PDA

View Full Version : wheel adapters

colman
12-07-2006, 11:53 PM
anyone know where i can get 3" wheel adapters, i am trying to make my 54" rear end colser to my 62" waggy front end. I was hoping that this would work the best since i already have rims i like. and if i ever go with a bigger rear axle the i could move these to the front to be better with a full width 9"

colman
12-08-2006, 12:10 AM
to clarify the waggy front d44 has ford rotors on it and the rear is early cj d44 so the patern is 5x5.5 also ive found 2" spacers for 60 plus 10 shipping but thought that closer to 3 would be better and my earlear thought of bolting 2 1.5" adapters together was just dumb

CRaSHnBuRN
12-08-2006, 10:15 AM
I would suggest keeping your rear a little narrower than your front axle. I think its supposed to help the vehicle track better on the road, and if you can get your front axle through a obstacle, your rear axle should have no problem following through. On my 4runner I'm gonna try running the rear axle at the stock 65 inches, and add a set of spacers to my front axle (67" stock) so that the 40s clear the springs with the H2 wheels. So there will be quite a bit of difference between the front and rear axles, but I don't see it being a problem.

As for good prices on spacers, check with this guy http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303893 He seems to have some good prices, and if you do order a set from him, maybe I'll get you to order the spacers I need and we can save on shipping

nickas
12-08-2006, 06:12 PM
you can build some fairly easily if you get a circle cutter for the torch

robertf03
12-08-2006, 06:36 PM
you can build some fairly easily if you get a circle cutter for the torch
or washer stacks.

3" sounds like a horrible idea.

How about narrowing the front and using a widetrack cj rear axle. Then you won't have to outboard the springs.

colman
12-08-2006, 07:27 PM
i already have the rear 44 built with new 410's and a detroit so i am going to keep that. so if i get 2" spacers on each side then the front will be 62 and the rear will be 58 which will work but i was thinking if i could find some reasonable 3" ones that 62 front and 60 rear would be better or even some 2.5 would be great but i can't find any economically better than 60 for 2 2"

colman
12-08-2006, 07:33 PM
i just checked that thread out and it is the same one that i was looking at so if i can't find anything else a little wider that is who i will order from, what size are you gonna run?

TxCruzr
12-08-2006, 08:34 PM
I have 3" on the rear of mine and 2.5" on the front. No problems. Just torque the living **** out of them and use some loctite. Also, check them after the first 100 miles or so.
And there is no way in hell I would put a set of spacers on a street driven rig that someone made in their backyard with a torch ;)

CRaSHnBuRN
12-09-2006, 12:37 AM
i just checked that thread out and it is the same one that i was looking at so if i can't find anything else a little wider that is who i will order from, what size are you gonna run?

the 2.0" 8 on 6.5 with 14mm x 1.5 studs for $89.00. I wish they had some narrower ones that were cheaper, but figure the extra width will keep the tires out of the springs and firewall

CheapJeep
12-09-2006, 04:14 AM
Quit being a puss and go 1 ton like me.... :flipoff2: I mean you have 37"s now and you're wanting to cluge together a cj narrow track rear with a waggy front that's even wider than a front cj wide track? Not knocking on you or anything but I just don't get it. It's almost like a temporary fix using spacers and such, you'll want to upgrade later on. Why not snag a scout 44 or something for the rear? It would make things alot easier. You already have your jeep down and torn apart, just do it right the first time.

Doug Krebs
12-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Quit being a puss and go 1 ton like me.... :flipoff2: I mean you have 37"s now and you're wanting to cluge together a cj narrow track rear with a waggy front that's even wider than a front cj wide track? Not knocking on you or anything but I just don't get it. It's almost like a temporary fix using spacers and such, you'll want to upgrade later on. Why not snag a scout 44 or something for the rear? It would make things alot easier. You already have your jeep down and torn apart, just do it right the first time.

uh he probably doesn't have any money and this is all he can afford?

TxCruzr
12-09-2006, 01:43 PM
Or maybe he wants to wheel and doesn't want to have it torn apart all the time :flipoff2:

colman
12-09-2006, 02:42 PM
burn, i think? and i will wheel the piss out of the 44 and keep my eyes out for a 9" and maybe start to build one of those for the rear with 35 spline and the works but for now the best thing is to space the rear and run what ya brung unless you want to give me a rear axle

BroncoJo
12-10-2006, 02:13 AM
If your interested i have a 9" im thinking about selling. It has a detroit locker, 4.11 gears, strange case, and yukon 31 spline axle shafts. If i can find it i will also throw in my extra yukon shaft. Just let me know.

JB
12-10-2006, 02:19 AM
If your interested i have a 9" im thinking about selling. It has a detroit locker, 4.11 gears, strange case, and yukon 31 spline axle shafts. If i can find it i will also throw in my extra yukon shaft. Just let me know.

good to see you got on here Travis. :gigem:

colman
12-10-2006, 02:23 AM
sounds interesting... what do you want for it. probably more than i have to spend but let me know

colman
12-10-2006, 02:25 AM
what is the wms on that ford

BroncoJo
12-10-2006, 12:32 PM
good to see you got on here Travis. :gigem:

Yep i finally signed up

I'm not sure about a price, I'm going to use it one last time this new years. Its maybe just over a year old but for the last 10 months it might have been driven 2-3 times a month. I built it but i had a high end race car shop go through it (Pyle Bros). I got 1500 in just aftermarket parts so my price would probally start there but could allways change.

Whats WMS?

sasquatch
12-10-2006, 01:11 PM
wheel mounting surface. he wants to know the total width of the axle.

Doug Krebs
12-10-2006, 02:22 PM
I got 1500 in just aftermarket parts so my price would probally start there but could allways change.

holy **** I think you can end the conversation there

BroncoJo
12-10-2006, 04:09 PM
holy **** I think you can end the conversation there

I know 1500 is high, thats why i didn't mention a price earlier. What would be fair? I'm looking sell both of my axles to buy used rockwells(1000-1500).
If i cant get that for both its not worth selling, I'll used them later

I don't know the width but its factory from 1979

Doug Krebs
12-10-2006, 04:51 PM
I know 1500 is high, thats why i didn't mention a price earlier. What would be fair? I'm looking sell both of my axles to buy used rockwells(1000-1500).
If i cant get that for both its not worth selling, I'll used them later

I don't know the width but its factory from 1979

You've never sold stuff like this before? Problem is not alot of people are going to want to spend that much on a rear axle in the offroading community unless it's like a Hi9 or something similar. I understand it's a bad ass axle but most people would just throw a dana 60 or 14 bolt under it.

You'd probably have better luck in the drag racing scene, but I'm assuming it's probably too wide. Maybe you could part it out... strange third member to someone that needs it. Think you said you had a detroit in it? That alone is probably worth alot to a drag racer.

Probably could sell the shafts in the offroad community. Can't remember if you said it had disc brakes, but those are obvioulsy worth money too.

Edit for mike, jerry, and karl... It was built by pyle bros. spank spank!

BroncoJo
12-10-2006, 05:14 PM
I turned down a guy a while back with a mustang, I didn't have any rockwells in mind at that time. I was just offering it to that guy with the jeep, I personaly would rather have a 9" on a jeep if it was staying reasonable.

I've seen alot of horse power put through 9"s that were built by Pyle Bros, hell were running 47's and 600-700 horses on a 35 spline 9" with no problems... yet.

and ya i'm still kicking myself in the ass for not building a Hi9

eight
12-10-2006, 05:20 PM
Don't worry about doug, or really anyone else in this club. They're all cheap and wouldn't give $500 for it. Advertise it on some other boards. There are plenty of people willing to pay decent money for strong bolt in parts like that.

Doug Krebs
12-10-2006, 05:25 PM
Don't worry about doug...

They're all cheap and wouldn't give $500 for it.

*** :laughing:

colman
12-11-2006, 07:06 PM
yea way to rich for my blood, thanks for the offer