PDA

View Full Version : toyota #3

J Cooper
08-29-2006, 10:42 PM
ok well after moving to houston and having a to drive a vehicle that was decent for cruisin CS but not nice enough for driving 80 miles a day and traveling... and plus it couldnt pull a trailer... or even like going up on ramps...and not to mention after driving off-road vehicles from the 80s for the past 6 years... i traded in the 156000 mile worn out 3.0 vCrap 4runner that shook going down the road at 60 for a 40 mile 4.7 v8 tundra that is a haus on the road, can pull a trailer, can drive my ass 80 miles a day and that i would live in if i had to
http://tamor.us/members-rigs/album243?page=1

http://tamor.us/members-rigs/albums/album243/IMG_0477.jpg

http://tamor.us/members-rigs/albums/album243/IMG_0457.jpg

DirrrtyGirl
08-29-2006, 11:05 PM
Congrats! It looks nice. :gigem:

HULK-1
08-29-2006, 11:06 PM
badass coop :gigem:

agjohn02
08-29-2006, 11:28 PM
nice

davido
08-29-2006, 11:31 PM
I was wondering about the new avatar. I searched for something on it yesterday. Looks cool.

CheapJeep
08-29-2006, 11:52 PM
Very Nice!!!! I'm glad to see that you got yourself an awesome truck that can tow and do everything else. Very cool. :gigem: :cheers:

BTW- I might be in Conroe this weekend so we all ought to hit up Hooters or something one evening if ya'll aren't busy.

BMFScout
08-30-2006, 08:57 AM
kickass

JeepPhisherman
08-30-2006, 09:15 AM
So you did get a new truck eh? Couldn't just answer my question in another thread, just had to make a new one...

Looks badass, I've been looking at picking a tundra up when I graduate, but I think I'm going to hold out for a diesel.

Plans to make it slightly more offroadable?

agjohn02
08-30-2006, 10:14 AM

SAS and SBC swap!

eight
08-30-2006, 10:28 AM
It is in the buildups section. I think it needs a gooseneck hitch and a cute little gooseneck trailer for hauling things like a jeep or other toyodas.

sasquatch
08-30-2006, 10:32 AM

SAS and SBC swap!

worse idea ever.

J Cooper
08-30-2006, 10:56 AM
worse idea ever.

yes that is. i have no desire what so ever to do anything stupid to it. im happy to be able to make the payments every month. it can pull a trailer and thats good enough for me. and how do you make a 2wd truck offroadable? youve seen what else i own havent you... why would you even ask that? and i dont want or need a diesel. for the amount of trips we actually go on i could just drive the jeep if i wanted.... im not going to buy a vehicle for a specific purpose unless its used for that every day.... this is for driving on highways and hauling **** in the bed and a trailer every once in awhile.

if i did **** with it at all it would be performance mods, bigger rims and bags :flipoff2: .... but i doubt i will even do that for along time.

everyone else thanks alot, i love it, best choice I could have made, feels really good to actually be able to buy something like this... makes school all worth it.

Sharpe
08-30-2006, 11:02 AM
No mods, whatsoever. Period.

BMFScout
08-30-2006, 11:06 AM
I liked my tonneau cover. It was low profile and made the bed a huge trunk. Didn't have to worry about tying stuff down or crap blowing out. You did have to plan a little bit, but it came off very quickly with the help of a friend. A soft tonneau would be more versatile, and with an extended cab you may not need it anyway, just a thought.

Sharpe
08-30-2006, 11:10 AM
Yah but with one of those gay covers you cant put big stuff in the bed without taking it off, which IMO is too much of a PITA to deal with. Or you could be like Oliver and get a little "fairy trailer" to haul large stuff around in, even though you drive a PICKUP TRUCK.

J Cooper
08-30-2006, 11:14 AM
I liked my tonneau cover.

ok i got one... bed liner. that i do need to get, ive just been racheting things down so they dont slide

and i thought about a bed cover but if i got one it would have to be like this

http://www.realtruck.com/php/watermark.php?code=onxpbirenavzngvba.tvs&id=360

CheapJeep
08-30-2006, 11:43 AM
Bedliner's are definitely worth the cost, Line-X holds up the best from my experience. They spray it on pretty thick, plus their stuff seem's to hold stuff in place better and keep anything from sliding around too much. My grandad has that same tonneau cover and it's really nice, my sister's bigass fixed cover is a pita.

eight
08-30-2006, 11:46 AM
I like those covers. Friend of mine that installed them for years says after a while they get dirt in them and stop rolling up. If I got a new truck it would have one.

