PDA

View Full Version : Krew Kab Klogger

Pages : [1] 2

fbronco86
02-26-2005, 05:31 PM
we started karls f150 build up truck this weekend pics coming tomm. The project includes 6in lift with 38's should break the TTB nicely

Graystroke
02-27-2005, 09:16 AM
this thread is worthless w/o pics...thanks though :rolleyes:

fbronco86
02-27-2005, 08:31 PM
this truck was a yard truck for the steel mill that karl works for so its caked with mud and slag on the bottom so it pretty much sucks to work on

fbronco86
02-27-2005, 08:33 PM
The truck is getting a 6 in lift. truck with front done

fbronco86
02-27-2005, 08:38 PM
few more pics

fbronco86
02-27-2005, 08:41 PM
8 tires for 100 bucks 4 38's and 4 36's

fbronco86
02-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Also forgot to say this karl got this truck for free some how from work and my buddy threw some parts together for this lift.

jerryg79
02-27-2005, 08:43 PM
how many times did you get that ****ing steel dust **** in your eyes...you really have to see that thing in person to get the full effect huh mike....oh well it was free.

Nice use of Luis's hammer.

jerryg79
02-27-2005, 08:43 PM
Also forgot to say this karl got this truck for free some how from work and my buddy threw some parts together for this lift.

So luis is YOUR buddy now huh?

AggieTJ2007
02-27-2005, 08:49 PM
is the pile of beer cans and dirt from the truck? I would have at least attempted to clean the underside of the truck at a carwash before I started working

jerryg79
02-27-2005, 08:57 PM
that's not dirt, its steel dust, and it may as well be on there like concrete

fbronco86
02-27-2005, 09:39 PM
So luis is YOUR buddy now huh?

yes jerry are outta the loop :flipoff2:

jerryg79
02-27-2005, 09:41 PM
yes jerry are outta the loop :flipoff2:

if the loop is typing class, then mike are outta the loop too.

fbronco86
02-27-2005, 09:49 PM

yes i am

Graystroke
02-27-2005, 09:50 PM
is it the lime they use out there or steel dust...or both. From these pics you can see that whatever it is it does the body good!

BMFScout
02-28-2005, 02:26 AM
instead of big gay 150 or MF150, this thing will be dubbed from this day on as, "The Great White Trail Clogger" I would love to be in the group with this thing on Snake Pit at 2 in the morning...

uglyota
02-28-2005, 09:12 AM
wow looks like when Homer drove his car into the salt factory and it rusted out from around him...that 14b in the back looks like it's in awesome shape! Cool bed tho.

jerryg79
02-28-2005, 09:22 AM
wow looks like when Homer drove his car into the salt factory and it rusted out from around him...that 14b in the back looks like it's in awesome shape! Cool bed tho.

are you talking about on the bed of the truck? That's a 9" out of a versailles....I asked karl about it yesterday, I thought it was going in his chevelle

uglyota
02-28-2005, 09:28 AM
Oh, I just saw a big freakin chunk. It's still rusty tho, get the sandblaster fired up!

BMFScout
02-28-2005, 09:53 AM
that is a $250 rear end!

uglyota
02-28-2005, 09:55 AM
I thought all rearends were $30 :)

jerryg79
02-28-2005, 10:00 AM
that is a $250 rear end!

In the words of Karl "its one of those ron fvck me deals"

uglyota
03-11-2005, 01:04 PM
Finished yet?
I agree with jimmy, this thing needs to get broken in at ttc

fbronco86
03-11-2005, 01:50 PM
Finished yet?
I agree with jimmy, this thing needs to get broken in at ttc

karls needs to ajust the steering and get some rims. then its ready i think

fbronco86
04-10-2005, 07:37 PM
Here is what we did this weekend should be ready for a run. btw karl has a few bikes around too.

eight
04-10-2005, 09:27 PM
What yall gonna do about rear tire clearance? Weld the 9"?

Doug Krebs
04-10-2005, 10:27 PM
Mike told me the bed is aluminum and karl is going to hack it before TCC. Don't think they are welding the rear...

stx4wheeler
04-10-2005, 10:49 PM
that thing looks pretty damn cool, hack away boys hack-away.....

BMFScout
04-10-2005, 11:12 PM
you could definitely pick up some 18 year old vaidor whores in that baby, all you need now is some Zanex!!! :)

mudtoy67
04-10-2005, 11:32 PM
That thing is sweet. I hear it has Kustom 5-lug 16.5" rims.

jerryg79
04-11-2005, 06:11 AM
I hope the pipe rack and flashing yellow light stay! :flipoff2:

jerryg79
04-11-2005, 06:46 AM
BTW, I hope this is the part where karl ponies up $35 and actually becomes a member of the club. Come on, you saved at least that much by making your own "wheel adapters". There's probably that much in change floating around in the seats of your various vehicles. Sell a motorcycle, sell some guns, stand on the corner and collect money for "Karl's holiest of holes foundation", do what you gotta do, but please to god part with the $35.

The time has come karl! :flipoff2:

fbronco86
04-11-2005, 07:10 AM
you could definitely pick up some 18 year old vaidor whores in that baby, all you need now is some Zanex!!! :)

what do u think we did after we got it finished. :gigem:

jerryg79
04-11-2005, 07:32 AM
what do u think we did after we got it finished. :gigem:

Sexually Harassed some 13 year old hispanic boys :flipoff2:

BMFScout
04-11-2005, 08:44 AM
BTW, I hope this is the part where karl ponies up $35 and actually becomes a member of the club. Come on, you saved at least that much by making your own "wheel adapters". There's probably that much in change floating around in the seats of your various vehicles. Sell a motorcycle, sell some guns, stand on the corner and collect money for "Karl's holiest of holes foundation", do what you gotta do, but please to god part with the $35.
The time has come karl! :flipoff2:
Karl and Davido once had a money ****ting contest, they both **** money you know. It was close, but since Karl had eaten a big breakfast that day he nosed him out, to which Whitney replied, "I think that Karl guy is gay..." How about this Karl, sell some crap on ebay that your brother got for free... :gigem:

AgDieseler
04-11-2005, 10:03 AM
...How about this Karl, sell some crap on ebay that your brother got for free... :gigem:
Zero to sixty in ten seconds!

fbronco86
04-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Sexually Harassed some 13 year old hispanic boys :flipoff2:

Hey he consented to it. Karl was trying to hook up with pregnat chic again.

That truck has so much whitetrash dna in grained in it the chics just can not keep away from it.

fbronco86
10-24-2005, 03:21 PM
I am bring this thread back up for the clayton trip

Karl what do we need to do to this rig

1. Pull front end and install 3.55 gears

2. Put rear end back in with 3.55 gears

3. Rear brake line replace

4. Drive Shalf u-joints

5. Kustom Paint

6. I know I am missing some things

Doug Krebs
10-24-2005, 03:24 PM
Is he going to put his trailer winch on it or is it not powerful enough for the klogger?

fbronco86
10-24-2005, 03:36 PM
Is he going to put his trailer winch on it or is it not powerful enough for the klogger?

yeah is in line too. 6000lbs and we got a snatch block

KrazyKarl02
10-24-2005, 10:45 PM
8000 lbs, plus SNATCH(I like that word) block, I will try to type up what all I need to do with the truck, trailer, and tow vehicle tomorrow.

fbronco86
10-25-2005, 07:34 AM
8000 lbs, plus SNATCH(I like that word) block, I will try to type up what all I need to do with the truck, trailer, and tow vehicle tomorrow.

Well I am going to assume things are going ok for you since you are still alive after we tried to kill you this weekend. Karl and touch his toes with his head he found this out this past weekend.

