PDA

View Full Version : ugly truck

uglyota
02-27-2006, 05:47 AM
4 grand obo?
In addition to how it sits right now (new front housing and knuckles, longfields, lockrite, vented rotors and all) you get my other uncompleted projects:
the bent tubing, diamond plate, lights, etc to build a rear cage and I'll show you what I had in mind for it. may need another half a stick or so to finish it out
square tube rocksliders (not your garden variety though...) about 75% fabbed...rear cage is intended to tie into them
mostly fabbed rear bumper/replacement crossmember, also ties into the cage
extra transfer case so you can spend the $300 on an adapter and have dual cases (I'll need a month or so to get the extra tcase to CS)
extra tcase crossmember and metal to make a higher-clearance skidplate
metal, bushings, heim, etc to make antiwrap bar (not wheelable until this is built, since I think the new rear spring packs are pretty soft)
helicoil sets and new gaskets to make the header seal
later model clutch/flywheel set (93 I think? it's got like 20% more surface)
matching spare rim (no tire)
towbar
various spare parts

drivetrain is stock '85/'87 yota stuff with the little extras (hex head drain plugs, heavy duty shifter seat, etc)
about 220k on the stock 22re, about 20k on metal-backed timing kit
header, high-flow cat, summit muffler
rear springs up front with some stock front leafs mixed in, custom dropped spring hanger, budbuilt boomerang shackles
all-pro high steer
schedule 40 (.25 wall) rear driveshaft, front square tube driveshaft
4.10 gears, welded rear end

I will help yank the knuckles apart and clearance them for the longfields (because I couldn't figure it out at 3am after putting 15 hours into it last saturday) but I'm selling because I don't have time for it (and I'm broke), so I'm not going to help work on it.
shoot me a pm or email (ericbranton@yahoo.com) if you're interested or know somebody who might be. It's sitting on Munson between Harvey and University Oaks (behind the Tap).
< pics in the "rig specs" link

CheapJeep
02-27-2006, 06:39 AM
I didn't expect this coming after all the work you put into the new front axle, tires, and rear cage. :confused: I hope you aren't leaving wheelin' for good.

CRaSHnBuRN
02-27-2006, 07:24 AM
He won't be on the boards for a few days to answer questions, but he doesn't plan on leaving the sport. I think selling the truck has been a real hard decision for him, but one he feels is necessary for him at this time

AggieTJ2007
02-27-2006, 08:45 AM
yeah, somebody buy this truck

uglyota
03-06-2006, 01:44 PM
bump?

J Cooper
03-06-2006, 01:45 PM
i dont think anyone in the club could really pay for that..

ask jimmy how you should sell "it"

uglyota
03-06-2006, 01:47 PM
yeah i know but if I put "it" "there" I will probably never see it again...

Sharpe
03-06-2006, 01:48 PM
I would not pay that much for it only because I refuse to seperate you from it. Keep it, you will regret it if you dont.

william_ace
03-06-2006, 11:20 PM
i dont know your situation really... but would 4k help out so much that it will justify you selling ugly and not regreting it?

uglyota
03-06-2006, 11:39 PM
it would be a good start...
does 4 grand not seem like a lot of money to you?

robertf03
03-06-2006, 11:42 PM
not to me, I spent that on coke this weekend alone.

DRAGOONRANCH
03-06-2006, 11:51 PM
you really need to think about switching to Sam's cola, its much cheaper, and they always have it in bulk. :flipoff2:

AggieTJ2007
03-07-2006, 12:53 AM
I thought about a student loan to buy it, insurance wouldn't be much, but then I figured ide be screwed w/ two rigs and no tow vehicles. and it would be irresponible and a certain significant other would probably shoot me

Doug Krebs
03-07-2006, 01:06 AM
I thought about a student loan to buy it, insurance wouldn't be much, but then I figured ide be screwed w/ two rigs and no tow vehicles. and it would be irresponible and a certain significant other would probably shoot me

dang, not even married and getting pushed around :gigem:

CRaSHnBuRN
03-07-2006, 01:34 AM

you just gotta learn when to duck to avoid being hit.

AggieTJ2007
03-07-2006, 11:19 AM
dang, not even married and getting pushed around :gigem:

you just gotta learn when to duck to avoid being hit.

Both very true

CRaSHnBuRN
03-07-2006, 02:05 PM
and it would be irresponible and a certain significant other would probably shoot me

Have you tried the, "this rig is for you, honey. That way we can wheel together" approach yet?

BTW, I though Rowdy fully supported your wheeling habit? :flipoff2:

Chadnutz
03-07-2006, 02:56 PM
I had a dream about a month ago that I had sold my truck to an old coworker and happened upon him ripping it apart to make his own changes.

I was crying in my dream and it's a Mazda!! :flipoff2:

I'm sure you'll regret it, especially if it was your first vehicle (my case).

Student loans are at such a low interest rate, I'd recommend that route.

uglyota
03-07-2006, 03:11 PM
You guys misunderstand my relationship with this truck. It's not a girlfriend, it's not a relative, it's a freakin toy. And I can't afford to have an expensive toy with maintenance costs. it wasn't my first truck, it isn't even this truck's first body, it's just a piece of recreational equipment. I'm more attached to my bicycle.
Also, what will happen if I keep wheeling it will probably be much sadder than if I were to sell it to someone :D
I can't get student loans anymore, I'm not officially a full time student
I will always be able to build another rig

william_ace
03-07-2006, 03:31 PM
use the money for the 60/cummins swap :)

mudtoy67
03-07-2006, 03:59 PM
and it would be irresponible and a certain significant other would probably shoot me
I told CDR that when we are married and I've got a good job I'm going to work on the FJ when I want and spend money on it whenever* I need to.

