PDA

View Full Version : Steering issues..

Doug Krebs
12-01-2006, 04:29 PM
When the car is running and on the ground it will turn right great, however it won't turn left worth a chit. It's not a tierod or draglink adjustment because up on jackstands it turns to the left fine.

I'm assuming it must be the box? The pump is pretty new, well miles wise it is, age it's probably a couple of years old. Anyone have suggestions?

Doug Krebs
12-01-2006, 04:36 PM
I never did this step when I went to crossover last year. What the crap does this do? I think I've heard kopecki talk about it? Anyone ever done this?

"now comes the tricky part, time to adjust the shaft. I looked at my 4wd shaft to see how far out the stud was from the locking nut, this will get you pretty close. GM states that you should use a torque wrench to find all these measurements but I found it easier to do it by feel. grab the rag joint and turn it lock to lock like you would with the steering wheel. If you do not feel any resistance when your steering is in the middle. Loosen the locking nut and using a allen in the top of the stud turn it a few turns clockwise, tighten back down the lock nut. Turn the rag joint again from lock to lock until you feel it get tight in the middle. Once you feel it get tight back off the stud just a little at a time locking down the lock nut after each adjustment test until you cant feel it get tight anymore. This is when you know you have it adjusted correctly. Make sure all of the bolts are tight and you are ready to go."

fbronco86
12-01-2006, 04:40 PM
When the car is running and on the ground it will turn right great, however it won't turn left worth a chit. It's not a tierod or draglink adjustment because up on jackstands it turns to the left fine.

I'm assuming it must be the box? The pump is pretty new, well miles wise it is, age it's probably a couple of years old. Anyone have suggestions?

I am gonna assume this is on Blair's car

I dont think its the box. I bet the pump is going south.

EDIT Thanks for the second post :flipoff2:

mudtoy67
12-01-2006, 04:46 PM
Sounds like air in the system, also that truck has been sitting pretty long...possibly the valve in the box is sticking. Either way I'd keep working it back and forth and see if it gets better.

fbronco86
12-01-2006, 04:53 PM
Try this if its sticking

eight
12-01-2006, 06:22 PM
It's not in that adjustment.