StevenAg03
10-25-2005, 08:06 AM
Well I am going to assume things are going ok for you since you are still alive after we tried to kill you this weekend. Karl and touch his toes with his head he found this out this past weekend.

hey mike...since translator.com doesnt have a east texas babble to english option, do you think you could do the honors? :flipoff2:

fbronco86
10-25-2005, 08:54 AM
hey mike...since translator.com doesnt have a east texas babble to english option, do you think you could do the honors? :flipoff2:

I think frick is using my account to write things haha :flipoff2:

KrazyKarl02
10-25-2005, 10:28 PM
I think what Mike is trying to say is, while attempting to stand my deer stand up this weekend (it blew over in the storm, pinche rita!) 4 of us where pushing on it, someone yelled its rolling, get out from under it, to which I replied "wha" which would have been followed with a "t?" if the stand had not come down on me. Don't worry, my head broke its fall. For those that know me, I am not flexible, but somehow managed for my head to touch my toes. When it happened as I was heading for the ground I was thinking, and this is how I get decapitated (spelling?)
Anywho work has these neat little pills called "Back-Quell" 50% wicked strong pain medicine(probably morphine or something non addictive) and 50% caffine, so every morning I pop a couple of those and I feel like a puppy with two peters!
Hopefully, the man will quit working my ass to death and I will start some crap on the kogger, until then whenever you see rebar think of me!

KrazyKarl02
10-26-2005, 04:17 PM
Ok here is the scope of work for getting the Klogger "Trail Rated"

Things to do on the Klogger:
Mandatory
1. Install rear Axle
2. Install and bleed brakes on rear axle
3. Remove/change gears in front axle from 3.00 to 3.55, w/ new u-joints
4. load cooler
Optional
1. Check if heater works
2. Install 2nd row suburban seating in bed
3. Remove 8000 lbs winch from trailer and make something to hold it on the Klogger
4. Fix radio/CB, right now they are just jammed in the dash
5. Get working headlights/brake lights
6. Install some new dents

Things to do on the F250
1. Turn front rotors (they got a warp)
2. Fix brake controller (short somewhere)
3. Fix reverse lights, so I can get it inspected

Things to do on the Trailer
1. Remove winch for above mentioned reason
2. Possible install some lights on the trailer

Here we go!

KrazyKarl02
11-27-2005, 05:56 PM
I got the axle under it today, there was a busted brake line I had to fix too. So now it is back to setting on 4 wheels. I still need to fill the diff with fluid and bleed the brakes.

fbronco86
11-27-2005, 07:53 PM
I got the axle under it today, there was a busted brake line I had to fix too. So now it is back to setting on 4 wheels. I still need to fill the diff with fluid and bleed the brakes.

We need pics

KrazyKarl02
12-04-2005, 10:06 PM
Mike came in and help me this weekend. We got a lot done on the klog. I finished putting the 9" rear back in, it now has 3.55's instead of the 3.00's. Had to put some new brake lines on. I put new u-joints in too. Mike, The unofficial god of all things TTB, took apart the front axle. I finished the rear just in time to see him grinding the heads off the bolts that held the TTB differential in. The bolts were so rusted a socket would not grab them, I knew I should have bought a metrinch!
One of the bolts we hammered a metric socket on and then used about 2 feet of extensions and a pipe to try to get loose. The result was the bolt snapping and the pipe flying back at Mike knocking him square in the eye. He went down faster than a girl in pharmeceutical sales. He laid on the ground for about 5 minutes in the fetal position, while I kept asking hm if he was ok. Luckily he still had another eye and was able to continue working. Seriously though there is a clear straight bruise on his face from where the pipe tagged him.
Got the 3.55's in and discovered my front drive shaft sucks, it is all ragged out, so I will need a new one of those. We took it for a test drive and discovered the carb was jacked up from months of no use, so Mike called upon the Ford gods and we rebuilt it. It runs like a champ, it will spin the 38's if you power brake it enough.....
We also removed the front bumper and started work on a box frame winch mount combo.
Should be all ready for Clayton. I guess the Ford works in mysterious ways.

KrazyKarl02
12-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Oh, I would also like to add that surprisingly JB Weld was not used at all during the entire weekend.

Shaggy
12-04-2005, 10:19 PM
I have quite a selection of driveshafts if you want to see if i have one for you

KrazyKarl02
12-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Check it out if you would, If not there is one on Ebay right now.

fbronco86
12-05-2005, 12:06 AM
Mike came in and help me this weekend. We got a lot done on the klog. I finished putting the 9" rear back in, it now has 3.55's instead of the 3.00's. Had to put some new brake lines on. I put new u-joints in too. Mike, The unofficial god of all things TTB, took apart the front axle. I finished the rear just in time to see him grinding the heads off the bolts that held the TTB differential in. The bolts were so rusted a socket would not grab them, I knew I should have bought a metrinch!
One of the bolts we hammered a metric socket on and then used about 2 feet of extensions and a pipe to try to get loose. The result was the bolt snapping and the pipe flying back at Mike knocking him square in the eye. He went down faster than a girl in pharmeceutical sales. He laid on the ground for about 5 minutes in the fetal position, while I kept asking hm if he was ok. Luckily he still had another eye and was able to continue working. Seriously though there is a clear straight bruise on his face from where the pipe tagged him.
Got the 3.55's in and discovered my front drive shaft sucks, it is all ragged out, so I will need a new one of those. We took it for a test drive and discovered the carb was jacked up from months of no use, so Mike called upon the Ford gods and we rebuilt it. It runs like a champ, it will spin the 38's if you power brake it enough.....
We also removed the front bumper and started work on a box frame winch mount combo.
Should be all ready for Clayton. I guess the Ford works in mysterious ways.

Good times where had. We need pics karl

fbronco86
12-06-2005, 06:05 PM
This was some of the weekend fun. Then I got a black eye. Everyone at work thinks I got beat up so I used the old line you should see the other guy.

KrazyKarl02
12-10-2005, 06:30 PM
Got some shat done today, I fixed the F250's brakes (turned rotors and new pads, the biggest challenge was convincing the idiots at O'reilly's that they could turn the rotors) I also changed the oil.

Figured out what was wrong with my brake controller, the dumba$$ who had the truck before me wired the brake wire into the center pin on the trailer connector (this is supposed to be for 12 volt supply to the trailer) fixed that and mounted the controller up, works like a champ

I also cut the winch off my trailer, now I need to weld it to my square tube I will use for a reciever hitch. Probably do that tomorrow, as it is getting dark and cold and I have some night life to go see in Beaumont tonight. I am also going to weld the above front box/bumper in tomorrow.

Then it should be ready, except for the front drive shaft. I ordered a good used one from ebay, but it has not come in. If not I will just run the one it has, though it will make some noise. Oh I might also look at mounting the suburban seat.

fbronco86
12-10-2005, 07:35 PM
Got some shat done today, I fixed the F250's brakes (turned rotors and new pads, the biggest challenge was convincing the idiots at O'reilly's that they could turn the rotors) I also changed the oil.

Figured out what was wrong with my brake controller, the dumba$$ who had the truck before me wired the brake wire into the center pin on the trailer connector (this is supposed to be for 12 volt supply to the trailer) fixed that and mounted the controller up, works like a champ

I also cut the winch off my trailer, now I need to weld it to my square tube I will use for a reciever hitch. Probably do that tomorrow, as it is getting dark and cold and I have some night life to go see in Beaumont tonight. I am also going to weld the above front box/bumper in tomorrow.

