would somebody please change permissions to make sure that Jason can post, at least in the Off-road trips forum, and if Steve is watching the boards now, get him setup so he can post up as well?

J Cooper
12-12-2005, 12:24 PM
i agree with david but eric is right, thats just the way the place is. its not a katemcy rocks... but even with that place its not like we can just plan a trip a week or so ahead of time and then just not show up when we say we are or change our mind. its his private land and if we want to use it in the future we have to follow his rules.... its not like he needs our money.

jason does have access to the boards and steve is more than welcome to if he would like to set up a name.

agjohn02
12-12-2005, 12:57 PM
weak wasnt necessarily directed at you. just a general comment beause the trip ended up not materializing. however, now that you bellyached... :flipoff2:

yes this is true, something i will be discussing at the meeting. from now on we will have exact times of going out there, have a key to get in and locked after we enter. and if it is not designated a work weekend and you dont want to pay you go home.

everybody that goes out there must clear it through me first and i will also need your emergency info before i let you through the gate.

i was informed that some "TCS" members were out there sunday, when our group arrived to work.

if you wish to be a member of the club you need to follow the rules of the club, i dont care if jason or whoever said you could go out there. from now on its going to be different.

J Cooper
12-12-2005, 01:00 PM
***** :flipoff2: all that is still true... except for the key part.. jason had mentioned that but steve never offered... either way we do need to have things planned for 47 just like a normal trip.