PDA

View Full Version : Respectable welding shop in BCS

BeachJeepin
02-27-2006, 04:32 PM
I need to find somewhere/someone to move the shock mounts further up on the axle. The canisters are hitting the axle tube, and therefore, are creating a very crappy ride and is preventing me from installing my new RS9000x shocks. anybody know a place in BCS(or is someone willing) to move these brackets for me?

I would do this myself, but 1. I lack experience, b. I have no time.

Pics to come....

Any other ideas for a solution?

Doug Krebs
02-27-2006, 04:35 PM
I will, when do you want to do it? I only charge a small amount to cover my consumables, unless it's going to take along time or there is alot of work involved.

BMFScout
02-27-2006, 04:41 PM
that is the TJ caveat,(whatver that means, if I even used it correctly) if you move them further up you lose travel, if you leave them as is they get hosed. I say get a shock that is ok to run upside down.

BeachJeepin
02-27-2006, 04:58 PM
i'll probably take you up on your offer...

i know for sure i can't run the RS9000x upside down. I forget what type of shock can be run upside down....

everybody says you will loose travel, but i still don't see how... i mean its only moving a few inches....

AggieTJ2007
02-27-2006, 05:42 PM
why don't you just get the teraflex shock relocaters
or do this

http://www.stu-offroad.com/suspension/rearshock/rearshock-1.htm

Matt Conlee
02-27-2006, 10:02 PM
use some new RE shock tabs and rotate them. you can gain ground clearance and downtravel. Thats what I did anyway.

BeachJeepin
02-28-2006, 09:31 AM
do the teraflex shock extensions go inside the axle brackets? The extensions that i have go outside the axle brackets, so they are too small for my beefier 8.8 brackets...

what are these RE shock tabs? pics?

AggieTJ2007
02-28-2006, 10:17 AM
the teraflex ones go inside the brackets

Matt Conlee
02-28-2006, 10:56 AM
http://www.rubiconexpress.com/dynamic/mainpage.asp?folderid=227

cut off the old ones and weld on the new ones. It helps to have an RTI ramp or something to flex on that way you can set up the mounts to clear the coil cup.

Chadnutz
02-28-2006, 11:58 AM
use some new RE shock tabs and rotate them. you can gain ground clearance and downtravel. Thats what I did anyway.

Because we all know your Jeep sucks! :flipoff2:

Matt Conlee
02-28-2006, 12:19 PM
you suck

agjohn02
02-28-2006, 12:59 PM
see, there are bolt-on solutions for every TJ problem. well, almost. do they make a bolt-on anti-suck bar?

BeachJeepin
02-28-2006, 02:25 PM
have you looked through the quadratec bible?

Doug Krebs
02-28-2006, 02:28 PM
I'll have time friday evening, saturday morning, and all of sunday... After that I'm booked for 4-5 weekends I think.

BeachJeepin
02-28-2006, 02:51 PM
can't do it this weekend... i guess let me know when you do have time....how long do you think this would take? i think i'm going to get the teraflex brackets for now...

Doug Krebs
02-28-2006, 04:33 PM
Depends on how anal you want to get?

Sounds like you want to cut off the old hangers, grind whats left after cutting, and weld on the new hangers.

If you know where you want to put the hangers it would go fairly quickly.

Jack up and take tires off.......15 minutes
Cut old hangers off................10 minutes
Grind crap off........................10-30 minutes depending on crap
Aligning hangers.....................5 minutes if you know where you want them
Welding................................5-10 minutes?

Depending how many people comeover and how much beer is drank +3 hours :flipoff2:

BMFScout
02-28-2006, 04:43 PM
Depends on how anal you want to get?

I think he was looking for a time estimate, not a cost estimate... :eek:

Doug Krebs
02-28-2006, 05:03 PM
I think he was looking for a time estimate, not a cost estimate... :eek:

?!? I only posted times, not money? I was just thinking out loud?

BMFScout
02-28-2006, 05:39 PM
Check out what I highlighted, and think about your proclevity for the homosexualness...

As in the cost might vary depending on how anal he wanted to get.

When you have to explain jokes they are rarely funny, and mine are rarely funny as it is.

Doug Krebs
02-28-2006, 05:41 PM
Check out what I highlighted, and think about your proclevity for the homosexualness...

As in the cost might vary depending on how anal he wanted to get.

When you have to explain jokes they are rarely funny, and mine are rarely funny as it is.

Dammit totally missed that... should have read what you quoted :flipoff2:

P.S. Every inch costs.....Oh come on now, thats out of hand

davido
02-28-2006, 05:43 PM
I need to find somewhere/someone to move the shock mounts further up on the axle. Any other ideas for a solution?

Uh, Hughes Fab maybe? As far as a shop goes. But then again, Cody is probably chest deep in a giant project. A club flunky is the next best option. Doug fits the bill. :gigem:

BeachJeepin
03-01-2006, 09:10 AM
yeah i think he does fit the bill....i'll have to get back with you doug later in the later semester, but i deffinitly want it done....

i also neeed to weld up some brackets to bolt my rockers to the underside of my body.... let me know when you have a free weekend...

thanks guys