Then it should be ready, except for the front drive shaft. I ordered a good used one from ebay, but it has not come in. If not I will just run the one it has, though it will make some noise. Oh I might also look at mounting the suburban seat.

Night life in beaumont huh. You going to wild bills

fbronco86
01-16-2006, 06:30 PM
This came from work like this for Karl. I guess his co-workers know something that we dont.

jerryg79
01-17-2006, 07:13 AM
This came from work like this for Karl. I guess his co-workers know something that we dont.

what? :confused:

KrazyKarl02
01-17-2006, 08:21 AM
I think Mike is trying to be funny again. He is implying that my co-workers wrote that crap on the truck.... but what really happened is Louis's brother Jose wrote that on there. I might add the felatio portrait was quite good, I think he might have some experience with that up close, if you know what I mean.... Mike is just jealous, you see no one will right things like that on his EB. It's just implied if you own an EB you are obviously homo gay.

fbronco86
02-05-2006, 10:06 PM
Karl has alot of pics to post on this. The pictures will explain alot.

This weekend we took the cab off and put the crew cab on. I did some kustom body slamming on this truck to make the body sit lower on the frame. It looks pretty sweet.

We also have a 302 FI motor to go in place. If karl would buy my dana 60 from me it would be pimp.

The name has changed

"Krew Kab Klogger"

CRaSHnBuRN
02-05-2006, 10:09 PM
The name has changed

"Krew Kab Klogger"

KKK :confused:

Sharpe
02-05-2006, 10:52 PM
Whad yall do about the bed?

william_ace
02-05-2006, 11:25 PM
pics pics

KrazyKarl02
02-05-2006, 11:42 PM
The day started by removing the old F-150 regular cab. Mike found out how the steel mill guys decided to combat rust, they fiberglassed the floor of the cab

Third pic is when we wheeled it out and just pushed the body off

4th pic shows how white trash my yard looked

5th pic is staging to put the crew cab on, We put the crew cab on kind of reverse of taking the old cab off, only we used my 8000lbs winch to yank it on. I have to give my buddy Jason Jones credit, this was his idea and mike and I did not think it would work, but it did.

KrazyKarl02
02-05-2006, 11:46 PM
We took the doors and seat off the new F350 cab.

PIC 1 - Here we have the body on, we had to do some "minor" torching for clearanceing.

PIC 2 - Here Mike makes some of those minor adjustments

PIC 3 - Then we had to do a bit of a body drop in the rear, so we had to cut some of the body, I checked and in a car show, this will not count off for originality points.

Sharpe
02-05-2006, 11:50 PM
Body mounted solidly to the frame?

Doug Krebs
02-05-2006, 11:50 PM
****ing sweet... I always get shotgun!

uglyota
02-05-2006, 11:51 PM
I think there might have been too much of this
http://productplacement.com.ua/news_big/Show.jpg
involved in that "bodywork"
looks pimp keep it coming!

KrazyKarl02
02-05-2006, 11:55 PM
It was a crap ton of fun work, to answer afroman, we cut about 2' off the bed.

Big thanks to Mike and my buddy Jason Jones who donated their entire Saturday to doing this and all they got out of it was a lot of miller lite and to hit the crap out of the old cab with a hammer

By the way anyone want any pieces of an 1982 F-150 cab, it is going to the junker sometime this week

I also have the 302 running carb motor, complete air cleaner to oil pan for sale

robertf03
02-06-2006, 12:05 AM
looking good karl

stx4wheeler
02-06-2006, 01:11 AM
your axle is ready and waiting for you big gay karl so come and get it.

Shaggy
02-06-2006, 09:09 AM
did yall kill the windshield... if not i call dibbs

KrazyKarl02
02-06-2006, 09:24 AM
I have the rear glass, the front glass of the F-150 was destroyed

BMFScout
02-06-2006, 08:09 PM
just when I thought you could never do anything dumber than the original truck you go and do something like this...

and TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!!!

uglyota
02-06-2006, 08:18 PM
wait till you see my airbrush job on the doors :D

fbronco86
02-06-2006, 09:09 PM
wait till you see my airbrush job on the doors :D

haha jason jones did a custom taggin job it already

agjohn02
02-06-2006, 09:13 PM
needs more triangulation

fbronco86
02-07-2006, 12:09 AM
****ing sweet... I always get shotgun!

I think not you are a karl's suedo friend

fbronco86
02-07-2006, 12:10 AM
needs more triangulation

I dont think anyone likes you so we dont care :gigem:

Doug Krebs
02-07-2006, 12:16 AM

What?

jerryg79
02-07-2006, 07:43 AM

is this a friend that supplies karl with imitation leather?

BMFScout
02-07-2006, 09:23 AM
I dont think anyone likes you so we dont care :gigem:

It's you no one like's Mike, now your sister on the other hand...

fbronco86
02-07-2006, 12:48 PM
It's you no one like's Mike, now your sister on the other hand...

Thanks for the grammer help jimmy

Also I dont think you have a chance in hell with my little sister anyway :gigem:

BMFScout
02-07-2006, 01:12 PM
yeah, she seems kind of stuck up to me...

uglyota
02-07-2006, 01:28 PM
so let's see the new "artwork"

KrazyKarl02
02-07-2006, 04:18 PM
Here is a picture of the artwork, courtesy of J.J's customs, and some parts some people wanted

uglyota
02-07-2006, 04:27 PM
you're gonna get shot with that sitting in front of your house.
Save the roof for me to paint

Reckless
02-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Mail it to the NAACP and ask if they will sponsor your Krawler?

BMFScout
02-07-2006, 04:58 PM
I can't wait to cruise that at the Hot Summer Nights Cruise.

KrazyKarl02
02-12-2006, 06:23 PM
This weekend I decided I need to remind myself how much I suck at welding and how hard it is to bend metal. I figured I would fix a couple of holes in the body. I started with the hole by the passenger rear tire. I laid out my plan with some paper, then checked to make sure what I was doing would not rub the when the tires were all the way up. I bought some 16 gauge steel and went to bending. It is really freakin' hard to bend that stuff when you are using your flat bed as a brake. After one failed attempt I managed to make a panel the kind of fit. Then went to welding and beating it into place with a hammer. It truly sucks cause you can only weld about an inch before you have to heat and beat again. Of course the fact that I suck at welding and this is really thin and I was using a stick welder did not help that much either. Anywho, the wheel should not rub, and the rear seat still fits.

KrazyKarl02
02-12-2006, 06:27 PM
Then I needed to modify the door, so I cut the inner skin out, heated the outside up and pounded it around, It looks pretty crappy, but its the klogger, and the door seal still kind of works.

I would have got more done, but the man made me work on Saturday, now for the other side.... and the other gaping holes...

KrazyKarl02
02-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Oh yeah, when I am done I am going to smear body seam filler over the stuff that did not get welded up, like the back area, then I will probably herculine the bottom too.

agjohn02
02-12-2006, 06:39 PM
Here is a picture of the artwork, courtesy of J.J's customs, and some parts some people wanted

i would say thats very tacky, but im sure it fits right in where your from... :flipoff2:

do you have a length of chain dragging behind it all the time? :( boo

jerryg79
02-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Hey is that my level :flipoff2:

Just saw the pics from Mardi Gras in New Orleans, its all white people :confused: :D How are you supposed to get your token fat black woman booby pics if its all crackas?

fbronco86
02-12-2006, 06:53 PM
you should have cut on the red line so it does not look that crappy

KrazyKarl02
02-12-2006, 07:11 PM
"Hey is that my level :flipoff2: "

No, its not, I got that when I was working for Budweiser, it's a contractor named Murphy's I found it on top of a pipe, they had forgotten it, so I claimed it :flipoff2:

you should have cut on the red line so it does not look that crappy

Gee, Mike thats real easy to do with a red line in paint, if you would look on the inside it made it a lot easier to leave it at that level, and the wheel still clears :flipoff2:

stx4wheeler
02-12-2006, 07:11 PM
what does clyde think of all if this tom foolery? P.S i think they had very low ceilings and karl was bounced on people knees alot as a child. Looks good karl, in true klogger fashion... :gigem:

KrazyKarl02
02-12-2006, 07:15 PM
what does clyde think of all if this tom foolery? P.S i think they had very low ceilings and karl was bounced on people knees alot as a child.

