PDA

View Full Version : Inner axle seals

stx4wheeler
11-30-2006, 02:03 PM
Alright plan on setting my gears this after noon or tomorrow. is there a special procedure i need to do when putting in the inner axle seals? just gently pound them in with a rubber mallet or something? doug didnt you do this on your 60 when you set your gears?

fbronco86
11-30-2006, 02:07 PM
Alright plan on setting my gears this after noon or tomorrow. is there a special procedure i need to do when putting in the inner axle seals? just gently pound them in with a rubber mallet or something? doug didnt you do this on your 60 when you set your gears?

They suck to change.

I might be on crack but its been awhile since I played with them. They go in from the inside right. I just remember using a long piece of pipe to get them in or out.

stx4wheeler
11-30-2006, 03:12 PM
yeah the go in the inner, yeah sharpe had said he saw doug doing something with a couple pieces of pipe or something i was hoping he would chime in.

fbronco86
11-30-2006, 03:13 PM
yeah the go in the inner, yeah sharpe had said he saw doug doing something with a couple pieces of pipe or something i was hoping he would chime in.

Yeah doug just hand a deal made up to bang them out.

stx4wheeler
11-30-2006, 03:16 PM
so for instal did you just(lets say you were putting in the long side seal) put the pipe through the shortside knuckle?spindle hole, and beat it in like that?, then the other knuck/spindle hole for the short side?

fbronco86
11-30-2006, 03:20 PM
so for instal did you just(lets say you were putting in the long side seal) put the pipe through the shortside knuckle?spindle hole, and beat it in like that?, then the other knuck/spindle hole for the short side?

Yes its a two man job. I bet doug being the pat rat he is has the tool laying around someplace.

agjohn02
11-30-2006, 05:27 PM
you can get a deablow in there, ive done it. put them in like any other seals.

stx4wheeler
11-30-2006, 08:39 PM
thanks guys ill try johns method first

Sharpe
12-01-2006, 02:16 AM
When we did Doug's we used a long piece of angle iron to go through the tube, and held a flat piece of steel between the angle and the seal. We have 3 or 4 people so one held the housing in place, one held the angle and steel plate in line (with their fingers, take that OSHA!) and one hammered. It was not hard.

fbronco86
12-01-2006, 08:06 AM
you can get a deablow in there, ive done it. put them in like any other seals.

Deadblows are gey.

agjohn02
12-01-2006, 01:30 PM
if you say that then you are not wise in the ways of assembly.