PDA

View Full Version : Twin stick detents

agjohn02
11-12-2006, 11:40 PM
i know ive read about twin sticks popping out of gear before. mine doesnt do it. is it the front or rear that pops out of gear? reason i ask is because ed's detent springs are different lengths. this results in one being harder to shift than the other. this will also make it less likely to jump out of gear. ive got it set up with the stronger spring on the front shift rail as i seem to remember the front being the one that people have trouble with. if its both, ill shim the other spring too, but for now it makes the rear easy to shift. what say you?

edit: its a dana 300.

DRAGOONRANCH
11-13-2006, 02:52 PM
did a little checking and it looks like it is the rear when in low.

DRAGOONRANCH
11-13-2006, 04:17 PM
I have the DEO flipped D300 and the rear stick was popping out in 4low on steep hill decents. I stacked a couple of nuts, welded them together. Then drilled holes over where the springs are located, and welded the nuts over the hole. Then I could drop the factory springs into the holes and use a bolt with a jam nut to tension the springs. The factory springs are much stiffer then the ones I got with my DEO kit. No problems since I did this. If it starts popping out again, crank down on the bolt.

this sounds interesting, might have to look into it if trouble starts with this

agjohn02
11-13-2006, 05:34 PM
yeah, i read that. sorry, i have no tig. ill just shim it up tight with something.

AggieTJ2007
11-19-2006, 10:55 PM
after your took the rails out how did you put them back in with the detent springs?

agjohn02
11-19-2006, 10:59 PM
look in colman's d300 thread in the tech section. i wrote a dissertation on it.