PDA

View Full Version : My new FJ......40 that is.

FJAggie07
01-27-2007, 08:27 PM
I am driving back from Boston, actually letting the gf drive a few miles through Connecticut and thought I would get a jump on this build up thread. Don't have any plans on my new baby yet, haven't quite figured out exactly what I want to do with her but here she is.

1978 FJ40 basically stock but Right hand drive

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/CIMG6687.jpg

robertf03
01-27-2007, 08:55 PM
looks like its in great shape. any rust?

TexTJ209
01-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Damn, looks good man.

CheapJeep
01-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Looks pretty clean, very cool. :gigem:

TxCruzr
01-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Also has a yoter FF rear end http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/images/smilies/smokin.gif

Graystroke
01-27-2007, 09:45 PM
nice truck...hopefully it will never be fast enough to try and pass someone on a two lane road...that would really suck w/ RHD :flipoff2:

or you have a passenger you can really trust.

eight
01-27-2007, 10:12 PM
That looks like a good one to keep and cruise. There are plenty of ****ty ones to turn into trail rigs.

mudtoy67
01-27-2007, 11:36 PM
Very nice :gigem:

DRAGOONRANCH
01-28-2007, 12:10 AM
sweet, and don't listen to kopecki, he drives a jeep :flipoff3:

BMFScout
01-28-2007, 03:10 AM
First you have an FJ Cruiser no one wants you to beat up and now you get a "real" one no one wants you to beat up. I say hack the **** out of it and beat on it. When some purist asks you about it, whip out the photo album of what it used to look like. Restoring vehicles is great for '63 split windows, but off road rigs like Scouts, jeeps, or cruisers, who gives a ****, beat on them. Looks cool, especially behind the FJ Cruiser. :gigem:

CheapJeep
01-28-2007, 03:59 AM
First you have an FJ Cruiser no one wants you to beat up and now you get a "real" one no one wants you to beat up. I say hack the **** out of it and beat on it. When some purist asks you about it, whip out the photo album of what it used to look like.
Isn't that what Scott went through when Patrol purist saw what he did with his?

TMatheaus
01-28-2007, 05:46 AM
muy bueno vehiclea

FJAggie07
01-28-2007, 09:20 AM
looks like its in great shape. any rust?

A little here and there but none on the frame. The headers and exhaust look like they could use a complete replacement, and the intake and carb look like they need a little more than a steel brush.

Other than that in good shape, AND that right hand drive is just a lil funky at first.

uglyota
01-28-2007, 03:28 PM
How did you get it? And why does it have the FF rearend? Is it just a 40 or something weird?

mudtoy67
01-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Non-US 40s were available with the full-floater...some even had diesels

FJAggie07
01-31-2007, 05:27 PM
Alright I am finally back home and took some pics and thought I would ask the advice of ya'll. I know some things I would like to do but I am really inexperienced on a lot of stuff and kind of learning as I go along. I have only wrenched on what I have had to in the past but this 40 is a whole new animal to me. Gotta live and learn right?

Wants:
-Convert to Power Steering
-Add a lift
-Fight Some rusting
-Fix the Speedometer
-Needs new tires
-Needs a new paint job
-New headers and Exhaust

Here are some pics:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/FJ40/CIMG6762.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/FJ40/CIMG6763.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/FJ40/CIMG6768.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/FJ40/CIMG6770.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/FJ40/CIMG6772.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/FJ40/CIMG6776.jpg

Oh and first thing I am doing is, I took the bezel off cause the last jackass that owned it had it upside down, so i took it off, I am going to sand it down and paint it white. Baby steps first :D

What would ya'll do first?

JB
01-31-2007, 05:34 PM
-tune up
-odds and ends
-small lift, 32s
-lockers
-wheel it

Reckless
01-31-2007, 05:43 PM
Bumpers and rock sliders

TxCruzr
01-31-2007, 06:27 PM
Wants:
-Convert to Power Steering - '78 with no p/s....yours is weird :flipoff2: marksoffroad p/s plate w/ saginaw box. I might still have my old p/s bracket off my 1F but not sure if it will work with a 2F
-Add a lift - What size tires? I've always thought they've looked bad@$$ with a 2" lift and some skinny 33s like when bfg had the 33x9.5s
-Fight Some rusting - naval jelly to remove the rust and then some good rust inhibiting primer
-Fix the Speedometer
-Needs new tires -
-Needs a new paint job - do a factory color, the beige looks good
-New headers and Exhaust marks off road has this stuff too, or spector (which sends you the wrong parts on multiple occasions :rolleyes: )

Eckert
01-31-2007, 06:49 PM
i know of another intake and exhuast manifold for sale. onlything thats wrong with it is that one of the bolts for the exhust exit got broke off. if you want i can find out how much he wants for it. i would get the speedo and tires done first that was you can cruise around in it.

