View Full Version : My buggy

CRaSHnBuRN
03-19-2006, 08:43 PM
2 seater buggy, toyota based
-22r on propane
-5 speed
-dual cases
-rockstomper motor mounts
-front axle: 85 mini truck, trussed and armored, FJ-80 HP diff, detriot locker, 4.88s ,30 spline longfields, ARP knuckle and hub studs, crossover steering (sky manufacturing pitman arm, 3/8 wall tie rod, 1/4 wall draglink, fj80 tie rods ends), hydro assist
-rear axle: 85 mini truck, spool, 4.88s
-square driveshafts with CVs
-leaf sprung all around, hybrid packs made from stock toy rear springs
-Brand new Poly Performance BBCS shocks (15 inch travel)
-flipped u-bolts, stainless steel brake lines, polyeurathane bumpstops
-rear mounted radiator, electric fan
-warn M8000
-5 lb CO2 tank
-Jaz seats with 5 point harnesses
-8 gallon forklift propane tank
-tilt steering and steering wheel disconnect
-39.5x15 inch tsls on 15x8 2.5 inch backspacing black steel wheels 90% tread, brand new full size spare with sticker still on it

spare parts included
custom IFS hub spacers, ifs hubs, and rotors
extra 85 front housing
2 spare knuckles
a bunch of toy calipers, motor mounts, tcase mounts, etc.

$8000 OBO

http://tamor.us/members-rigs/albums/album197/100_0138.jpg
http://tamor.us/members-rigs/albums/album197/100_0131.jpg
http://tamor.us/members-rigs/albums/album192/100_0273.jpg

BBCS and TSLs not installed in pictures

redcagepatrol
03-19-2006, 09:06 PM
why you selling it?
where was that first pic taken?

JeepPhisherman
03-19-2006, 09:27 PM
what happened to going 1-tons??

... and selling me your hydro assist stuff?

CRaSHnBuRN
03-19-2006, 09:37 PM
the picture was at gilmer. As for why, its just something I feel is necessary right now. I think its time I take a little break from it. Perhaps once I have graduated, and have more time and money, I will build a new rig, one that fits me better. I hope to take the money from the sale and pay off all of my credit cards, and maybe put a little lift on the tacoma. I may still go on trips, but as a spectator instead.

Sharpe
03-19-2006, 10:40 PM
Say it aint so. I think you should stop thinking about mods for it and just wheel it the way it is. **** everything you dont like about it, just leave it alone. It already kicks ass and is more capable than 90% of the other vehicles in the club. Besides, the market for toyotas is already saturated.

CheapJeep
03-19-2006, 10:56 PM
Yeah, I really think you'd regret it once you were standing there watching everybody else wheel. Like Robert said, it doesn't have to be a money pit if it's already together and wheelable. Just don't spend anymore money on it unless you absolutely have to. Just my opinion.

Reckless
03-19-2006, 11:04 PM
What the hell is going on? First the hippie is selling ugly truck, now Feller's buggy is going. I hope hell isnt freezing over too....

davido
03-19-2006, 11:44 PM
Everybody is getting out of Toyota stuff. :) Why didn't you just tell Scotti two weeks ago. You would have saved him a couple of grand and a lot of windshield time.

redcagepatrol
03-19-2006, 11:47 PM
First the hippie is selling ugly truck
WTF - I missed that one - why?

agjohn02
03-19-2006, 11:48 PM
it didnt pass emissions

CRaSHnBuRN
03-20-2006, 12:11 AM
okay guys, calm down. I've been thinking about this for a while now. I do love wheeling the buggy, but sometimes you have to consider other factors in your life. I would like to get out of debt and start saving money. I could do whats been said, and just try to wheel with out spending money, but even that is not really possible. Think about how much each trip costs. Entrance fees, gas for the buggy and tow rig, food, camping. It all adds up. And remember, I allready have the credit card debt racked up. Its not like I can forget about it and make it go away. I also don't plan on just giving the buggy away. If I don't get what I want, I keep it. Simple as that. As for telling scotti, I did mention it to him a few times, and he never seemed interested. To small I think.

Another consideration I have is just how much do I get to wheel? I've had this thing for a year and a half, and other than a few little trips to 47, I've wheeled 3 times (clayton, gilmer, katemcy).

JeepPhisherman
03-20-2006, 09:33 AM
well, good luck selling it

I'll stick a link up on the TX TTORA board if you wish

and if you ever feel the need to use your tools, my truck will be ready and waiting in the fall

uglyota
03-20-2006, 09:35 AM
WTF - I missed that one - why?
http://www.tamor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7211
I'm not too worried, I haven't even gotten any offers

J Cooper
03-20-2006, 02:10 PM
What the hell is going on? First the hippie is selling ugly truck, now Feller's buggy is going. I hope hell isnt freezing over too....

who wants charlie?

haha jk **** that

BMFScout
03-20-2006, 02:13 PM
I have thought about selling the Scout to get a hot rod, but I don't think I could get dick for it anyway.

agjohn02
03-20-2006, 03:26 PM
these thoughts are also going through my head

we should all sell our rigs, not like we wheel them or anything

edit: i did this weeekend at gilmer, but still...

