PDA

View Full Version : Summer Trips?

DRAGOONRANCH
05-11-2006, 01:49 AM
Here is a little food for thought. I will be headed home the 21st of June, and will be trying to squeeze in 2 trips while I am there.

The first is going to be a trip to General Sam's (http://www.generalsams.com/calendar.php), I know a few paople have been talking about going lately. I have a spot for the travel trailer reserved here for this weekend. They are hosting a "truck rodeo" on the 24th, so there should be some good entertainment going on. I don't plan on competing myself, as I will still have another weekend of wheeling to squeeze in and don't want to miss out waiting on new parts (this does not mean that I will baby it on the trail, so come along and lets get our crawl on.

The weekend of June 30th - July 3rd, we will be headed to Shiloh Ridge (http://www.shilohridge.com/calendar.htm). There should be plenty of folks here, and I have heard they party hard on this weekend. We will be taking the travel trailer here too, so anyone with gf's or wussy buddys, will have a place to sleep. I plan on bringing the hammoc and enjoying the outdoors as much as possible (I once had the art of crawlin in one schnockered, I hope its like riding a bike :cheers: ). My cousin Kim will be turning 21 on the 3rd, so I am trying to convince her to come out with us. Still waiting of conformation from her. Trying to talk her into bringing friends too. -pimp-

On both of these trips, I should have an extra spot on the flatbed, just may have to head to conroe to pick up a friends jeep once I get unloaded, so may have extra room coming from there too. I know these are "mud" parks, but I do know that shiloh has some good trails, and hopefully they will be a little dry for some good crawlin. You guys that say the club doesn't do any muddin, come on and join in. Trailer space will be first come first serve, but if there is enough interest, I would be willing to make a trip back to CS to pick up another load if need be.

JeepPhisherman
05-11-2006, 08:31 AM
I'll be interested in going to shiloh ridge, but probably wont wheel/take the truck. And the gf has never been on a trip, so I might drag her up there just for the helluva it.

StevenAg03
05-11-2006, 09:50 AM
I'll be interested in going to shiloh ridge, but probably wont wheel/take the truck. And the gf has never been on a trip, so I might drag her up there just for the helluva it.

hmmm...shilo ridge is the ultimate redneck mecca...especially when they have special events...

Addditionally i think it is a smart idea not to take a vehicle that you own, but i dont think it is wise to make this your girlfriends first wheeling trip. take her on a trip that more normalized people are at. Now im not saying that im better then the people at such events...my cousins from athens make every one of em. Uncle Bo has a blazer and his exact description would be something like "its a bad muterf*cker. the udder day, it was only runnin on five cilnders, but ooooohh weeeee it could go through dat mudd pit." Uncle bo also has a chevy luv. This is also "a bad muterf*cker." it has such a big cam in it that it will spin a circle if you leave it ideling too long. "damn nar jumped off dis here trailer one time."

anyway...im done rambling...yeas shilo ridge is/can be fun and general sams looks the same.....but dont make this your girlfriends first trip unless yall have a REALLY strong relationship and you REALLY dont want her to go on furture trips... :gigem:

JeepPhisherman
05-11-2006, 10:13 AM
hmmm...shilo ridge is the ultimate redneck mecca...especially when they have special events...

Addditionally i think it is a smart idea not to take a vehicle that you own, but i dont think it is wise to make this your girlfriends first wheeling trip. take her on a trip that more normalized people are at. Now im not saying that im better then the people at such events...my cousins from athens make every one of em. Uncle Bo has a blazer and his exact description would be something like "its a bad muterf*cker. the udder day, it was only runnin on five cilnders, but ooooohh weeeee it could go through dat mudd pit." Uncle bo also has a chevy luv. This is also "a bad muterf*cker." it has such a big cam in it that it will spin a circle if you leave it ideling too long. "damn nar jumped off dis here trailer one time."

anyway...im done rambling...yeas shilo ridge is/can be fun and general sams looks the same.....but dont make this your girlfriends first trip unless yall have a REALLY strong relationship and you REALLY dont want her to go on furture trips... :gigem:

probably good advice, will take into consideration

stinger7401
05-11-2006, 10:21 AM

:cheers: I couldn't agree more, its a fun place to people watch....

BMFScout
05-11-2006, 10:33 AM
my cousins from athens make every one of em. Uncle Bo has a blazer and his exact description would be something like "its a bad muterf*cker. the udder day, it was only runnin on five cilnders, but ooooohh weeeee it could go through dat mudd pit." Uncle bo also has a chevy luv. This is also "a bad muterf*cker." it has such a big cam in it that it will spin a circle if you leave it ideling too long. "damn nar jumped off dis here trailer one time."