*as long as she approves the expenditure with at least a 5 day written notice and a 5 page expalnatory dissertation for why such funding is needed. If funding is then approved a work order must be processed 10 days in advance of the projected start date of the work to be done. All work to be done must be properly filed in triplicate and a signed affidavit of the projected completion date must be notorized and include a schedule of chores to be done around the house plus a foot massage to be completed within 2 working days.

uglyota
03-07-2006, 04:06 PM
or you can just order your parts second day air on Wednesday, get home from work Friday to see your parts on the kitchen table and an angry wife, a fight ensues at which point you storm out to the garage with your parts and slam the door for an uninterrupted weekend of wrenching
Sundays are for forgiveness, right?
:D

J Cooper
03-07-2006, 04:10 PM
i like the way you think

uglyota
03-07-2006, 04:12 PM
do as I say, not as I do ;)

AggieTJ2007
03-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Have you tried the, "this rig is for you, honey. That way we can wheel together" approach yet?

Havent tried this one yet. I may though, be most likely she won't know/ hear about anything related to an offroad purchase, and if and when I bought something it is always a "REPAIR"

JeepPhisherman
03-07-2006, 05:47 PM
Havent tried this one yet. I may though, be most likely she won't know/ hear about anything related to an offroad purchase, and if and when I bought something it is always a "REPAIR"

do you live with her and share the same bank accounts/credit cards?
if not, tell her to mind her own damn business :gigem:

StevenAg03
03-07-2006, 05:53 PM
You guys misunderstand my relationship with this truck. It's not a girlfriend, it's not a relative, it's a freakin toy. And I can't afford to have an expensive toy with maintenance costs. it wasn't my first truck, it isn't even this truck's first body, it's just a piece of recreational equipment. I'm more attached to my bicycle.
Also, what will happen if I keep wheeling it will probably be much sadder than if I were to sell it to someone :D
I can't get student loans anymore, I'm not officially a full time student
I will always be able to build another rig

now eric...since when has tamor, as a whole, promoted the voice of reason? :flipoff2:

uglyota
03-07-2006, 06:39 PM
I'm the lonely little light in a world of darkness :D

StevenAg03
03-07-2006, 09:56 PM

ummmmmm....something like that

CRaSHnBuRN
03-08-2006, 12:01 AM

if you're the voice of reason for this club, then as a whole we're fawked :flipoff2:

AggieTJ2007
03-08-2006, 12:39 AM
my voice of reason is taking a nap

but he wakes up every now and then and when he does... I don't listen

JB
03-08-2006, 12:46 AM
4 grand obo?
In addition to how it sits right now (new front housing and knuckles, longfields, lockrite, vented rotors and all) you get my other uncompleted projects:
the bent tubing, diamond plate, lights, etc to build a rear cage and I'll show you what I had in mind for it. may need another half a stick or so to finish it out
square tube rocksliders (not your garden variety though...) about 75% fabbed...rear cage is intended to tie into them
mostly fabbed rear bumper/replacement crossmember, also ties into the cage
extra transfer case so you can spend the $300 on an adapter and have dual cases (I'll need a month or so to get the extra tcase to CS)
extra tcase crossmember and metal to make a higher-clearance skidplate
metal, bushings, heim, etc to make antiwrap bar (not wheelable until this is built, since I think the new rear spring packs are pretty soft)
helicoil sets and new gaskets to make the header seal
later model clutch/flywheel set (93 I think? it's got like 20% more surface)
matching spare rim (no tire)
towbar
various spare parts

drivetrain is stock '85/'87 yota stuff with the little extras (hex head drain plugs, heavy duty shifter seat, etc)
about 220k on the stock 22re, about 20k on metal-backed timing kit
header, high-flow cat, summit muffler
rear springs up front with some stock front leafs mixed in, custom dropped spring hanger, budbuilt boomerang shackles
all-pro high steer
schedule 40 (.25 wall) rear driveshaft, front square tube driveshaft
4.10 gears, welded rear end

You forgot to mention the kustom blue paint touches on those fancy wheels :flipoff2:

I like the ugly truck, hope you dont sell it. But if say you cut your asking price in half, let me know, cause thats all i need to spend (i know its worth more) :gigem:

8Runner
03-10-2006, 12:42 PM
Jeez, I drove all the way to CO for my new rig and I could have stayed here and bought this POS! :flipoff2:

agjohn02
03-14-2006, 11:52 PM
http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/141146424.html

uglyota
03-15-2006, 11:09 AM
cool, thanks

BMFScout
03-15-2006, 11:16 AM
I'd post it on Craigslist if I were you, that is how I ended up selling the heep. "don't cost nuthin' "

uglyota
04-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Bump, since everybody's in the market for Toyotas
Axle is in good running wheelable shape now, I'd still make a ladder bar before wheeling it if I were you but I have all the materials for that.
Still $4k OBO

agjohn02
04-13-2006, 10:30 AM
i also have one for sale... same price;) its a kick start though.

uglyota
04-13-2006, 10:42 AM
now that's just wrong...

jerryg79
04-13-2006, 11:27 AM
Still $4k OBO

$1500 COBH

uglyota
04-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Cobh?

DRAGOONRANCH
04-13-2006, 03:06 PM
Cash On Bung Hole? Have you been watching Beavis and Butthead Reruns? :flipoff2:

uglyota
04-13-2006, 03:07 PM
they're not on CBS
sorry Jerry, you need this truck but that's a rittle row

jerryg79
04-13-2006, 03:08 PM
Cash on the barrel head, i learned it from dukes of hazzard in 3rd grade, but I said cash on the bare hand and my dad made fun of me.

uglyota
04-13-2006, 03:15 PM
ahhhh...