PDA

View Full Version : chem 107 tutor

william_ace
01-09-2006, 01:13 AM
just what the title says. i need a chem 107 tutor to help me keep up to date with the class. will pay somthing reasonable. would like help 1 or 2 times a week and to review before tests. thanks

95discovery
01-09-2006, 01:32 PM
I took that last semester, got a high B. I could probably help you out if you cant find anyone else

agjohn02
01-09-2006, 01:49 PM
i bet jimmy will do it by correspondance :flipoff2:

jerryg79
01-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Toombs comes highly recommended as a tutor from Jimmy! :gigem:

BMFScout
01-09-2006, 02:43 PM
i bet jimmy will do it by correspondance :flipoff2:

"correspondance?" Maybe we'll get you an English tutor b!tch...;)

I say get out of Chem 107 and take Chem 106, that is what my advisor put me in after a couple or three failed attempts at TV107. Larry Brown sucks.
You see Chem 106 is entitled not "Chemistry for Engineers" but "Molecular Science for Citizens." It was basically Chemistry for Elementary Ed Students. Calculators were not allowed on the tests, because they were not needed. It was pretty much current events in Chemistry, it rocked. I think I still got a B in it. :) Toombs was in there with me after he flopped in the draft, but that is a story for another time.

agjohn02
01-09-2006, 03:06 PM
"correspondance?" Maybe we'll get you an English tutor b!tch...;)

you got me there. darn those pesky one letter mis-spellings.

oh yeah... ***** ;)

Sharpe
01-09-2006, 11:22 PM
[QUOTE=BMFScoutI say get out of Chem 107 and take Chem 106, that is what my advisor put me in after a couple or three failed attempts at TV107. Larry Brown sucks. [/QUOTE]
True dat. I bombed 107 the first time around and scraped by with a **** hair above passing the second time around. Thank god I only have to take 1 semester of that ****.

JeepPhisherman
01-10-2006, 02:42 PM
DUMBASS

take the tele-corse and get an A in it, easy **** mang

william_ace
01-17-2006, 06:07 PM
ttt

JeepPhisherman
01-17-2006, 06:09 PM
DUMBASS

william_ace
01-17-2006, 07:40 PM
wow thank you for contributing to my thread garrett. sorry we cant all be as smart as you.....

JeepPhisherman
01-17-2006, 07:51 PM
its chem 107 will
dont watch the tv lectures
dont do the work
read over the book the night before or go to A+
get an A maybe, a B easily

william_ace
01-17-2006, 09:48 PM
im not good at it and i want a tutor

Shaggy
01-17-2006, 09:59 PM
i made a D so eat my ass garrett... the summer class is hard if you dont try hard and are working 40 a week and taking 10 hours

JeepPhisherman
01-17-2006, 10:24 PM
im not good at it and i want a tutor

you ever been to a+?
i went to them for acct and it helped a lot
they'll be cheaper than any personal tutor, and you'll get copies of old test questions to practice with

http://www.aplustutoring.ws/index.asp

Chadnutz
01-17-2006, 10:47 PM
No offense, but if you can't make it in the freshmen classes like Chem 107 you are in for a world of hurt when you get to your engineering classes, and there won't be many people to tutor you in those.

Chem 107 was like high school chem and I didn't even watch a single lecture. I MIGHT have read the book, in fact, I think I did.

Read the book. You got into A&M. You can get through this class on your own.

william_ace
01-18-2006, 12:33 AM
nope never been to a plus. and i've never needed a tutor for anything and i've done fine. I am on academic probation because of one of my materials classes last semester. i want to assure myself that i can get an A because i need at least a B in this class to make good standings with my advisor.

TexTJ209
01-18-2006, 02:03 AM
Dont watch the TV crap, go to A+.

Lynda
01-18-2006, 08:14 AM
Thats a little rude Chadnutz and probably the WORST advice I have ever heard.....I had a tutor for most of my maths and sciences (A+ tutoring and/or personal) and I found it to be the best think I could have done for myself. I definitely credit my grades to having someone there and I wouldn't have done as well without them. Having a tutor doesn't make anyone dumb, it helps focus there attention in areas that are important so you make good grades, thus making you all the 'smarter'.

TexTJ209
01-18-2006, 08:34 PM
No offense, but if you can't make it in the freshmen classes like Chem 107 you are in for a world of hurt when you get to your engineering classes, and there won't be many people to tutor you in those.

Chem 107 was like high school chem and I didn't even watch a single lecture. I MIGHT have read the book, in fact, I think I did.

Doing good in Chem 107 doesn't have much to do with doing good in ENGR classes. I went to A+ for Chem, got a B if I remember right, and never cracked the book. Not that most of whats tested in most of these classes is even IN the book. Just because something worked for you doesn't mean it'll work for others. People learn differently. I go to A+ because Ali teaches you whats important, and he puts it in common terms. Makes it much easier to understand on everyone's part.

eight
01-18-2006, 08:45 PM

this is john, not kopecki

this guys a dumb@$$.

go to A+. it'll get you by. they teach you what you need. i liked taking it on the tv. you can watch the lectures in the library whenever you want right before the test.

you need it, obviously...

i've never needed a tutor for anything and i've done fine. I am on academic probation...

