PDA

View Full Version : Shafted....

CheapJeep
01-07-2006, 12:48 AM
Well while I was fartin' around today working on shortening the front driveshaft I noticed something odd. I saw a weld on the shortside inner shaft on the 44! I jacked up the front end and turned the wheel so I could get a better look and saw that the yoke had been welded back onto the shaft??? WTF? What to do now...call Mark the guy that I bought the axle's from or just replace the shaft? Where have you found the best deals on spares?

Reckless
01-07-2006, 12:56 AM
find out what he did and id find a new shaft pronto cuz the trail is unforgiving remember what happened at clayton and those were decient shafts

AggieTJ2007
01-07-2006, 12:31 PM
i would call him and ask him about it, maybe its just reinforcement. Other than that I am sure I can find you a spare in a junkyard

Fredo
01-07-2006, 01:44 PM
i would call him and ask him about it, maybe its just reinforcement. Other than that I am sure I can find you a spare in a junkyard

welding reinforcement on a hardened axle? Do you not remember what happened when you welded the **** out of that amc20 shaft of coops?

Doug Krebs
01-08-2006, 12:52 AM
welding reinforcement on a hardened axle? Do you not remember what happened when you welded the **** out of that amc20 shaft of coops?

maybe they annealed it, then reheat treated it and machined it back to spec :flipoff2: