PDA

View Full Version : welder, engine hoist, tube bender

colman
07-17-2006, 12:27 AM
i'm interested in picking up a welder, engine hoist and a tube bender, anyone have one or know where a cheap one of each is, i want a good welder and am just starting to look so any tips are appreciated like weather i should shell out the money for a miller or hobart kinda thing or is the harbor freight one good enough, i'm looking for a mig by the way

DRAGOONRANCH
07-17-2006, 12:36 AM
I like my hobart mig (175), it has been good to me and easy to get parts for me now as the miller guy in Belton can get me the parts. Don't remember the cost right now though.

DRAGOONRANCH
07-17-2006, 12:38 AM
I am interested in the bender myself. I plan on getting some on the cheby before clayton.

Sharpe
07-17-2006, 12:53 AM
Welder- Miller

Engine hoist- Try to get one that is as wide as possible, it sucks when they fall over with a motor hanging from them.

Bender- Trick Tools JD2. Think long and hard about what size dies you want before buying them. I bought 4 at $200+ each and have only used 2 in the three years I have owned it.

colman
07-17-2006, 02:59 AM
how much was the bender and where did you get it

Sharpe
07-17-2006, 09:52 AM
The bender with the stand kit was around $350 from www.tricktools.com and the dies vary in price from $150 on up. I bought it before the price of steel got jacked up so I think they might be more expensive now but I havent looked in a long time.