PDA

View Full Version : KC's vs ProComp

aggie06stud
10-22-2002, 10:46 PM
i'm running ProComp light right now but are they as good as KC's or are they better? what do y'all recomend?

robertf03
10-22-2002, 11:16 PM
:rolleyes:

stock headlights, never needed more

aggie06stud
10-22-2002, 11:27 PM
haha, i wish i could have a couple sets of those hella's. i'm just wondering, how much were the 55 watt majics?

aggie06stud
10-22-2002, 11:28 PM
p.s.- have you ever seen cherokee head lights? they might as well be off.

Cajun
10-22-2002, 11:44 PM
If you're looking for streetable light, I'd go with Hella driving lights. I used a pair I got at Vatozone on my Dodge, not the best quality I'm sure, but they were reasonably priced. I submerged them on a couple of occasions, and never had any problems with 'em.

Chadnutz
10-22-2002, 11:57 PM
KCs are junk. You pay 100 for the set and you could get the same damn thing including same lightbulb for like $30. Both are crappy. I had 2 sets and they both sucked. Total waste of money. If you really want lights and you want quality get good ones. KC is some sort of icon like coke. Maybe they pioneered the off road lighting market, but they still BLOW.

JB
10-23-2002, 12:07 AM
I have a set of Hella 500 somethings, 55w, on my Bronco and the lighting is not bad, but the construction of htem suck. The way the lense is held to the shell is ridiculouslly fragile. THe wiring and stuff they give you is pretty ****ty as well

aggie06stud
10-23-2002, 12:36 AM
i figured that's all KCs were, is that the same with my ProComps? i want to put a couple on the grill, but i want something good. i'm guessin the hella's will do the trick. how hard is the wiring job? the job for the ProComps was a walk in the park.

BigRedFord04
10-23-2002, 01:06 AM
1st: dont admit you buy ProCrap

2nd: talk to Matt Conlee if he comes to the meeting tomorrow, or just go look @ his jeep...those dual 8" Warns are the way to go

aggie06stud
10-23-2002, 01:34 AM
hey for what they cost, they do their job to add a little more light in the sticks. thanks for the advice.

bigFAWKINranger
10-27-2002, 10:21 PM
is this a real thread? procrap VS gayC driving lights?
dude just go buy some motherfawking lights. all this crap about whats durable and what works and wattage and whatnot is a buncha crap.

if you just want some auxiliary lighting and you aren't lookin to burn a buncha skrilla, go to VATOZONE... the PAIR of 100W spotlights are $50 complete with switch and wires.the difference between these and KCs is the lens... the vatozone lights don't have the "KC" emblem engraved in the lense.

you are way too concerned with what is best... just get some damn lights... it doesn't need a buncha thought.

ps- RANCHO is overpriced and gay... i have noticed you having mentioned it more than once. RANCHO makes good shocks... the lifts and other doodads are best left to frat-daddys in their Z-71s.

Krawler68
10-28-2002, 08:48 AM
noob...you're gibing the club a bad name... When L-HOR saw this thread even THEY laughed...

Cajun
10-28-2002, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by bigFAWKINranger

ps- RANCHO is overpriced and gay... i have noticed you having mentioned it more than once. RANCHO makes good shocks... the lifts and other doodads are best left to frat-daddys in their Z-71s.

I'll remember you said that when Diya drives over your hood with her Rancho-sprung Scout.:D

Jackasic
10-28-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Krawler68
noob...you're gibing the club a bad name... When L-HOR saw this thread even THEY laughed...

Yes, you defiantly need to keep it to the high standards that Doug "Post Padder" Bedwetter Von Boffinsheep has set :rolleyes:

700+ and little or no content; kind of like Cotton Candy, all air no substance.

Chadnutz
10-28-2002, 12:17 PM
Jackasicstan! Witty location.

Pad pad pad

Chadnutz
10-28-2002, 12:18 PM
And I just noticed... I am ahead of you by TWO posts now.

200 posts and we are hardly more than 1/4 of a few select members.

