PDA

View Full Version : brake fittings

Seth
05-14-2006, 04:14 PM
anyone know how i can tell what size fittings are on my truck brakes? I am ordering brake lines and need to know what adapters i need to get. A website or anything. I know it has the banjo type fitting on the caliper but not sure what kind. and I don't know what the fitting on the spring cup is. Anyone got a web page or just know? All the websites i look on show brakelines for the app but not specifics.

Seth

RCcola55
05-14-2006, 11:38 PM
are you just ordering the soft lines from the hard lines to the calipers? if so save yourself some hassle and take the old ones up to bryan hose and get some of their kick ass ones, thats what i did and it only took a couple of days and cost about the same as the ones you can get online. I know im just beating a dead horse here about byran hose, but it is well worth it.

Seth
05-15-2006, 09:54 AM
couple reasons i do not want to do that -

i do not have a running vehicle right now to make two trips out there

i do not know if they are dot legal

i want a universal line with an3 fittings so that i can change adapters on one end when i put on upgraded calipers

Sharpe
05-15-2006, 03:23 PM
www.speedwaymotors.com

fbronco86
05-15-2006, 09:44 PM
couple reasons i do not want to do that -

i do not have a running vehicle right now to make two trips out there

i do not know if they are dot legal

i want a universal line with an3 fittings so that i can change adapters on one end when i put on upgraded calipers

Brakes suck

if you are gonna do the an3 style gonna cost you some money. I checked into this for my bronco.

the standard 3/16 line with 3/8-24 treads. Is pretty common