PDA

View Full Version : Great Hardware Store in Houston

redcagepatrol
11-15-2006, 05:49 PM
I found a great place today
http://www.andyshardware.com/index.html

I walked in there by word of mouth from a parts store looking for some u-bolts and they have everthing!

Their bolt selection is amazing. They have everything from 1/4" to 1-1/4" in all lengths, grade 5, grade 8, and fine thread. They even have the same huge selection in stainless and metric. I'll never go to the Nut Store on Gessner again - they aren't even open past 5 or on Saturdays...

I always have a hard time finding things like a 9/16" x 4.5" long grade 8 fine thread bolt - but they had it - in stock!

BMFScout
11-15-2006, 05:55 PM
I take back everything I said about Houston... ;)

It's hard to find a a good hardware store. All the good ones get ran out by your buddies at Home Depot/Lowes.

jerryg79
11-15-2006, 06:04 PM
THere's a good country hardware store by me. Old man helped me for 10 minutes to find 4 nuts and bolts to fit my motorcycle battery, then didnt even charge me for them.

They sell steel and lumber too. i'd go more if it wasnt in such a crappy location.

uglyota
11-15-2006, 07:30 PM
cool, stop by the ol' tex-mex while you're in the neighborhood!

Graystroke
11-15-2006, 07:57 PM
Sounds like Elliot's Hardware up here. They closed the one in Grapevine. I have a new source for my fastener needs...and they give me good deals :)