Jackasic
10-28-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Chadnutz
Jackasicstan! Witty location.

this seems fitting based on you late comprehension of my location :D

now only one MazdaBitch

Krawler68
10-28-2002, 01:52 PM
And you say I have no content... at least I use big words...

bigFAWKINranger
10-28-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Cajun

I'll remember you said that when Diya drives over your hood with her Rancho-sprung Scout.:D

now that i'd like to see. i drive the blue and white fullsize bronco. my name is john brown. bring it on biatch.:D

Seth
10-29-2002, 06:54 PM
Just to keep this somewhat on topic, Keep your procomp lights for now. Definitely do not go to KCs as an "upgrade". If you are going to get more lights, then go with PIAA, Hella, IPF, or something of the like. Chances are that there are lots of things that you could better spend your money on besides lights.

Seth

Cajun
10-29-2002, 09:41 PM

now that i'd like to see. i drive the blue and white fullsize bronco. my name is john brown. bring it on biatch.:D

She's willing to try when it's done...Are you?;)

bigFAWKINranger
10-30-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Cajun

She's willing to try when it's done...Are you?;)

yes, you absolutely MAY drive over the hood of my ford bronco. thank you for your time, john brown.

JB
10-30-2002, 08:52 PM

What the ****?:D

and and your damn right, I've got pretty red Rancho drop brackets and arms and even red shock boots:D

JB
10-30-2002, 09:39 PM

yes, you absolutely MAY drive over the hood of my ford bronco. thank you for your time, john brown.

well there it is bizotch....
http://www.superford.org/registry/users/106/75/Dcp00897.jpg
:D :D

froader03
10-30-2002, 09:43 PM
damn, you got the rancho chit? surprised it hasn't cracked yet... I've heard bad things.

JB
10-30-2002, 09:53 PM
really? I have heard it is one of the better TTB lifts. I like alot. It required a **** load of drilling and more bolts for the drop brackets than any other kits.

Cajun
10-30-2002, 10:01 PM

Sweet! That way I can mark it off of my "things to do before I die" list!

:D

Krawler68
10-31-2002, 09:08 AM
Andy- Always the *******... call me so I can follow you over the top in my mom's stock WJ. :D

Jackasic
10-31-2002, 06:21 PM
Of course Doug, that would mean you would actually have to go wheeling once.

And by the way, post and "knowledge" do not count as seat time, despite what they say on POR.

Krawler68
10-31-2002, 06:26 PM
***...did you see Tracy jordan's post about "stick time"? *** he pretty much put everyone that doesn't wheel 4-5 times a week down as non-drivers...just recreational slap dicks... it was funny.

I have wheeled... I have a little experience... seen a lot more than most... had a blast...

Wheeling is merely the result of building to me... I like it, but I like building as much or more...

Doug "never to be RCAA champion" Kiesewetter

Jackasic
10-31-2002, 06:33 PM
so is you definition of building "parking at someone elses shop".

All I have ever heard about you pile of parts, it would actualy be nice to see it move and stop under it's own power.

froader03
10-31-2002, 06:44 PM
can't remember which one, but I read in a magazine last night where someone commented that blo-comp is the best investment to make for an extra set of lights. I'd say go to TSC to get bang for your buck.

Hensel

Krawler68
10-31-2002, 06:46 PM
apparently you weren't around for all of our wonerful test drives... I'd say It's not so bad to have stored the EB at the shop it's at. I didn't have a place to keep it or the trailer until recently... contray to public belief sometimes it's hard to find a place to park extra **** in midland.

Also... I built that thing... some of it I built wrong... but I built it and it was fun... I hold nothing against folks who have their **** built as long as they know how to fix it, and i do...

Cajun
10-31-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by froader03
can't remember which one, but I read in a magazine last night where someone commented that blo-comp is the best investment to make for an extra set of lights. I'd say go to TSC to get bang for your buck.

Hensel

Not that the huge $$$ that ProComp spends in advertising would sway the opinions of a mag...;)

If by TSC you mean Tractor Supply, then I'd say that's the best piece of advise in this whole thread.