PDA

View Full Version : Roommates

briguyXJ
08-19-2006, 05:59 PM
Hey, I know it's a little late in the game (okay, it's really late in the game), but circumstance has left me homeless for the fall semester. Although I love my Bronco, and I spend as much time with it as I can, I just don't have the desire to spend the semester living out of it (no closet). I've got a few options that I'm not particularly excited about, but I was wondering if anyone needed a roommate for the fall semester. I will most likely be moving back to San Antonio in the spring to finish my co-op with Toyota. I would prefer a garage to house my air compressor, sand blast cabinet, and a few other tools etc., but I can always get storage somewhere. Anyways, if you're looking for a roommate, I'm looking for a place to stay (and I'm pretty easy to live with).

colman
08-21-2006, 12:56 AM
i could use an air compressor and sand blaster for a semester if you wana leave those at my house along with that type of thing but as far as an actual room, sorry i'm full. good luck

briguyXJ
08-21-2006, 07:31 AM
That's awesome. I might buy you a welder too if you need it. I'm just excited someone actually replied. I'm working on a deal right now with a former roommate (has a welder) and another guy who is signed up to live on campus (24 yrs. old). If we can just find a cheap house we'll be in good shape. However, you are welcome to borrow my stuff if you need it. Still, everything is up in the air. So I'm still taking offers.

colman
08-21-2006, 08:04 AM
a welder would be amazing, i'm about to do some crazy things to the jeep and will be needing one. spring over, flat skid plate, comp cut rear 5 inch extended wheel base, ya know the usual

agjohn02
08-21-2006, 09:45 AM
isnt your jeep too nice to be doing all that to? plus, its a cj5. is it really that wise to start sinking money into it. ask nick about this.

briguyXJ
08-21-2006, 10:13 AM
Yeah, I made the mistake of sinking money into an XJ. Just before I put all of the final touches on it, I realized the errors of my ways and got a 1968 Bronco. It's perfect for sinking money into. But then again, who wants a stock jeep? At least it's not a TJ.

colman
08-21-2006, 10:38 AM
it is to nice bit i broke the rear locker so its been on jack stands for a while i had thought that it was transfer case so i ended up getting a 4:1 kit for it and decided that i need a flat skid plate cause it pissed me off when it acted like an anchor and now i have a free set of full width axles a d44 and a 12 bolt from a 73 blazer and have my 33's sold and am buying ryan's 37's and i have a set of xj springs and a 1.5" body lift to clear the clocked transfer case so i thought why the hell not. ive already pumped too much money into the thing to sell it and when i get all of this done it should be really capable. also i have all of the parts to fuel inject it in a box also. all i need to buy is some metal for the skid plate and some gears for the 12 bolt, and a set of waggy springs. well i guess let the criticism begin
ps sorry about the thread jacking

Sharpe
08-21-2006, 03:26 PM
it is to nice bit i broke the rear locker so its been on jack stands for a while i had thought that it was transfer case so i ended up getting a 4:1 kit for it and decided that i need a flat skid plate cause it pissed me off when it acted like an anchor and now i have a free set of full width axles a d44 and a 12 bolt from a 73 blazer and have my 33's sold and am buying ryan's 37's and i have a set of xj springs and a 1.5" body lift to clear the clocked transfer case so i thought why the hell not. ive already pumped too much money into the thing to sell it and when i get all of this done it should be really capable. also i have all of the parts to fuel inject it in a box also. all i need to buy is some metal for the skid plate and some gears for the 12 bolt, and a set of waggy springs. well i guess let the criticism begin
ps sorry about the thread jacking
Holy punctuation deficiency batman!

In any case I might have a room and garage for you.

eight
08-21-2006, 06:39 PM
If you get in a pinch, I have a room open and a little room to store stuff. The bad part, I may sell the house and kick you out at any time, but that shouldn't happen for at least another month.

Colman, I really wouldn't do the comp cut, I think it looks like ass. I'd just stretch the back as far as you can go without comp cutting, and stretch the front 3" or so. Stock Waggy springs and redrilled perches would probably do fine on both ends. Keep it low. Get some 8" wide wheels with alot of backspacing or your jeep will be wider than mine.

colman
08-28-2006, 12:05 AM
too much backspacing and the front hub will stick out and hit rocks, ive already got hte xj springs and the axles and tires so now all i need is some 4.10 gears for a 12 bolt and some 1/4 or 3/8 flat metal for the skid plate, i already have the 1.5x1.5 for the structure of the skidplate. if i like robbie's new bumper/spring mount for the xj springs then i will copy that. and vuala, 3 months later a new jeep

colman
08-28-2006, 12:05 AM
have you found a place to stay yet?

eight
08-28-2006, 01:48 AM
Yes too much will cause that. But no standard wheel has enough to become a problem.

colman
08-28-2006, 02:16 AM
well since for now i have the free rims i will use those, if you want to give me some ones witha lot of bs i will be glad to take them off of your hands along with that oba bracket for a 6 cylinder

briguyXJ
08-30-2006, 06:04 PM
Sorry guys. I guess I should end this thread. I just got email in my apartment yesterday. I found a place to stay, but I didn't get a garage. Still, I'm happy with what I got. I got a storage unit instead. Thanks for all your help and offers. Good luck on the CJ5.

colman
08-30-2006, 06:07 PM
due to some sudden costs it looks like i'm going to have to wait on the full widths and just gonna put it togethere as it is for now. good luck witht eh appt