PDA

View Full Version : Texas 4x4 Summer Run II- Katemcy June 10-11

DRAGOONRANCH
03-24-2006, 07:25 AM
I have been mulling over the idea of a summer trip (mid june or july)to the house, and wanted to plan around a wheelin trip. I know its hard to plan anything more than a few days out, but is there any summer trips anyone normaly makes. I will be pulling the trigger on some purchases next week, prolly front axle, rims, and a set of springs and shackles for the spring swaps. Well anyways, back to the sand box.

uglyota
03-24-2006, 10:25 AM
might I recommend Trees ranch if you want a cool-ass bigg(er) trip.
It's nice once things start heating up too, because there's a lot of tree cover

DRAGOONRANCH
03-24-2006, 11:02 AM
I will do some research on it. Any other thoughts on this.

DRAGOONRANCH
03-24-2006, 12:32 PM
I found it, i will do some research into it. Any one else up for a trip there end of june or so?

uglyota
03-24-2006, 12:51 PM
looks like they're open June 23-25

DRAGOONRANCH
03-24-2006, 12:59 PM
i have never heard of it, only saw one mention of it on pirate I think. Sounds like a good trip. We just picked up a fifth wheel, so prolly gonna take it too.

On another note. Does any one know what the law on pulling two trailers is (like pullin my little TSC special ATV/lawnmower trailer behind my 32' gooseneck).

uglyota
03-24-2006, 01:18 PM
Creighton and I went last year...there's a thread with some pics here somewhere.
You won't have much use for ATVs at Trees, most of the trails are far from camp and you're pretty much out on the trail morning-evening without dropping back by camp.

eight
03-24-2006, 01:28 PM
You can pull 2 trailers like that. Just got to have the lights on both working so you'll have to tap into the tail light wireing on the big trailer and put a plug.

Doug Krebs
03-24-2006, 01:29 PM
You can pull 2 trailers like that. Just got to have the lights on both working so you'll have to tap into the tail light wireing on the big trailer and put a plug.

I believe there is also a total length restriction of truck+trailer+trailer, but I can't remember what it is, maybe it's 80 ft?

BMFScout
03-24-2006, 01:31 PM
I've seen a 1 ton w/ a 5th wheel camper, towing a boat before. That was in New Mexico though, so all bets are off.

DRAGOONRANCH
03-24-2006, 01:36 PM
I am more interested in takin em to shiloh, the next weekend. I may have a lock on an old ford diesel with a utility body. I want to pull the bed and make a trailer out of it. I will put my welder, oxy torch, and tools in it to take to the parks with me.

eight
03-24-2006, 01:42 PM
There used to be a length limit of 65 ft but I think that has been removed. Pulling a boat behind a travel trailer is fairly common.

agjohn02
03-24-2006, 01:57 PM
There used to be a length limit of 65 ft but I think that has been removed. Pulling a boat behind a travel trailer is fairly common.

but backing it down the ramp is a real b!tch

CRaSHnBuRN
03-24-2006, 02:19 PM
I'm up for a trip out to tree's. I was planning on going memorial day, since they normally have a big event then, but I may wait till later if other people are interested in going. Another option for summer wheeling would be gilmer. It has alot of trees and shady areas to get out of the sun, and is atv freindly

agjohn02
03-24-2006, 02:26 PM
It has alot of trees and shady areas to get out of the sun, and is atv freindly

yes, i tried to take the scout down an atv friendly trail. didnt work out too well.

Sharpe
03-24-2006, 03:06 PM
yes, i tried to take the scout down an atv friendly trail. didnt work out too well.
Creighton's jeep and Eric's yota fit down the 4 wheeler trails at Gilmer just fine. When I say fit I mean they already look ****ty enough that tree branches whacking the sides goes unnoticed. I am down for a trip or two anywhere, I'd like to go to Trees though.

DRAGOONRANCH
03-26-2006, 03:35 PM

I found this here (http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statutes/docs/TN/content/htm/tn.007.00.000621.00.htm#621.205.00).

§ 621.205. MAXIMUM LENGTH OF VEHICLE COMBINATIONS. (a)
Except as provided by this section, a combination of not more than
three vehicles, including a truck and semitrailer, truck and
trailer, truck-tractor and semitrailer and trailer, or a
truck-tractor and two trailers, may be coupled together if the
combination of vehicles, other than a truck-tractor combination, is
not longer than 65 feet.
(b) A passenger car or another motor vehicle that has an
unloaded weight of less than 2,500 pounds may not be coupled with
more than one other vehicle or towing device at one time. This
subsection does not apply to the towing of a disabled vehicle to the
nearest intake place for repair.
(c) A motor vehicle, including a passenger car, that has an
unloaded weight of 2,500 pounds or more may be coupled with a towing
device and one other vehicle.
(d) In this section:
(1) "Passenger car" means a motor vehicle designed to
transport 10 or fewer persons simultaneously.
(2) "Towing device" means a device used to tow a
vehicle behind a motor vehicle by supporting one end of the towed
vehicle above the surface of the road and permitting the wheels at
the other end of the towed vehicle to remain in contact with the
road.

I am going to do some checking with our local fuzz about this, they are pretty knowledgeable on this stuff, being a rural town and all. They know who to call and find out too, we have asked them other ?'s before. My brother sits at the feed store at night with one of them while he is radarin' the curve comin into town. They sit up there for hours on end talkin about the towns deviants.