BMFScout
08-30-2006, 12:17 PM
It took maybe two minutes to take mine off, and it was fiberglass. If you had a vinyl one you could roll it up and stuff it in the back if you found something big to haul. I'm just saying for camping weekends, groceries, etc.it made it nice to just throw everything in there and not have to worry about it blowing out. Although I might add that it is hard to see if the tailgate is down or not while driving.

BMFScout
08-30-2006, 12:19 PM
Line-X.

Fredo
08-30-2006, 12:50 PM
badass truck coop! If you get a bedliner, get Line-X.

I am jealous though...a vehicle that goes down the highway vibration free, has windows and doors that seal up in the rain, a/c, is quiet enough you can actually hear the radio, and rides good enough you can leave your kidney belt at home? What a concept! I might have to get me something like that! :)

uglyota
08-30-2006, 05:16 PM
ummm, I just talked to you and you didn't mention this? Forkin sweet! Congrats!

J Cooper
08-31-2006, 05:29 PM
ummm, I just talked to you and you didn't mention this? Forkin sweet! Congrats!

sorry i forgot... guess i was concentraing on the old toyota at the time...
but thanks... its kick ass.

and fred... who would of thunk it :D

redcagepatrol
09-01-2006, 07:46 AM
cool deal! Looks like you are moving up...

AggieTJ2007
09-01-2006, 11:19 AM
badass truck coop! If you get a bedliner, get Line-X.

I am jealous though...a vehicle that goes down the highway vibration free, has windows and doors that seal up in the rain, a/c, is quiet enough you can actually hear the radio, and rides good enough you can leave your kidney belt at home? What a concept! I might have to get me something like that! :)

yeah, I finally got me one of those too and its just amazing

FJAggie07
09-11-2006, 10:24 PM
rhino line it, thats what i did to my tundra, loved it!

Also I had a rolling cover for my bed, it was pretty badass, none of the crap with the hard tops getting in the way.

Also look into the TRD exhaust, it has agood low note to it.
And just for sh!ts and giggles, if you have the bucket seats throw a JL Audio stealthbox in there for some extra umph.

J Cooper
06-13-2009, 12:39 PM
got some new shoes today. 54k on the truck now so it was time to replace them.

went from a 245/70R-16 to a BFG AT 265/75R-16 S rated.

i think it looks really clean. raised the truck up a bit and filled in the wheel wells.

before and after
(you can see i pulled off all the gay trim pieces, front mud flaps and the front license plate shortly after buying the truck)

J Cooper
06-13-2009, 12:41 PM
and i guess i never posted it but i put one of these on a little over a year ago.

http://volant.com/edetail.asp?ID=388

http://volant.com/3dkls/iddb/Tfile/FILE/intakes/image/Toyota/18047large.jpg

Graystroke
06-13-2009, 02:17 PM
is that police tape on your neighbors house?

Seth
06-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Looks good. Intake make a big diff?

AggieTJ2007
06-13-2009, 05:42 PM
you have never gotten **** for not having a front licence plate, I have been pulled over 3 or 4 times for not having a front plate

KrazyKarl02
06-13-2009, 10:47 PM
you have never gotten **** for not having a front licence plate, I have been pulled over 3 or 4 times for not having a front plate

I never had one on my Bronco and drove it for 2 years in College Station and 2 years in Beaumont. I never got ****. On my Duramax I have not put it on for about a year and no issue. What are you doing that makes you get pulled?

BMFScout
06-14-2009, 01:47 AM
I don't think you need a front plate in Tejas anymore, Fred knows the rules. I think he got a ticket back in the day.

AggieTJ2007
06-14-2009, 08:02 AM
wasn't doing anything, and the even told me they pulled me over for no front plate and that was it.

racial profiling it was it really is

KrazyKarl02
06-14-2009, 09:42 AM
I don't think you need a front plate in Tejas anymore, Fred knows the rules. I think he got a ticket back in the day.

They talked about passing something made it where you could choose to have a front plate or not, but it never materialized.

J Cooper
06-14-2009, 05:30 PM
is that police tape on your neighbors house?

no its not, its a nice neighborhood. i went and looks its just a rope between two trees... not sure why its there. that house is probably worth like ~$400k
edit: even with that ****ty fence WTF?? (they are asian)

Looks good. Intake make a big diff?

intake did make a differnce, i got use to it pretty quick, but it got a couple gallons better fuel milage and its a little "peppier" ... and it sounds cool :flipoff2:

no never had a problem, i keep the plate between my seat if they ask.

"it got ripped off in a parking lot" ... which it actually did

grayson... this is the house directly in front of that one. i think i would be pissed if i had to look at that house when i came out the front door.

uglyota
06-15-2009, 10:26 AM
got some new shoes today. 54k on the truck now so it was time to replace them.

mucho mejor...