Clyde busy, he is trying to make a faster indian, he has been shown up by that no talent ass clown Burt Munro. He has the fastest Whizzer, now he needs an Indian

And no, I just huffed a lot of markers and glue, along with living under power lines and eating paint chips...

fbronco86
04-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Well Karl's Rig needs a new tread.

Karl can post some pics of the lastest Klogger.

This past weekend we finished the gas tank install, ran some fuel lines, installed the newer 302 with FI, and hooked brakes and etc up. The wiring needs to be finished on motor and it should be a bad dude.

jerryg79
04-23-2006, 09:14 PM
http://tamor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5502&page=7&pp=15&highlight=big+gay+karl

here you go doosh, i think that thread was just fine.

mudtoy67
04-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Man, dejavu...

yes jerry are out of the loop :flipoff2:

:laughing:

fbronco86
04-23-2006, 09:54 PM
http://tamor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5502&page=7&pp=15&highlight=big+gay+karl

here you go doosh, i think that thread was just fine.

I thought I told you to **** your mother :flipoff2:

KrazyKarl02
04-23-2006, 10:00 PM
Mike came in this weekend and we did some work on the Klogger Version 2.0. We finished mounting the fuel tank, ran fuel lines, and installed the engine. I still need to put the exhaust on, but the tranny is all bolted in and the shift linkage works. Now it is just connect all the wires.

Sharpe
04-23-2006, 11:20 PM
Now it is just connect all the wires.
This should be interesting. I forsee wirenuts and electrical tape in your future.

fbronco86
04-24-2006, 07:23 AM
This should be interesting. I forsee wirenuts and electrical tape in your future.

It will look better than your getto fabin :flipoff2:

fbronco86
12-15-2006, 01:25 PM
Karl this is the worst truck in the entire club

agjohn02
12-15-2006, 01:36 PM
agreed! who knew the A&A had wireless now?

fbronco86
12-15-2006, 01:39 PM
agreed! who knew the A&A had wireless now?

A&A?

agjohn02
12-15-2006, 01:44 PM
isnt that the name of the motel. i dunno. im actually still in MP. heading out now. see ya suckas.

KrazyKarl02
12-15-2006, 02:05 PM
Karl this is the worst truck in the entire club

Kettle, Hi meet world's largest pot!!!

So does either of your broncos run?

fbronco86
12-15-2006, 02:16 PM
Kettle, Hi meet world's largest pot!!!

So does either of your broncos run?

Nope and my furd diesel is not running that great at the moment either. :gigem:

fbronco86
12-15-2006, 02:22 PM
This is the new klogger racin frame. I am designing it. I really want to see how the forces in that guys frame he is making with out a bender turns out. Turns out I can use a computer too. To bad this program can not do bends. But it does find the forces in all the members. Also you get a pimp stress strain diagram.

KrazyKarl02
12-15-2006, 03:14 PM
| :rainbow:
|
|
|
|
|

fbronco86
12-15-2006, 03:59 PM
|
|
|
|
|

I got some mad computadora skills

KrazyKarl02
01-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Here are some pics Jerry and I took over the XMAS break, got the engine in and the FI 80% hooked up, basically got a FI engine put that in, bought a wiring harness from a junk yard, put that in with some slight modification and mounted a gas tank in the back.

Now the light controls, heater blower, etc... work. It turns over and sparks, need to hook up fuel, exhaust, and water hoses.

jerryg79
11-18-2007, 07:21 PM
it Lives!!!!!!!

KrazyKarl02
11-18-2007, 10:36 PM
Much like someone on life support lives, so does the klogger. After yesterday and today the new and improved fuel injected klogger engine ran under its own power.

Frick put some rear body mounts. Frick, Jones, and Luis mounted the seats. I spent most of the day diagnose Ford Fool Injection along with connecting exhaust, fuel, etc.

Now I have to hook up the front radiator, belt, etc... Pictures to follow.

jerryg79
11-18-2007, 10:44 PM
Much like someone on life support lives, so does the klogger. After yesterday and today the new and improved fuel injected klogger engine ran under its own power.

Frick put some rear body mounts. Frick, Jones, and Luis mounted the seats. I spent most of the day diagnose Ford Fool Injection along with connecting exhaust, fuel, etc.

Now I have to hook up the front radiator, belt, etc... Pictures to follow.

did you find the right size belt?

KrazyKarl02
11-18-2007, 10:46 PM
After dinner we stopped into O'reilly's and swapped it out. I think I have the right one now. Plus I got the stuff to complete the wiring.

agjohn02
11-19-2007, 10:17 AM
what's the point?

mudtoy67
11-19-2007, 10:31 AM
pics!

BMFScout
11-19-2007, 10:37 AM
what's the point?

Actually having something to wheel?

KrazyKarl02
11-19-2007, 01:34 PM
what's the point?

|
|
|
|

mudtoy67
11-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Are you going to get the 60's on before Clayton?

KrazyKarl02
11-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Nope, just get it running.

agjohn02
11-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Are you going to get the 60's on before Clayton?

ah, now your talking. sorry, im not up to date on the klogger status.

Seth
11-19-2007, 04:43 PM
So the TTB stays on, breaks at clayton, then the you have the perfect excuse to go 1 ton. Besides, he got some extra axles from me, so he should be set! (I almost said he got some extra shafts from me!)

KrazyKarl02
12-09-2007, 01:56 AM
The Klogger is making good progress. I have finished the wiring for the engine and can now be started from the cab completely. It is a bit cold natured when you first start it in the morning, but once warm it starts right up. I have the fenders on and the core support is in place. I have filled the radiator with water to check for leaks. No leaks so far. It idles steady for 15 minutes plus. Just have to button it up. I went to pick a part and got a air cleaner, that helped idling a lot!!!

Things left to do:

Swap 10.25 in rear end, this is locked so much better
Bleed brakes
Finish bolting up lights and grill
Radio and CB type stuff
Drink

We will be working on it Sunday if anyone wants to hang out.

Graystroke
12-09-2007, 01:22 PM
is it cold down there yet? it was 80 here yesterday, today it suppose to drop into the 30's and it has been raining all morning.

jerryg79
12-09-2007, 01:25 PM
70's and 80's now. it was down to 40ish a week or 2 ago.

mudtoy67
12-09-2007, 09:12 PM
So how's it look? Is it gonna wheel Clayton in a meth-fueled rage? Any pics?

KrazyKarl02
12-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Jones, Luis, and Mike came over today and helped. Luis and I started by buttoning up the fenders. We then took it for a ride around the block. It sucked. Turns out the computer must have been learning. Cause it started working better. In fact it would even spin the tires if you power braked it. Filled the power steering up. While we were messing with the engine the upper radiator hose fell into the fan and cut in half, BIG FUN!!! So we got a new one and went back to work.

Installed the grill and lights (yes they work, even the blinkers and horn) Then we removed the old 9" and installed the 10.25. We put all new brakes, drums, hardware, etc.. on it. Put the wheels on. and it was time for nappy.

