PDA

View Full Version : New Forum

Chadnutz
10-18-2002, 09:59 AM
Instead of having a Tech and Shop talk forum, why don't we have a tech forum and a shop ratings forum. Then we can have "sticky threads" in the shop forum that never go away. They can be entitled: Inspections, Tires, Exhaust, Lift Kits..

More of a webpage thing:
Then we could have writeups on different axles - what axles came in what, what lug patterns, stock ratios. Something to bring outside surfers to our site. I have learned so much being in this club. So much more than you see at your local 4x4 store. I would be willing to help compile and "publish" this information.

There is tons of information we can post.

Suggestions?

Cajun
10-18-2002, 10:31 AM
The Pirate Bible (http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/bible/index.html)

It's pretty much all here. If we use this information as a whole, I would recommend tagging it as The Pirate Bible, courtesy of www.pirate4x4.com, and giving all credit to them. If we go this route, it may be necessary to obtain permission from the webmaster to link to it. Maybe not, but I'm not sure how these things work.

EDIT: Good idea, Nutz!:D

aggielr
10-18-2002, 10:38 AM
i think more of a technical write up type thing would be good, there are a million places to find specs on stuff, but simple things like soa, lift kit, stuff like that would help beginers. Posting about problems you have encountered while workin on your rig would help also. The club photographer could come in handy on this also, to take pictures of people's stuff while they are workin on it, and trail fixes, things like that.