PDA

View Full Version : Lokar Shifter

agjohn02
08-22-2006, 12:43 AM
anybody ever use a lokar shifter? are they hard to find the gears with? there is no indicator right? are the only detents the ones in the tranny?

tigweld
08-22-2006, 07:34 AM
do you really have to have an indicator to find gears? the shifter I think only has a park/reverse lock out which is deactivated by the button on top of the shifter. My pops had one in his 39' I liked it for a cruzer, but there are far better shifters for performance rigs.

redcagepatrol
08-22-2006, 07:39 AM
Troy uses them I think - I know he uses the cables for the Atlas

agjohn02
08-22-2006, 08:36 AM
do you really have to have an indicator to find gears?... but there are far better shifters for performance rigs.

not to find them, more to know what gear you are in. especially in low range when your not familiar with the speeds like you are in high range. the only experience i have with one is a buddy that had one in his 72 chevy p/u. he wouldnt let me drive it one day, saying i wouldnt be able to find drive. maybe it was adjusted incorrectly.

BMFScout
08-22-2006, 09:41 AM
he wouldnt let me drive it one day, saying i wouldnt be able to find drive. maybe it was adjusted incorrectly.

Maybe it was a nice way of saying, "**** no you can't drive my truck. You think I'm crazy!!!" :flipoff2:

jerryg79
08-22-2006, 09:45 AM
Maybe it was a nice way of saying, "**** no you can't drive my truck. You think I'm crazy!!!" :flipoff2:

I think so...you should've tapped on the window with your class ring just to spite him! :D

BMFScout
08-22-2006, 09:47 AM
I'm going to take a **** in the backseat of your Dodge one day, we'll see how you like it fawker! Tint is on the inside of windows, things like rings fawk it up. I hate you so much Jerry, I wish I knew how to quit you!!1! :flipoff2:

jerryg79
08-22-2006, 09:52 AM
I'm going to take a **** in the backseat of your Dodge one day, we'll see how you like it fawker! Tint is on the inside of windows, things like rings fawk it up. I hate you so much Jerry, I wish I knew how to quit you!!1! :flipoff2:

mission accomplished :flipoff2:

agjohn02
08-22-2006, 01:29 PM
Tint is on the inside of windows, things like rings fawk it up.

how does tint fare with trees? just curious.