PDA

View Full Version : Seats

CRaSHnBuRN
08-27-2006, 04:49 AM
Who makes decent offroad racing (suspension) seats? The ones I can currently think of are Mastercraft, PRP, Corbeau, and Beard. Are there any I missed? Anyone know where I can find them for a decent price? Any opinion on them?

And before you say just grab a seat out of a junkyard, let me say this. The vehicle in question is going to be my daily driver, as well as trail rig, and I want a seat I can be very comfortable in, no matter what the terrain is or how long I'm in the seat. I tried a few random junkyard seat in my last truck before paying the money for a set of Mastercraft Rubicons, and even though it seemed like a lot at the time, it was money well spent. The seats were incredible, and when I rolled the truck, the seats held me in place very nicely with just a normal seat belt. I'd go with them again, but there seems to be some similar kinds of seats available now for decent prices ($150-220)

Graystroke
08-27-2006, 08:17 AM
what about the seats in Jegs.

DRAGOONRANCH
08-27-2006, 10:11 AM
I got the prp daily driver for the cheby and it is great. No recline or slider in it, but slider can be had from jy if needed.

StevenAg03
08-27-2006, 10:53 AM
aafter riding in that protruck, i would sugest mastercraft. the seats in those trucks may be a bit expensive, but im sure they have some more in your price range.

Reckless
08-27-2006, 12:46 PM
Look up Race Trim, my dad bought a set for like 300 a pair and they are damn good suspension seats

TxCruzr
08-27-2006, 06:05 PM
I think the ones I've ridden in before were prp's....they were very comfy :D
I'd stray away from corbeau after seeing how Cody's looked after a few years. They are designed for cars and just don't hold up to the abuse of being outdoors and getting dirty and getting in & out a bunch.
I like the jeg seats that I have with extra padding in the butt and back area, but they are the type of seats that you love or hate. I've sat in them for 5-6 hours of driving and my foot goes numb way before my ass.
Your shorter so it might not be a problem, but some seats are really thick and I don't know what your putting these it but that is something to look at. I orginally had Cody's old corbeau seat for mine but the bottom of the seat was way to thick, thats why I went for the lower profile of the plasic bucket seats.

tigweld
08-28-2006, 07:17 AM
I have a set of low back beard's(as I do not like the peenis out the top for a headrest), I got them from polyperformance 185 a peice. they are pretty comfy I have one installed on my lawnmower, my bumpy arse cracked up yard seems pretty smooth now.

colman
08-28-2006, 07:36 AM
i have 2 coribou baja desert ss seats in my little bros blazer and they are great, still on the wall for a daily driver but they are vinal so little upkeap and they are comfy as hell, suck your ass right in

CRaSHnBuRN
08-28-2006, 08:02 AM
So what kind are the jegs? Are they actual suspension seats, or just plastic ones with covers? Right now I think it will be a toss up between Beards and PRPs. I loved my mastercrafts, but they are just to expensive, when I can buy 2 seats for just a little more than a single mastercraft. Corbeaus are out because I found quite a few people complaining about them wearing out in less than a year.

The vehicle these will be going in is the 4runner I bought from grayson. The cab size is similar to my old truck. With that truck and my old mastercrafts, the seat was a little high, but it gave good visibility. It was kinda tight, and I lacked sliders, but I hope to solve those problems this time by building a set of sliders, and adding a steering wheel disconnect like I had in my buggy to ease access and act as a theft deterrent

CheapJeep
08-28-2006, 11:31 AM
The jegs seat's are the same one's you had in the buggy, not ideal for a d.d.

CRaSHnBuRN
08-28-2006, 12:36 PM
if so then those would suck for this purpose. I would only use those on a full trail rig. On my buggy they were not bad, but I think some of that had to do with how layed back they were. If I could have fit something else in there, with more cushioning, I would have, because at the end of the day you were definetly sore

davido
08-29-2006, 12:33 AM
I have two Recaros that I'll probably never use for my Cruiser. They're comfy but $$. Full roll back to flat and tilt up lever. I paid $300 for the pair and would sell them for what I have in them.

CRaSHnBuRN
08-29-2006, 12:52 AM
send me some pics if you have them

davido
08-29-2006, 01:25 AM
The exact same as the ones that are in my Cruiser now. I had plans to put in 4 matching buckets. I can't find any off hand, but I'm sure they're around.

AggieTJ2007
08-29-2006, 01:43 AM
if he doesn't want them I could use them

davido
08-29-2006, 06:26 PM
Whatever. They're just sitting there until someone buys them or I get ambitious. Hmm, I wonder which will come first? :)

agjohn02
08-29-2006, 08:50 PM
if you'd answer your pm's or voicemail you'd find out:)

CRaSHnBuRN
08-29-2006, 10:50 PM
yeah, answer your PMs

Reckless
08-29-2006, 11:10 PM
Im telling ya the race trim seats are just as good as beard or any others and cheaper. We use them in sand rails back home and they ride like a cadalic