PDA

View Full Version : ford 302 not getting gas

85cj7
10-29-2006, 02:31 PM
i have a ford 302, h.o, efi in my cj7, have had some problems with it and just finished replacing the battery and alternator, when i ran into some more. I went to start it friday after the repairs and it wouldn't turn over so Andrew Coleman and i checked to see if it was getting a spark, and it is. So we then took the fuel pump off and checked to see if it was working which it is, but its not working when its on the car. So we followed the wires back to under the dash and replaced the relay but it still isn't priming any gass when the car is turned on and cranked. Is there anything i can do except for checking the wiring to the pump and test every wire to make sure they are not faulty?

StevenAg03
10-29-2006, 02:47 PM
do you know anyone that has a scan tool and can do a systems test for you?

73bronco
10-29-2006, 03:46 PM
besides a loose connection check the inertia switch and your ignition switch. If you check those things and still have a problem give me a call, I've got the same system on the bronco so I'm pretty sure we can track it down

Sharpe
10-29-2006, 04:18 PM
I have scanner.

73bronco
10-29-2006, 07:15 PM
yea but remember it didnt work on mine, you dont have to have a scanner to do a self test. Just need a test light and a ground

Sharpe
10-29-2006, 08:32 PM
Why didnt it work on yours. I scan alot of **** so refresh my memory.

StevenAg03
10-29-2006, 08:45 PM
the fuel pump not coming on can be related to a problem in a totally different system. thats why i suggesed the scan tool.

EXAMPLE: my cousin thought the pump went out in his wifes dakota a couple weeks ago. turn the key on, but pump didnt come on. easy diagnosis... he decided, just for the hell of it, to use his SnapOn scanner and do a systems test. when it did the fuel pump test, the pump came on. turns out it was the cps sensor wires were exposed and for some reason they were not letting the computer turn the pump on.

73bronco
10-29-2006, 11:50 PM
ford fuel circuits are pretty simple, goes from ignition-computer-relay-inertia switch-pump. So one of those has to be messed up unless you're haveing a bad connection or grounded wire