Still have to put the shocks on the rear axle, modify the rear drive shaft so it will fit (the 10.25 pinion is 4" closer), Bleed the front brakes, and bolt the hood on.

CLAYTON, HERE WE COME!

KrazyKarl02
12-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Oh only issue is when you are at idle and hammer it down, it stumbles real bad. We checked fuel pressure and lots of other things. At the end of the day I think the computer is still learning and the fuel injectors might be abit gummed up. We put some fuel injector cleaner in it. I am going to drive it every day after work this week. It runs good and when you ease into the throttle it has no problem.

Any ideas?

jerryg79
12-09-2007, 10:36 PM
sweetness.

PS sorry i couldnt make it today. Ended up foregoing the gun show and doing some studying. I would have been down for Fri/Sat though. Did you have fun with carrie's car?

Doug Krebs
12-10-2007, 01:33 AM
modify the rear drive shaft so it will fit (the 10.25 pinion is 4" closer),

Leave an hour earlier and we can do the driveshaft up here. I've got a a 1350 yoke so you don't have to use that bastard u-joint.

Hell I probably have enough crap to do a spare. What T-case does that thing have? and is it slip or fixed? I'm assuming it's a 208...

DRAGOONRANCH
12-10-2007, 04:19 AM
fuel filter?

KrazyKarl02
12-10-2007, 08:09 AM
In response to Jerry: No I did not enjoy working on Carrie's Car. Turns out to changea Honda's belt tensioner you must remove the power steering pump (JOY!!!)

In response to Doug: I have a few extra drive shafts laying around the house, as does Frick, I am going to measure and see if I have one that will work. If not I will give you a call for assistance. I have my mig working so it is not that big of a deal. Although the 1350 yoke would be nice.

In response to Ed: Has a brand new fuel filter in it.

In response to Flem: Flem, quit touching yourself, you will surely go blind.

Fredo
12-10-2007, 09:30 AM
did you check for vaccuum leaks? That's usually what causes a stumble like that.

Also, I am so ready to see this thing. Excellent work Karl. :gigem:

Doug Krebs
12-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Karl what T-case does it have on it and is it a slip yoke? That F350 had 1350 ujoints at the slip shaft and the pinion. If you gave me the length and it's the same tcase I could make a spare.

jerryg79
12-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Karl what T-case does it have on it and is it a slip yoke? That F350 had 1350 ujoints at the slip shaft and the pinion. If you gave me the length and it's the same tcase I could make a spare.

good call, though i did enjoy the visit to slim's shop last time :gigem:

Jones doesnt want to leave till 6...

DRAGOONRANCH
12-10-2007, 11:13 AM
In response to Jerry: No I did not enjoy working on Carrie's Car. Turns out to changea Honda's belt tensioner you must remove the power steering pump (JOY!!!)

In response to Doug: I have a few extra drive shafts laying around the house, as does Frick, I am going to measure and see if I have one that will work. If not I will give you a call for assistance. I have my mig working so it is not that big of a deal. Although the 1350 yoke would be nice.

In response to Ed: Has a brand new fuel filter in it.

In response to Flem: Flem, quit touching yourself, you will surely go blind.

1). Thats what you get for buyin a ricer...
2). Upgrade while you have the chance ya kawk gobbler.
3). Had to put 3 on mine in a week due to crap in the tank.
4). LASIK works wonders.

:D

Doug Krebs
12-10-2007, 11:46 AM
:(

KrazyKarl02
12-10-2007, 12:05 PM

The T-case is a 208. The slip is in the shaft, not in the t-case. I can measure and give you dimensions tonight.

The F350 that you had probably had a 1356 t-case though. Don't know if it is any different???

KrazyKarl02
12-10-2007, 12:06 PM

Jones likes man-chowder.... Though in reality by the time I get out of work, go to my house grab the trailer and klogger, get to your house, and hook the trailer up to your truck, I bet it will be close to 6:00pm

Doug Krebs
12-10-2007, 04:31 PM
The T-case is a 208. The slip is in the shaft, not in the t-case. I can measure and give you dimensions tonight.

The F350 that you had probably had a 1356 t-case though. Don't know if it is any different???

Crap, I'm not familiar with the fixed yoke 208's as there aren't many of them, but I'll assume it has a 1310 on it.

KrazyKarl02
12-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Here's a few pictures. I welded shock mounts on. Got the driveshaft cut last night and Frick Welded it while I tightened the shocks and put oil in the rear end. I also went ahead and put more than 2 lug nuts in each wheel, how is that for safety?

Couple pictures of her as she sets now, running with working lights.

Still need to do:

*Install rear driveshaft
*Load cooler
*Load onto trailer

BMFScout
12-11-2007, 11:51 AM
10-1 you **** up that rearend too. Those blocks are out of control!

jerryg79
12-11-2007, 11:52 AM
that thang sure is a turd.

this is gonna be awesome :gigem:

DRAGOONRANCH
12-11-2007, 11:57 AM
Karl rulez!!!

mudtoy67
12-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Good to see it's alive. I agree with Jimmy. You don't think you could whip up a traction bar somewhat quickly? ****, I just thought of it....but you could have the traction bars from my ford. I still have them and all the brackets and hardware. Frame brackets bolt to the frame and axle ones are welded on. You'd just need to get luis to give you some bushings for them. Send Jerry to pick them up...I'm sure he's got nothing better to do. :gigem:

What say you?

Fredo
12-11-2007, 12:48 PM
I am so ready for it to be thursday. :D

Seth
12-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Hell yeah! BTW if Karl isn't interested in the traction bar, I might be.

Reckless
12-11-2007, 01:44 PM
Hey fred, do ya want to caravan with Creighton and I? Itll be 11ish before we leave since i have to leave from abilene at 5

Fredo
12-11-2007, 02:08 PM
11am or 11pm? Really though, either one of those times does not interest me. I plan on taking lurch on the trailer behind the tahoe to work and leaving the office as early as I can duck out on thursday afternoon. Which probably won't be until 4-5pm.

agjohn02
12-11-2007, 02:19 PM
caravan? hell, fred wants to carpool to clayton with you two. y'all should just ride up there with him and save some gas.

Seth
12-11-2007, 02:55 PM
I like your style fred, none of this leave work and go home to hook up business.

KrazyKarl02
12-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Anti-wrap bar huh??? well you see it is either anti-wrap bar or mount a cooler for beverages. I only have time to do one of the 2 of those things. What do you think it will be?

Doug Krebs
12-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Hey fred, do ya want to caravan with Creighton and I? Itll be 11ish before we leave since i have to leave from abilene at 5

Are you drunk? There is a specific thread for Clayton travel logistics.

Doug Krebs
12-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Anti-wrap bar huh??? well you see it is either anti-wrap bar or mount a cooler for beverages. I only have time to do one of the 2 of those things. What do you think it will be?

Good thinking karl! We can drink while we figure out how to fix the pinion u-joints!

I'm hoping the springs on that truck aren't the same springs as on my F150. If so we could be in for a bouncing good time!

jerryg79
12-11-2007, 03:15 PM
karl, dont forget to check the beer level in the cooler, it looked low last time i was over.

mudtoy67
12-11-2007, 03:55 PM

I'm pretty sure you don't need a cooler to drink from a handle of SoCo.......I've seen you do it. :gigem:

Reckless
12-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Are you drunk? There is a specific thread for Clayton travel logistics.

****ed up day at work. mind is not clear. :argue:

KrazyKarl02
12-12-2007, 08:48 AM
karl, dont forget to check the beer level in the cooler, it looked low last time i was over.

