PDA

View Full Version : How to un-stick 35,000 lbs...

Graystroke
04-12-2006, 04:18 PM
...call in the Heavy Dutys, a John Deere 120 track hoe.
I think I found the leak in the dam. :)
Took the guy only a hour and half from pulling into the place, unloading, pulling out the dozer, until driving out loaded up. Not a bad gig' for $360...which I thought was cheap. It was barried to the tops of the tracks. Only thing keeping it from sinking further was bedrock. Should make a nice crawdad hole. I saw some running across the tops of the tracks :D

Graystroke
04-12-2006, 04:22 PM
The pond is full now...the one I had pics of a while back that I was digging out.

mudtoy67
04-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Cool. I see ya'll are putting that old case to good use. Have fun digging the mud out of the tracks! :flipoff2:

When I worked at the case dealer we used to have dozers come in all the time that had the tracks packed like that and when I first started I was wash boy so I got to do that a lot. Also had to crawl underneath and pull all the belly pans cause they were usually full to the floorboard with mud. :(

uglyota
04-12-2006, 05:34 PM
your dad gonna make you clean it again? :flipoff2:

Shaggy
04-12-2006, 05:37 PM
we had ours stuck similar to that back in nov... but it was almost on its side and the track came off.. Had to bring in the bigger dozer to get it out a month later when it was dryer

Graystroke
04-12-2006, 06:04 PM
this wasn't going to be drying anytime soon. The tree taken out in the last pick of the hiole is where the water was coming thru the dam

eight
04-12-2006, 06:17 PM
So you learn anything from this?

You're supposed to start from the edge and work your way in on good ground.

stx4wheeler
04-12-2006, 06:39 PM
Grayson doesn't tread lightly!!!!! :flipoff2:

JeepPhisherman
04-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Cool. I see ya'll are putting that old case to good use. Have fun digging the mud out of the tracks! :flipoff2:

When I worked at the case dealer we used to have dozers come in all the time that had the tracks packed like that and when I first started I was wash boy so I got to do that a lot. Also had to crawl underneath and pull all the belly pans cause they were usually full to the floorboard with mud. :(

We wouldnt accept them off the job like that. We'd charge them the extra days and fees until they brought it back somewhat clean. Most of the time, they would just pay the drives a couple bills to power-wash them before they brought it back though.

Graystroke
04-12-2006, 08:37 PM
So you learn anything from this?

You're supposed to start from the edge and work your way in on good ground.
yeah, 35,000 lbs is really hard to get out of the mud unless you have the proper equipment.
the ground had like an underground aquifer. solid on top for a little while and then it got soupy real fast. and water was running in that hole from different spots..like there was a garden hose laying in there.