Awesome!
Does Uncle Bo have a pit as well? :gigem:

StevenAg03
05-11-2006, 10:38 AM
its possible...if he does "its a bad muterf*cker" :flipoff2:

AggieTJ2007
05-11-2006, 01:34 PM
ide be up for going out to Shiloh, and maybe even general sams, it just depends on work. Make a alto a birfday trip for me

DRAGOONRANCH
05-11-2006, 01:39 PM
Thats what I am talkin about, now lets see who else we can sign up for a few weekends of debauchery and everclear induced madness. If you peter puffers don't want to go, or don't like dodgin atv's, then don't come. :flipoff2: I plan on pickin a few out of the grill and bbq'in em.

agjohn02
05-11-2006, 01:50 PM
Thats what I am talkin about, now lets see who else we can sign up for a few weekends of debauchery and everclear induced madness. If you peter puffers don't want to go, or don't like dodgin atv's, then don't come. :flipoff2: I plan on pickin a few out of the grill and bbq'in em.

you eat peter puffers for breakfast? gross!

DRAGOONRANCH
05-11-2006, 01:54 PM
Krebs said he would go, he wants in on the weenie roast.

I am gonna pay for that one

chevsu
05-11-2006, 02:12 PM
is uncle bo's luv White. :flipoff2:

i remember this one time when steven was out there and all his family came up to him and where talking about muddin and little boys and what not. :flipoff2:

StevenAg03
05-11-2006, 03:05 PM
i dont remember what color it is...but i do think he is the one that called scott a ******* and pressured him into driving in one of the wholes...and if i remember correctly he screwed up his computer in the process. all i know is if it was a "a bad muterf*cker" he could have made it through... :flipoff2:

chevsu
05-11-2006, 03:59 PM
was that when jason broke a rear shaft in the tj and greg pulled jason's trailer with the tj on it with his cj?

Chadnutz
05-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Did someone say everclear and weiners?

CheapJeep
05-11-2006, 04:19 PM
I'm up for going, either place. :gigem:

StevenAg03
05-11-2006, 05:46 PM
was that when jason broke a rear shaft in the tj and greg pulled jason's trailer with the tj on it with his cj?

i think that was the next weekend....Scott went up there with you and jason i thought.

redcagepatrol
05-12-2006, 08:00 AM
i dont remember what color it is...but i do think he is the one that called scott a ******* and pressured him into driving in one of the wholes...and if i remember correctly he screwed up his computer in the process. all i know is if it was a "a bad muterf*cker" he could have made it through... :flipoff2:
I remember that - there are very DEEP holes in the middle of that "pit"...

Here is what I remember from Shilo:
a starter exploding
Scooter taking out a 35C
me pulling Lynda home in front wheel drive - bent my rear d-shaft
rednecks floating their 4-wheelers thru the pits
me getting stuck with my 37's - up to the top of the tire in silty MUD
Lissa getting covered in mud from Greg
Greg's girfriend
Shoeless Joe getting stuck
pulling lots of people out...

jerryg79
05-12-2006, 08:18 AM
dont forget leebo forgetting to put the jack up on the trailer :D

StevenAg03
05-12-2006, 08:28 AM
dont forget the demise of bretts jeep...peer pressures a mutha
shoeless joe exploading the ten bolt
something about arron weldon and a wreck and a ditch
david oliver airing down to 30PSI :gigem:
ahhh gregs "girlfriend"...well at least she went out and bought a new tommy hilfigure outfit for the trip :D
i think everyone with a 4cyl jeep had to replace the alternator.

im sure theres more but that was back in 2000 i believe and my memory is only really good back to 2001 :flipoff2:

Chadnutz
05-12-2006, 11:02 AM
I'm pretty sure that it was three Jeep alternators that died.

jerryg79
05-12-2006, 11:45 AM
BDR's fj ate a motor out there too :gigem:

DRAGOONRANCH
05-21-2006, 03:09 PM
29 days, I can smell the clean Houston air already!!!

uglyota
05-22-2006, 09:12 AM
I was told recently that Shiloh is open 365 days a year, so it's ideal for a midweek trip. It's also quickly emerging as the best night wheeling in Texas

DRAGOONRANCH
05-22-2006, 09:39 AM
they do seem to be a little loose on the rules there, but don't pass the hot dog stand with out payin.

the guy on the 4 wheeler will open a can of whoop ***

AggieTJ2007
05-22-2006, 11:37 AM
i agree their night wheeling is awesome