PDA

View Full Version : cheap old oil pipe or the such

colman
10-14-2006, 09:00 PM
i am going to use this next weekend to go out to my ranch and build a shed for my tractor, trailer and sand rail and the tractor implements. i really need to get these out of the elements so i was going to weld some old pipe that someone had laying around togeter and then get some metal roofing and that should hlp alot.

so basically anything will do that is long enough. and metal.

i appreciate the help

colman
10-16-2006, 02:22 PM
anyone, kopeki?

eight
10-16-2006, 03:05 PM
Don't deal in that crap.

Do have sheets.

colman
10-16-2006, 03:12 PM
size?, how much, and do you know anyone who sould have some cheap pipe that i could use to make the structure

eight
10-16-2006, 05:47 PM
Sheets cover 3' each. They're random about 10' long. New cover sheets. They have scratches and some have little dings. We have a stack of random colors and a stack of galvanized. The random colors are cheaper but I'm not sure what we're getting for either right now. Got an idea how many you'll need so I can check the stock? Sometimes we have a whole crapload and sometimes there are none.

Nobody has cheap pipe. Look in the american classifieds or thrifty nickle or whatever they call it now, there's usually some used pipe listed in there. You're not gonna put screws into drill pipe. Just use the pipes for poles and build the rest out of purlin.

colman
10-16-2006, 06:14 PM
i was going to weld to the pipes some sort of cheap cross bar like square or channel or something and then screw the sheets into that and as far as size, say total roof will be about 20x30 ish and we will need these in mid december, construction has been posponed from this weekend. I can pickup earlear tho.