Yeah, the problem with the cooler level is it has a large leak.... Into my mouth....

DRAGOONRANCH
12-12-2007, 11:40 AM
caravan? hell, fred wants to carpool to clayton with you two. y'all should just ride up there with him and save some gas.

I see in the near future a small town newspaper front page story headline read "SUV driver takes own life and two others as he careens off Red River Bridge". Below that will read "In related news, an old International vehicle was found underwater near the wreckage. This vehicle is believed to have been a major "Meth Mule" from Oklahoma into the East Dallas area."

FJAggie07
12-12-2007, 11:44 AM
I think i ***'d

DRAGOONRANCH
12-12-2007, 12:26 PM
as long as you clean up after your self...

KrazyKarl02
12-13-2007, 12:30 AM
Got it done....

Most importantly the cooler is installed I used a "4-Link" system, as in 4 bungee cords. The cooler is the most important part so the redundancy of bungee cords results in a highly reliable system for transportation of ice cold beverages....

Also, put the rear drive shaft in. Frick was nice enough to let me borrow a front driveshaft. The original klogger shaft was looser than Mike's sister.

Just to treat the Klogger nicely I changed the engine oil and filter. Than Frick and I took her for a spin around the neighborhood. Engine is still a little angry, but getting better. I had Frick follow me up to the corner gas station and I put gas in it. I think the WT that worked in the gas station wanted to hang out with Frick and I and possibly perform felatio on us, which would have been nice since she had no teeth. Got it up to around 50mph on the way there. Upon returning to the casa we did a "driveline test" and yes the new rear axle will lay rubber.....

Loaded it on the trailer, put some tools and spare parts in. Tomorrow I will hook the trailer up to my truck, put some firewood in. Stow my frosty beverages, and go to Jerry's.

KrazyKarl02
01-09-2008, 08:08 PM
My god there are other people as dumb as me, and they appear to have money in it!

Crew Cab 4X4's (http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644139)

DRAGOONRANCH
01-09-2008, 11:40 PM
My god there are other people as dumb as me, and they appear to have money in it!

Crew Cab 4X4's (http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644139)

I was seriously contemplating Krew kabbin' the chevy after my first Katemcy trip, then the realization of how little time I had to work on it hit and that went down the drain.

Sharpe
01-25-2008, 09:33 PM
http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Brakes/

jerryg79
01-26-2008, 01:35 AM
the klogger has some knew kgear that im knot at kliberty to talkk about...

KrazyKarl02
02-21-2008, 11:30 PM
I had a kluster of kraziness this week. I bought a new brake line and installed it. Then to be extra Krazy I bought a new O2 sensor (note this increases the total amount invested in truck by 4%). I drilled a hole in the exhaust pipe using my awesome Harbor Freight stepped drill bit. Next I had to pull the klog up to the garage as close as possible (some a--hole put a rusted out Grand Trashonal in the way) and weld an O2 bung on.

The O2 bung looks like crap for 2 reasons 1) I welded it and 2) my mig would barely reach it, I had like 6" to spare (insert penis joke here).

Anywho I installed the O2 sensor and took the Klog for a ride. I had unplugged the battery to reset the computer, so the klogger computer was learning all over again. I got it out on the street, 1st gear, 2nd gear, oh my god I caught 3rd, a new record for the new engine. Just then the computer must have way over adjusted and richened the mixture. The klogger backfired with a resulting fireball flying out from the under carriage!!!!!

The cab began to fill with noxious fumes!!! I thought the back fire had lit something on fire, I had to lean my head out the window to avoid being asphyxiated!!! I limped it home (mind you the truck was good, I was limping or being poisoned by CO!!!).

Looked under the truck and the backfire had blown the muffler to shat!

Looks like it is new exhaust time, Bet I can do it for under 50 bones....

mudtoy67
02-21-2008, 11:34 PM
I bet you can do it for less...ought to be plenty of mufflers hanging around there that aren't in use at the moment.:gigem:

DRAGOONRANCH
02-21-2008, 11:47 PM
pictures of carnage please...

jerryg79
02-21-2008, 11:54 PM
dibs on a trail seat next weekend....also dibs on some cooler space:gigem:

eight
02-22-2008, 08:41 AM
Use the one off the ford. They're well built, should be hard to blow up.

KrazyKarl02
03-02-2008, 10:43 PM
As previously mentiones here is the "exploded" muffler, with my hand pointing to it for those with IQ's around Rowdy's level.

KrazyKarl02
03-02-2008, 10:45 PM
So after the explosion I bought a "Raptor" I like it cause it had the features I was looking for, the features being, it was cheap, like $19 cheap

KrazyKarl02
03-02-2008, 10:48 PM
As many of you witnessed this weekend The Klogger wanted to look its best for the 10 year anniversary. Here are the steps it under went.

You can also look at this as why never to let Karl alone in the paint aisle....

First step was sand it down and prime, I used a hand orbital sander from Harbor Freight and some 60 to 200 Grit paper. I shot one coat of primer then sanded, then shot a second coat and lightly sanded.

Harbor Freight cheap orbital sander worked well.... Great Success, high five

KrazyKarl02
03-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Next was the part that really shows the difference in a "paint job" and a SEMA Level Paint Job. I made The Klogger 2 tone with a maroon stripe on the bottom. I then sprayed the emblems and grill the same maroon. I used a rattle can for this, for one main reason, O'reilly's does not have a great choice of real paint colors.

KrazyKarl02
03-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Here it is just after I removed the taped off areas. 2 layers primer, 3 layers color, 2 layers clear. I used a gravity feed spray gun also from Harbor Freight, it cost 14.99... Great Success

I put The Klogger's name across the hood in glitter letters. I used red glitter letters because it shows a slight contrast between the maroon and white, this of course shadows the problems we are having with this country's upcoming election.

Well that and it was the closest color Walmart had.

KrazyKarl02
03-02-2008, 10:59 PM
Loaded and ready to klog! Jones and Michigan Man Jeff helped me the day clean the over spray. Plus we "chromed" the front wheels.

DRAGOONRANCH
03-02-2008, 11:20 PM
looks peemp

JeepPhisherman
03-03-2008, 07:54 AM
The glitter letters are a nice touch! :gigem:

BMFScout
03-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Maybe Clyde will let you park it in his driveway now. Good work Karl, maybe you can polish a turd!! :gigem:

KrazyKarl02
03-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Maybe Clyde will let you park it in his driveway now. Good work Karl, maybe you can polish a turd!! :gigem:

No, this proves you can't polish a turd, but you can paint one.....

DRAGOONRANCH
03-04-2008, 08:51 AM
No, this proves you can't polish a turd, but you can paint one.....

What kind of primer works best on a turd, I may have one to paint soon?

:flipoff2:

KrazyKarl02
03-04-2008, 11:53 AM
the cheapest....

Frick has some he likes that is enamel or something. He painted big nasty with it.

KrazyKarl02
08-13-2008, 09:30 PM
I know this is going to sound crazy, but after the tire hitting 2 sets of stock front brake lines I went ahead and ordered some for a 6" lift from rough country. They were the cheapest. Put them on tonight. I am really excited to have brakes again.

El Borracho looked on and offered moral support.

KrazyKarl02
09-30-2008, 09:50 PM
Time to dust the Klogger off and get it ready for Clayton. During the off season the klogger sits in my yard pulling boats up the hill, trees down, and other various activities it was never intended for. So here is what needs done:

1) Fix Brakes - the rear end is all new. The front TTB is so boofed, we'll just say it's there. I bought 6" lift lines, but after installing I have a leak, I think I must have missed a copper gasket.