Sharpe
03-20-2006, 03:39 PM
I've never thought about selling pigpen, and I have a whole barn full of cool cars I could throw the money at.

CheapJeep
03-20-2006, 03:44 PM
I've never thought about selling pigpen.
It's because you know damn well no one would buy that turd. :flipoff2:

StevenAg03
03-20-2006, 03:45 PM

and im sure you have people beating down your door to buy yours... :flipoff2:

CheapJeep
03-20-2006, 03:49 PM
and im sure you have people beating down your door to buy yours... :flipoff2:
Don't you drive a mini-van??? :flipoff2:

J Cooper
03-20-2006, 04:27 PM
not to be rude chris, i think the buggy is kick ass and id take it if i had money, but i think $8k is alot for that thing... id be asking for more like $3k. its just a toyota with sc. 40 around it. everything else is stuff any other modified toyota is gonna have.

Sharpe
03-20-2006, 04:31 PM
My front axle alone is worth more than your entire "truck."

StevenAg03
03-20-2006, 07:48 PM
Don't you drive a mini-van??? :flipoff2:

point?? :confused2

robertf03
03-20-2006, 10:27 PM
My front axle alone is worth more than your entire "truck."

and your front axle alone is worth more than your truck, since that means someone already pulled it and hauled off the scrap :flipoff2:

CRaSHnBuRN
04-04-2006, 01:42 AM
$6500?

CRaSHnBuRN
04-05-2006, 02:26 PM
damn, you should see the offers for trades I'm getting for this thing. A built CJ, and Toy on 42's with one tons, a tacoma, and the best one came today, a 85 4runner and 2 FJ40 landcruisers

JeepPhisherman
04-05-2006, 02:39 PM
Well, are you looking for trades? Or just the cash to pay off your bills?

I say take a trade and build something now, while you're still on college.

davido
04-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Post up the trades. Maybe someone will be the third party. They may not pay for your POS, but they'll pay for someone elses. They give you the cash, you give your POS to jack, jack gives his POS to the first guy. Everyone leaves happy.

CRaSHnBuRN
04-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Well, are you looking for trades? Or just the cash to pay off your bills?

I say take a trade and build something now, while you're still on college.

I really want cash if I can. The plan is to use it to pay off the bills, then use the remainder to buy an older truck to use as a daily driver. Most likely something like a toyota pickup or a landcruiser. I may mod it a little, like a rear locker, and some mud tires, but try to keep it for the most part stock. But if someone comes across with something nice, well then yeah, I'll do a trade. I still have the taco to sell and make a few bucks off of, and once I'm no longer making payments on it, I can devote more of my paycheck towards other bills.

As for what I've been offered so far, most of its been in Cali, so I don't think its worth it. I'll post some pics of todays offer of the 4runner and 2 landcruisers once I have them. The 4runner is a stock 85, and one cruiser is basically a parts rig. I've always like the old 4runners, and really like cruisers, but I don't think either one would make much of a daily driver.

uglyota
04-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Replacing your 2x4 DD with an older 4x4 with the intention of modding it is the worst idea ever. We all know the slippery slope that puts you on. You really wanna pay off your bills, sell your winch and the thuper longfields and maybe a few of the other blingy items you've added, throw in stock or cryoed inners and some bellfields...or one of your old ringed Longs and a Bell (I should have some for sale in a week or so ;) ), and leave it alone. You want to sell the whole thing off, part it out. You have a garage to do it in. The thing works well but nobody wants to buy a leaf-sprung buggy with a small motor unless it's f-toy legal. The whole in this case is not worth more than the sum of the parts.
Taking a trade that you already have a buyer for might be a good idea, but it's hard as hell to make those kinda deals work out. Nobody in our club has money anyway :flipoff2:

J Cooper
04-05-2006, 06:14 PM
ya its easier to to have a newer vehicle that works, the lesss parts to replace the better..ex. 4x2 with new motor, ac, good gas milage and room in the cab, and you can keep it for freaking ever if you take care of it.

i tried your idea to get a cheap fixer upper on the cheap and look what happened :flipoff2:

uglyota
04-05-2006, 06:17 PM
A bad dood is what happened :flipoff2:

J Cooper
04-05-2006, 06:22 PM
i ment the on the cheap part

but id be willing to trade mine in for an fj40 or a cj on 42s :gigem:

uglyota
04-05-2006, 06:27 PM
I bet they're both gems if they're willing to make a straight trade...

J Cooper
04-05-2006, 06:31 PM
i dunno somebody made chris a trade for the truggy thing

stx4wheeler
04-05-2006, 06:34 PM
does anyone see a recreation of the past in the future.