PDA

View Full Version : yj brake and cj steering column

85cj7
10-18-2006, 01:50 PM
Anyone know where i can get the master cylinder, brake booster, firewall mount, and proportioning valve from a yj. Either someone has it laying around which would be great, or does anyone know where a trashed yj is that someone is parting out. And does anyone have a good cj steering column, tilt or non-tilt, manual? Must include working parts, but doesn't necessarily need ignition lock wiring, ignition switch, steering wheel, horn. Basically just want a solid shaft and case and bearings. Both to swap into my 85 cj, the brakes could use an upgrade and my automatic chevy column isn't working to well. The steering is real loose and instead of jerry riggin it more than it already is I would rather just swap out the guts.

bburris
10-18-2006, 02:06 PM
I didn't mean to sound like an ass earlier... Just messing with you.

A booster shouldn't cost too much, but you may be able to find an interchange part from a Cherokee somewhere that could be found in a junkyard. The master cylinder isn't too hard, either... Look for a 94(?)ish to 2005(?)ish Dodge truck in a junkyard and swipe the master cylinder. If this is stuff you swapped onto a CJ these may be good upgrades over what you already did...

colman
10-18-2006, 02:14 PM
get your bracket yet?

85cj7
10-18-2006, 03:21 PM
yah i found it one ebay, and bought it monday so hopefuly by the end of the week depending on how fast the seller wants his money, i'll call you when it comes in

85cj7
10-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Right now i have non-power stock brakes in the cj, and i found a close to bolt on application with the yj power steering system, so that is why i was looking for the yj stuff. I could buy it off ebay but thought i would look local instead. Here's the site... http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/mambo2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=42&Itemid=30

sasquatch
10-18-2006, 03:32 PM
i'd be careful buying brake parts from a junkyard

colman
10-19-2006, 05:27 PM
http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?t=769057
steering setup for ya