2) Throttle Body - It has a tendency to stick about 3/4 open, makes life interesting. I need to pull one from a junk yard or if anyone in the club has one let me know.

3) Throttle Cable - Boofed from previous problem....

4) Tighten driver's seat. The bolts are loose

5) Radio - I need some tunes, I have a head unit, need some speakers, I might just duplicate the Boat stereo as it worked out well

6) Possibly mount Mike's old Bronco seat on the back....

7) It stumbles when punching the gas, any fuel injection guru's want to help? Fred, Flem? I'll buy beer.

8) On the trailer I need to check my bearings

9) Take brake controller from Death 250, install on Cheby

10) Look at fan shroud and tranny cooler, I have had some issues....

11) Load Cooler

KrazyKarl02
09-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Discussion Point:

Earlier I was criticized about needing an anti-wrap bar. This was because of the blocks on the rear axle. I have wheeled it several times and not had a rear axle hop issue.

I have BDR's old lift axle wrap bars. Who think it is worth installing? Who thinks f' it, it seemed to drink, I mean run last time, run it as is?

TMatheaus
09-30-2008, 10:11 PM
2) Throttle Body - It has a tendency to stick about 3/4 open, makes life interesting. I need to pull one from a junk yard or if anyone in the club has one let me know.

just take the throttle body apart and clean the rod that operates the butterflies, mine stuck on me before WFO, took it apart cleaned and lubed it in about 30 min and has been good since then

for the throttle cable, mine was fubared too where the plastic sleeve was at the throttle body, you should be able to get it from the parts store for a few bucks, simple and easy to install

RCcola55
09-30-2008, 10:29 PM
i have said throttle body

mudtoy67
09-30-2008, 10:39 PM
I think you should put the bars on. Once you find the bushings for them (I'm sure luis can dig some up) it couldn't take but a couple hours to add the brackets. It's just worth it for the added protection of your axle...you've already blown one 9inch pinion.;)

Maybe add some junkyard seatbelts to the back seat? Or at least some oh **** handles...it gets pretty rough back there.

For tunes I can make you a sweet deal on a MTX 4 channel amp...and I'll throw in some 10" subs to go with it (don't have the box anymore, not that it would fit in the klogger anyway).

KrazyKarl02
10-01-2008, 07:28 AM
Maybe add some junkyard seatbelts to the back seat? Or at least some oh **** handles...it gets pretty rough back there.

Why would I do that? I ride in the front seat, which has belts....

KrazyKarl02
10-01-2008, 07:28 AM
i have said throttle body

Are you willing to get rid of said throttle body?

If not I might try the cleaning route, just never had to do it before.

mudtoy67
10-01-2008, 07:31 AM
Why would I do that? I ride in the front seat, which has belts....

Because spooning is more difficult in a neck brace?:)

jerryg79
10-01-2008, 07:51 AM
Discussion Point:

Earlier I was criticized about needing an anti-wrap bar. This was because of the blocks on the rear axle. I have wheeled it several times and not had a rear axle hop issue.

I have BDR's old lift axle wrap bars. Who think it is worth installing? Who thinks f' it, it seemed to drink, I mean run last time, run it as is?

don't those things hang super low?

Probably wouldnt last long on the rocks.

mudtoy67
10-01-2008, 07:53 AM
They can be mounted on top of the axle as well. I didn't have the room on my truck to do it that way, that's why they were mounted below the axle. Rusty uses these same bars on his blazer (the beater) and has them mounted inboard above the axle.

RCcola55
10-01-2008, 10:01 AM
Are you willing to get rid of said throttle body?

If not I might try the cleaning route, just never had to do it before.

its yours

KrazyKarl02
10-01-2008, 10:47 PM
So Oct. 11th I will be in town for a foosball game. Can I grab it then?

RCcola55
10-02-2008, 09:23 AM
ya, i wont be here but ill clean it up and tell sharpe to give it to you

uglyota
10-02-2008, 10:55 AM
Karl are you really replacing your throttle body with a clean one instead of cleaning yours? Srsly? Get a can of brakleen and roll of paper towels and get after it :flipoff2:

KrazyKarl02
10-02-2008, 11:06 AM
I have already tried to clean it like that. It requires more than that, it is pretty well fubared. I have tried carb cleaner, then lube it with various penetrating oils. It just sucks

Doug Krebs
10-02-2008, 01:38 PM
You need it sooner? I could grab it tonight and bring it tomorrow.

KrazyKarl02
10-02-2008, 10:26 PM
You need it sooner? I could grab it tonight and bring it tomorrow.

If you have time grab, if not I will get it in a week.

KrazyKarl02
10-19-2008, 09:47 PM
Picked the throttle body up on Sunday, thanks Clarke.

KrazyKarl02
12-04-2008, 07:55 PM
So here is what needs done:

1) Fix Brakes - the rear end is all new. The front TTB is so boofed, we'll just say it's there. I bought 6" lift lines, but after installing I have a leak, I think I must have missed a copper gasket.

4) Tighten driver's seat. The bolts are loose

5) Radio - I need some tunes, I have a head unit, need some speakers, I might just duplicate the Boat stereo as it worked out well

6) Possibly mount Mike's old Bronco seat on the back....

7) It stumbles when punching the gas, any fuel injection guru's want to help? Fred, Flem? I'll buy beer.

8) On the trailer I need to check my bearings

9) Take brake controller from Death 250, install on Cheby

10) Look at fan shroud and tranny cooler, I have had some issues....

11) Load Cooler

* Throttle Body done
* Throttle Cable fixed
* Driver's seat done - The seat frame was cracked, had to weld it up
* Fan Shroud looks good
* Ran to issues on the power steering, fixed it here http://www.tamor.org/forums/showthread.php?p=212856#post212856
* Wiring harness for Cheby should be in Saturday
* Working on brakes tonight, Carrie can help me bleed them tomorrow
* Got the radio in, put it in this weekend
* Check trailer bearings this weekend
* Load cooler on Thursday!

Seth
12-04-2008, 07:58 PM
I am getting excited. I gotta check you new PS out.

Sharpe
12-04-2008, 07:59 PM
* Driver's seat done - The seat frame was cracked, had to weld it up

And by weld you mean ziptie?

TMatheaus
12-04-2008, 08:05 PM
no, it would be bailing wire and jb weld, if he did a high class job on it

KrazyKarl02
12-04-2008, 08:18 PM
No, I actually got the mig out for this. In the garage it is easy, any other time it would have been silicone....

Sharpe
12-04-2008, 08:18 PM
weak

KrazyKarl02
12-07-2008, 08:08 PM
I splurged and put new calipers on the front, they were $15 each. The old ones bleader was screwed up, so I figured what the hell. Also a picture of the power steering fluid crapped out on the ground.

KrazyKarl02
12-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Later I decided the klogger needs some thump. I mentioned earlier I had purchased a hi performance radio with 4 speakers (it cost $85 total plus shipping, very performance....) I was faced with a problem. I wanted outside speakers plus inside ones. Also I wanted to be able to turn the outside speakers off, so I went to work.

I cut these holes in the back cab and made some kustom speaker boxes.

KrazyKarl02
12-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Next I installed the kustom boxes and speakers

KrazyKarl02
12-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Finally I put the head unit, the 2 chrome switches turn the outside speakers off.

