PDA

View Full Version : winch mount

bcolman
08-04-2006, 03:38 PM
i have a warn xd9000 winch and am debating on hard mounting it to the front or buying a multi mount for it. what do ya'll think is the best way to do it so that it works the best for me in the long run? thanks.

CheapJeep
08-04-2006, 03:44 PM
I've always liked having our M12000 on a multimount. It's alot more practical than having to buy a separate winch for the rear or for other projects. Not that I recommend it but when my dad got the tractor stuck in a ravine we hooked up a car battery and chained the winch to a big pine tree, it worked great. Just my opinion, but with a multi mount you have alot more uses and possibilities.

BMFScout
08-04-2006, 04:08 PM
If you live on a ranch or something and would use it like that, that's cool. I want my winch to stay put on the front of my truck, so I hard mounted it. The way I mounted it it took us about 15 minutes to take it off mine and mount it on the trailer. Even less time if you had a quick disconnect on the wires. I just think it looks better and is stronger, lower profile, etc.

Doug Krebs
08-04-2006, 04:11 PM
i have a warn xd9000 winch and am debating on hard mounting it to the front or buying a multi mount for it. what do ya'll think is the best way to do it so that it works the best for me in the long run? thanks.

did you just buy the blazer? I'll sell you bumpers with a double multimount and already setup for a 52" spring swap. Let me know if you want to come look at it. I'll be home tonight and tommorow. The front bumper is pretty sweet. The rear, not so much... 979-220-6444 I live in bryan by the golf course.

uglyota
08-04-2006, 04:26 PM
I live in bryan by the golf course.
hey, that sounds a lot better than "behind Pepe's"
:D

Doug Krebs
08-04-2006, 04:30 PM
hey, that sounds a lot better than "behind Pepe's"
:D

son-of-a-*****! I live down the street from pepe's! I live more behind the burger house/college view apartments :flipoff2:

jerryg79
08-04-2006, 04:33 PM
mmmmm pepe's

Fredo
08-04-2006, 04:36 PM
If you live on a ranch or something and would use it like that, that's cool. I want my winch to stay put on the front of my truck, so I hard mounted it. The way I mounted it it took us about 15 minutes to take it off mine and mount it on the trailer. Even less time if you had a quick disconnect on the wires. I just think it looks better and is stronger, lower profile, etc.

Actually, something came off one of the jeeps today to fix that issue of swapping the winches around. :gigem:

Doug Krebs
08-04-2006, 04:36 PM
mmmmm pepe's

tell you what, I'll eat some tonight and take a picture of the destruction tommorow and send it to you. That way, I'll save your ass the trouble!

BMFScout
08-04-2006, 04:38 PM
kickass trailer winch Fred!! woo-hoo, what did that set us back?

Fredo
08-04-2006, 04:43 PM
$275

uglyota
08-04-2006, 04:45 PM
aw you guys suck. I'll give you $300 for it...:D

bcolman
08-04-2006, 07:20 PM
did you just buy the blazer? I'll sell you bumpers with a double multimount and already setup for a 52" spring swap. Let me know if you want to come look at it. I'll be home tonight and tommorow. The front bumper is pretty sweet. The rear, not so much... 979-220-6444 I live in bryan by the golf course.

i just bought the blazer a few weeks ago and the winch a week or so before that. ill give you a call tomorrow to set up a time to take a look at them to see if the front one is one that i would like, i already have a rear one, but the front one i have is real rough so i need a new front one.

bburris
08-04-2006, 10:21 PM
$275
Had I not known that you guys were looking for a trailer winch that one would have been added to my collection in a heartbeat.

agjohn02
08-06-2006, 10:20 AM
the main reason i put mine on a draw-tite is b/c i wanted to be able to take it off when parking in public places overnight. ive heard too many times of people un rolling cable and hooking it to immoblie objects. if it werent my DD at the time id have put it on a hard mount. i also had aspirations of using a quick disconnect and putting plugs at the back to use it at either end, but i lost interest in that.