PDA

View Full Version : The Town of Trophy Club has made Texas history.

davido
09-26-2002, 10:31 AM
The Town of Trophy Club has made Texas history.

They will be the first city in the State of Texas to operate an OffRoad Recreation Area.

Trophy Club has been negotiating with the Corps of Engineers to lease Marshall Creek Park, a 877 acre park on Lake Grapevine near Hwys 114 and 377; which, up until now has been operated by the Corps. Monday night, Sept 23, the town council had a special meeting which ended with Trophy Club leasing the park for 6 months starting Oct. 1, 2002.

This new arrangement will bring changes. The most noticable being a gate fee for park use and restricting OffRoad activities to the designated offroad area. The Corps will fence off water front access in the OffRoad Area, move signs, and bring in city water as part of the lease agreement. Texas Motorized Trails Coalition, a nonprofit organization of 3000 members which has been operating an 1800 acre ORA(OffRoad Area) in East Texas, has
offered their knowledge and help in anyway needed. The offroad community in north Texas, which consists of dirt bikes, atvs, and 4x4s,have offered to help Trophy Club with safety and maintenance issues and volunteer labor.

And what better time to start working to make this little known and much used park a better, safer place for our families to enjoy than on NPLD/NOHVAD(National Public Lands Day/ National OHV Appreciation Day). On Sat Sept. 28th at 10:00am bring clippers and be prepared to work the trails instead of just riding them.

For more information contact

Laura White
Texas Motorized Trails Coalition Outreach Director
www.texasmotorizedtrails.com
Texas OffRoad Network Field Staff www.texasoffroad.net
laura@texasoffroad.net
817-444-4885 hm
817-220-5370 wk

BMFScout
09-26-2002, 12:44 PM
anyone ever heard of this area?? I am down, close to BMFHQ :)

BigRedFord04
09-26-2002, 02:41 PM
Its really close to where I stayed this summer in Colleyville. There were always Gay71 driving pretty boys coming into my O'Reillys looking for chrome stuff or light bulbs who said "thats the place to go" in the area. Lots of mud, especially after rain.

Seth
09-26-2002, 03:27 PM
I have been out to Marshall Creek on more than one occasion. It was some kind of a park. It is on the northend of grapevine lake, was out SH 114 near roanoke. The parts that i saw were not really extreme wheeling. There were alot of ATV/bike trails, some that we made wide enough for our fullsize trucks ***. It had some decent beach front which was the coolest part. You could pull your jet ski and drop it in off the beach, then back the truck in the water, nice shallow water way out with good bottom, then after you got drun... i mean bored enough you could screw around in the sand doing donuts or burying tires in 2wd power braking....i mean no i never did that. Anyways, there might be some areas up in the woods that might have some cool stuff, im not really sure. There will definitely be mud out there. Austin is right there are alot af fags out there. I pulled alot of people out of stupid mud, and since i never charge anyone, i was forced to take cold beer as payment...what can i say. The lone star land cruiser guys were out there one day when we went. It will be interesting to see what they clear out and what not. I guess if anyone wants to know anything ask and I might know. out.
Seth