TMatheaus
12-07-2008, 10:46 PM
on the calipers did you get the ones with the steel piston or the ones with the craptastic phenolic pistons where they melt and get stuck

KrazyKarl02
12-07-2008, 10:48 PM
on the calipers did you get the ones with the steel piston or the ones with the craptastic phenolic pistons where they melt and get stuck

They looked steel, but I did not know there was a difference. They were the cheapest O'reilly's had. I have a Dana 60 for the front, just not sure when I will put it in, so I am not concerned about the TTB lasting forever. I had to replace the calipers because stopping was sucking and I did not want to do a reverse Fred on any hills in Clayton.

TMatheaus
12-07-2008, 10:49 PM
look at the part number on the box, if there is an s behind the number then they are steel, more than likely they were the phenolic ones

Seth
12-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Seems the phenolic are pretty common and would be fine unless they are getting heavy duty use.

KrazyKarl02
12-07-2008, 10:54 PM
Looking on O'Reilly's site I would say they are phenolic. I don't think it will be an issue, the Klogger is not a street vehicle.

Sharpe
12-08-2008, 12:10 AM
Nitro Express ride round 2!

Graystroke
12-08-2008, 09:20 AM
Seems the phenolic are pretty common and would be fine unless they are getting heavy duty use.

karl you may have to run the beer cooler half full...or half empty. However you want to look at it.:D

KrazyKarl02
12-08-2008, 04:58 PM
I will load it full, and empty it into my belly....

KrazyKarl02
02-15-2009, 04:42 PM
I put a quick connect thing hooked directly to the battery on the klogger and wired up the winch controller for dash control. For now it is all removable, if/when I permanently mount a winch I can use the controller wires and terminate them in the solenoid box.

I had some issues with where to put the controls in the cab. I had to remove a piece of the dash and make a little pan out of sheet metal. There is a switch that "arms" the controls. This switch is 90 degrees of the other switch so it can not be easily bumped. The other switch, is winch in and out. The switch is hooked to red and green lights. The green light indicates the winch is pulling in (truck is going forward) and the red is the opposite.

eight
02-15-2009, 09:19 PM
I did similar on the jeep except I used a push/pull switch for the on/off. You'd have to accidentally pull it to power the in/out switch.

KrazyKarl02
04-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Well, I think I found the noise in the rear end.....

KrazyKarl02
04-20-2009, 08:55 PM
When tightening the ring gear one should do which of the following:

A) Torque studs to over 100 ftlbs
B) Clean old oil off
C) Use lock tight
D) All of the above
E) Drink a beer

Apparently someone thought it was option E.... It actually ate the head off of one of the bolts. Surprisingly the ring gear looks ok. Sterlings are tuff...

After the creek I am changing all fluids, what do you think of the front diff fluid?

KrazyKarl02
04-20-2009, 08:57 PM
Also I had some charging issues at the creek. Upon returning home I checked the "warn" quick connects and found it to be burned. I had another so I replaced it. I still needed to re-spool my winch cable so I did that and the new one messed up to. Look at the picture! Anyone have issues like this? My original connector on the winch had no issues. Did warn start making these crappy?

JB
04-20-2009, 09:59 PM
I have the NAPA brand ones. I figure they are all the same though. The NAPA here has them in stock.

DRAGOONRANCH
04-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Are they different sizes, or you just holding that one closer to the camera? Is the side that burnt the positive side?

william_ace
04-20-2009, 11:32 PM
did you get that sterling from frick? if so thats the one i sold him. and i dont think anyone had messed with the gears when i got it and i dont think frick did either. those ring gear bolts just have a tendency to back out. d70 ring gear bolts are the fix for that

KrazyKarl02
04-21-2009, 07:08 AM
Are they different sizes, or you just holding that one closer to the camera? Is the side that burnt the positive side?

They are the same size, it is an optical illusion. Both of them are burnt on the positive side, the one still attached to the truck burned while just spooling my winch in with no load!

KrazyKarl02
04-21-2009, 07:10 AM
did you get that sterling from frick? if so thats the one i sold him. and i dont think anyone had messed with the gears when i got it and i dont think frick did either. those ring gear bolts just have a tendency to back out. d70 ring gear bolts are the fix for that

I bought it from Frick, it had 3.55 gears in it, not sure where he got it from, but it is possible that it is your axle.

Luis said this happens a lot when people do burn outs with them! Which one of you little bastards was abusing my $40 axle!

J Cooper
04-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Luis said this happens a lot when people do burn outs with them! Which one of you little bastards was abusing my $40 axle!

if this is out of the beach truck.... yes many many burnouts

stx4wheeler
04-28-2009, 11:18 PM
no it is was the one from will. i had some burnouts done but not near what the beach truck axle went thru. i gave karl some 4.10's for it months ago to remedy the problem.

KrazyKarl02
04-29-2009, 07:23 AM
Also I had some charging issues at the creek. Upon returning home I checked the "warn" quick connects and found it to be burned. I had another so I replaced it. I still needed to re-spool my winch cable so I did that and the new one messed up to. Look at the picture! Anyone have issues like this? My original connector on the winch had no issues. Did warn start making these crappy?

Jones and I discovered the issue with these last weekend. Turns out the jack ass who put them together did not push the connector all the way in to make good contact.

If anyone needs me I will be going through old threads deleting anywhere that I admitted to crimping and putting these together....

KrazyKarl02
08-23-2009, 10:16 PM
This weekend I did some work on yee old Klogger. It has had an overheating issue off and on. At Trees I attributed it to the timing, but just to be safe I went ahead and changed the thermostat and water pump. I mean hell the water pump is like $30 new... I also changed the timing chain, it was a bit loose, but not horrible.

I upgraded the alternator to a Ford G3. You can read about it hear:

http://www.tamor.org/forums/showthread.php?p=235843#post235843

As it turns out driving through 3 to 4 feet of muddy water at spring creek is not as cool as you would think. I mean after you change your alternator, solenoid, and starter, it does not seem cool!

KrazyKarl02
08-31-2009, 08:13 PM
And the overheating problem was actually caused by....

A fan clutch.

AggieTJ2007
08-31-2009, 09:01 PM
imagine that

DRAGOONRANCH
08-31-2009, 09:03 PM
I didn't think electric fans had clutches???

yes I know it's a mechanical fan :rollsblackeyes:

KrazyKarl02
08-31-2009, 10:07 PM
I didn't think electric fans had clutches???

yes I know it's a mechanical fan :rollsblackeyes:

Actually it has an electric I added, but I like to reserve that for emergency purposes.

DRAGOONRANCH
09-01-2009, 09:21 AM
Actually it has an electric I added, but I like to reserve that for emergency purposes.

:doh: 'busted'

KrazyKarl02
09-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Some of you might have noticed the conversation going on in the good deals thread, well here is the result:

KrazyKarl02
09-01-2009, 10:11 PM
1) This is the worst cut, it's pretty bad. I will probably try to dig up a new one somewhere and use this tire for a spare.

2) Side by side of the current Klogger tire and new ones

3) Here is a pic of the tread, pretty good

KrazyKarl02
09-01-2009, 10:13 PM
And finally, Karl's House of Tires! You want 14's, 15's, 16's 16.5's, we got em. You want 5 lug on 4.75, 5 on 5, 5 on 5.5, 8 lug, we got em!

Remember our motto "The only person with more used tires in Crosby is Frick!"

J Cooper
09-01-2009, 10:15 PM
then that front axle does this...

DRAGOONRANCH
09-01-2009, 10:19 PM
:laughing:

KrazyKarl02
09-01-2009, 10:23 PM
then that front axle does this...

"Ford's new Twin Traction Beam axle design offers impressive strength and handling" - Car and Driver 1980

Eat my ass, Car and Driver said it had impressive strength

P.S. I made that quote up....