PDA

View Full Version : The Rooster

DRAGOONRANCH
07-27-2006, 06:15 AM
Well, I have been getting hounded lately about what to do with the toy. I have a 60/14 combo for it, and the 60 is set up for a 4-link. I would like to get started on this, but as everybody knows, its hard to do fab work in the desert. I have done a little searching, but havent found a 4-link conversion "kit" for it, and if there is one, it will probably be high as he11. I was thinking of sending it off to a fab shop to have this done, but don't know the best ones to use. The axles will have to be gone through and put back together first, but I would like to start makin some contacts with folks before hand. I don't plan on runnin this truck again until april or may, so time is not a factor on this one.

uglyota
07-27-2006, 08:57 AM
it's pre-86, right?
why not do the normal toy stuff to it and go find out how nice it is to have a light rig?
dual cases
locker front/welded rear
longfields
rears up front
mazda/frankenstein rear springs
crossover/hydro assist
cage

DRAGOONRANCH
07-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Its a 95. I do want to keep as much of the tuck as possible, but an exo on the toy won't be near as wide as one on the cheby, so that will be on the list for sure. How long does it take to build a doubler if you have all the parts when you start.

uglyota
07-27-2006, 11:25 AM
is it a 4cyl or v6?
doubler is a couple hour job I think...never done one. Let me know when you get ready to order, I might get you to order a second and save on shipping.
shaffers is finally offering a link kit. $2400 front and rear and you supply the air shocks/coilovers! http://shaffersoffroad.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=37_85&products_id=487
blue torch fab is also offering some toyota link stuff now, it would be nice if they came out with a 3 or 4-link-ready horsecollar crossmember replacement soon

DRAGOONRANCH
07-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Cool, I will check it out. I am pretty sure its a 4. I have had little dealings with it so far.