TexTJ209
01-18-2006, 08:47 PM
I always just fast forwarded to the lab part of the video, occasionally they were worth watching.

Jackasic
01-18-2006, 10:11 PM
it just says my major and A&M on my degree, no where does it say whether I had a tutor or not. Learning to dump your ego and doing what is necessary to accomplish the goal is one of the most import lessons of college. It is not just about grades, they are tying to teach you more than just facts. Some people just never get it.

Remember they name buildings after guys who graduate with C's but learned how to work.

JeepPhisherman
01-18-2006, 10:20 PM
this is cute guys
quit with all the gushy women **** talk

will, go to a+
get an a
get off probation
and give me your wheels

uglyota
01-19-2006, 02:41 PM
Thats a little rude Chadnutz and probably the WORST advice I have ever heard.....I had a tutor for most of my maths and sciences (A+ tutoring and/or personal) and I found it to be the best think I could have done for myself. I definitely credit my grades to having someone there and I wouldn't have done as well without them. Having a tutor doesn't make anyone dumb, it helps focus there attention in areas that are important so you make good grades, thus making you all the 'smarter'.
having smart study partners helps too, right? :D

sasquatch
01-19-2006, 03:14 PM
i had brown for 107 and its not that hard of a class. you just have to make yourself watch the videos

JeepPhisherman
01-19-2006, 03:49 PM
the videos are for SUCKAS!

davido
01-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Is 107 like 101 or 102 (but different)? Is Mr. Bill still around?

william_ace
01-19-2006, 05:11 PM
its 101 and 102 in one semester

agjohn02
01-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Is 107 like 101 or 102 (but different)? Is Mr. Bill still around?

i think his coke habit got the best of him. some guy named ali does it now.

BMFScout
01-19-2006, 10:50 PM
i'm telling you, 106 is where it's at...

Here is what I am talking about...
http://www.chem.selu.edu/elbers/106-1-SYLLABUS.html

and yes Chadnutz, I got through this one by myself, I'm as smart as you!! :flipoff2:

TxCruzr
01-20-2006, 01:56 AM
and yes Chadnutz, I got through this one by myself, I'm as smart as you!! :flipoff2:

BURN!!!! :flipoff2:

JeepPhisherman
01-20-2006, 09:36 AM
i think mr. bill teaches at 4.0

Chadnutz
01-20-2006, 01:38 PM

****...I was nice compared to Kopeki! I gave him positive advice. People need to learn how to take care of themselves. If that means paying for tuition and then paying someone else on top of that to teach you, then so bet it. I'd bet that most of the time poor grades come from forgetting what you should have learned in Priorities 101. Put down the wrench and the beer and pick up the book. I chose a million other things than school to do with my time. The big one was working 30-40 hours per week. This is why I dragged it out over four years. I am merely speaking from my own experience. College isn't hard. Making it #1 priority is.

agjohn02
01-20-2006, 01:53 PM
i think mr. bill teaches at 4.0

he went to work for his competition? he used to, or still does, own A+. Arf Carr owns 4.0.

fbronco86
01-20-2006, 01:58 PM
****...I was nice compared to Kopeki! I gave him positive advice. People need to learn how to take care of themselves. If that means paying for tuition and then paying someone else on top of that to teach you, then so bet it. I'd bet that most of the time poor grades come from forgetting what you should have learned in Priorities 101. Put down the wrench and the beer and pick up the book. I chose a million other things than school to do with my time. The big one was working 30-40 hours per week. This is why I dragged it out over four years. I am merely speaking from my own experience. College isn't hard. Making it #1 priority is.

Do you think about anything before you post stupid crap like that. :flipoff2:

First off college was not hard for you cause you are some BS engineering major

Secondly, anyone can make it through college you just have to figure out how much study time you need to put in. For me it was not much but for someone else it might be alot.

Chadnutz
01-20-2006, 03:12 PM
Do you think about anything before you post stupid crap like that. :flipoff2:

First off college was not hard for you cause you are some BS engineering major

Secondly, anyone can make it through college you just have to figure out how much study time you need to put in. For me it was not much but for someone else it might be alot.

And how is that any different than what I said? I was some BS engineering major but I put zero effort into school period. I slept in 80% of my classes (ask anyone that has been in class with me), didn't do any homework and didn't study until the night before or the day of... You can downgrade my degree all you want, but I got THE job I wanted at THE place I wanted so I don't give a ****.

Good day. :flipoff2:

JeepPhisherman
01-20-2006, 03:44 PM
what a bunch of whiney pussies

fbronco86
01-20-2006, 04:47 PM
And how is that any different than what I said? I was some BS engineering major but I put zero effort into school period. I slept in 80% of my classes (ask anyone that has been in class with me), didn't do any homework and didn't study until the night before or the day of... You can downgrade my degree all you want, but I got THE job I wanted at THE place I wanted so I don't give a ****.

Good day. :flipoff2:

If you dont give a **** then shut up about it.

Go back to your cookie cutter (custom) house :flipoff2:

Chadnutz
01-20-2006, 06:04 PM
It's not mine yet....but keep throwing your money away on rent. :flipoff2: