PDA

View Full Version : The 'Corn

Doug Krebs
08-21-2006, 11:28 PM
Can't believe I never made a thread about it.

General description for those people that haven't heard me talk about it for the past decade.

Tube frame using 1.75" x.120 HREW
4.3 TBI
SM465
NP241 crawlbox
NP205
Ford dana 60 highpinion
14 bolt
Full Hydro steering
Air shocks (money allowing)
4 link front and rear
38.5 sx's (as they are what I have right now, when they wear out 39 or 42)

Sharpe
08-21-2006, 11:35 PM
Any ideas on what you are going to base the chassis off of? (as in already marketed ones) Any progress on the doubler project?

Doug Krebs
08-21-2006, 11:45 PM
I'll start my plan here as not to taint the first post.

1st finish bender

2nd finish NP241 crawlbox. This requires machining that I'm not familiar with which is the hold up. I either have to make 2 new complete shafts or try to spline 2 hardened shafts.

3rd once i have the final length of the engine/tranny/tcases, I'll finish the solid model in solid works

4th gather parts and bring them to bosses shop. This is what will make the whole project easier. I'm about 90% sure he'll let me build it in their new shop. It's not a huge shop, nor does it have many tools, but it's much bigger than my garage and I can bring tools. It's got nice high ceilings and it's less than a half a mile from my house.

5th I'll stop progress for 3 more years because the ADD will get to me and I'll build a lawn tractor with a cummins in it.

Doug Krebs
08-21-2006, 11:49 PM
Any ideas on what you are going to base the chassis off of? (as in already marketed ones) Any progress on the doubler project?

I like the combination between two of them which I can't recall the names. I'm toying with the idea of having a removable backseat. I'm not sure if I can fit it in with my wheelbase and driveline placement. If I can't fit it, no biggie.

Sharpe
08-21-2006, 11:59 PM
If you start this, and then stop working on it for a long time, I will start stealing pieces off the blazer. The longer you put off working on it the more valuable the pieces will get.

jerryg79
08-22-2006, 05:37 AM
I'm gonna work on the bu.....hey look a bird :flipoff2: