PDA

View Full Version : frame repair question

95discovery
11-12-2006, 10:00 PM
after the flop today, the front section of the roof is pushed over about an inch or two. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I was thinking about just hooking a winch or comealong on to it and see if that would pull it back over but i dont know how straight it would be. Any shops that do this type or work or am i just screwed? Ill try to post some pics tomorrow for those who didnt get a look at what im talking about

also, to those who helped today, thanks. The reason it wouldnt run long is because it has an oil pressure switch that became disconnected, and it doesnt send power to the pump if it doesnt read any pressure. Once it was hooked back up it ran fine.

CRaSHnBuRN
11-13-2006, 12:36 AM
come along or hi lift jack. if worse case scenario, grab a new body, or graft on a new roof.

tigweld
11-13-2006, 08:12 AM
port-a-power and a frame machine is what a body shops would use, portapower only will work though.

TxCruzr
11-13-2006, 08:59 AM
I don't know if you ever saw that tan beatup FJ-60 last year that was usually either in front of mcinnis or schuhmacher, but he layed his over like you and used a winch and tree to get the roof to line back up. You just have to be careful that you don't crush in the part the cable is running around.