Sharpe
01-31-2007, 06:52 PM
You dont need no stinkin speedo to cruise.

agjohn02
01-31-2007, 07:18 PM
learn how to shift left handed

FJAggie07
01-31-2007, 07:38 PM
learn how to shift left handed

Gettin there.... That is taking some time to get used to.

mudtoy67
01-31-2007, 09:52 PM
Power steering on a right hand drive is gonna be interesting. You could use a saginaw, but then it would hang outside the framerail. I think the scoutbox would be a good idea, but you would have to lose the battery tray and if you ever do a V8 swap you may have to redo the steering again. Just go full hydro -pimp-

SOA with 33s or 35s would be good. Streetability would be dependant on you steering situation.

I'm not sure if it's the same for a 2F, but I've got a valve cover gasket and exhaust manifold gasket for a 1F you can have whenever I come to town again.

uglyota
01-31-2007, 10:10 PM
You should part it out. Joe needs a fender, and BDR needs the rest :D

what do you want to do with it? Is it for wheeling? Restoration? Chick magnet? If it's a wheeler I think I would get some protection and some tires on it, wheel once then get PS :D. If it's for restoration and it has rust you should go frame off from the start.

redcagepatrol
01-31-2007, 10:42 PM
Isn't that what Scott went through when Patrol purist saw what he did with his?
yes - they didn't like me on the "Patrol" forum...

TxCruzr
01-31-2007, 11:13 PM
You should part it out. Joe needs a fender, and BDR needs the rest :D

what do you want to do with it? Is it for wheeling? Restoration? Chick magnet? If it's a wheeler I think I would get some protection and some tires on it, wheel once then get PS :D. If it's for restoration and it has rust you should go frame off from the start.

My fenders only last 1 trip....I don't think he has enough :D
I forgot it was right hand drive....good luck on the ps :gigem:
A scout box usually fits on the outside of the frame but this way it will be on the inside? Good thinking BDR....thats a first :)
Unless I was going with 35's, I'd stick to SUA.

Reckless
01-31-2007, 11:17 PM
what about using a rack and pinion or a vega steering box

BMFScout
01-31-2007, 11:18 PM
find a RHD Scout? I don't know what they used.

robertf03
01-31-2007, 11:52 PM
Power steering on a right hand drive is gonna be interesting. You could use a saginaw, but then it would hang outside the framerail. I think the scoutbox would be a good idea, but you would have to lose the battery tray and if you ever do a V8 swap you may have to redo the steering again. Just go full hydro -pimp-

aren't 2wd and 4wd gm truck steering boxes mirrors of each other? just use the one the one that fits.

mudtoy67
02-01-2007, 12:00 AM
Good point. Just use the 4wd box and clock the pitman 90 degrees?

agjohn02
02-01-2007, 12:05 AM
i like the rack and pinion idea:rolleyes:

Reckless
02-01-2007, 12:09 AM
Bite me cox, :flipoff2:

Sharpe
02-01-2007, 10:17 AM
aren't 2wd and 4wd gm truck steering boxes mirrors of each other? just use the one the one that fits.
No they just have different pitman arms on the 80's bdoy style variety. However, S10's and 90's body style chevies had the PS box mounted inside the frame rail and are the mirror image of the outside boxes. This would probably be your best bet.

stx4wheeler
02-01-2007, 10:54 AM
ttb ford boxes mount to the inside of the frame as well fyi

mudtoy67
02-01-2007, 12:47 PM
He needs something that came from the factory mounted outside the driver's frame rail. That way, when it's mounted on the passenger side, it will be inside the frame rail.

TxCruzr
02-01-2007, 01:11 PM
ala scout box......so there is a use for those vehicles :D

sasquatch
02-01-2007, 02:26 PM
He needs something that came from the factory mounted outside the driver's frame rail. That way, when it's mounted on the passenger side, it will be inside the frame rail.

73-79 ford boxes

mudtoy67
02-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Also 80s to early 90s Dodge 4wd trucks

FJAggie07
02-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Thank ya'll so much for the brainstorm. I am still researching what all i need to put togethe to go into a power steering setup since I am so new at this little adventure. So basically what ya'll are saying is I need a pump that will mount on my 40's passenger side inside the frame rail?

jerryg79
02-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Thank ya'll so much for the brainstorm. I am still researching what all i need to put togethe to go into a power steering setup since I am so new at this little adventure. So basically what ya'll are saying is I need a pump that will mount on my 40's passenger side inside the frame rail?

American passenger side yes.

Current passenger side no.

william_ace
02-01-2007, 03:07 PM
you will need a power steering box that will mount inside the framerail yes.

FJAggie07
02-01-2007, 06:03 PM
American passenger side yes.

Current passenger side no.

Si.

FJAggie07
03-25-2007, 10:59 PM
Alright my dad got her stuck this weekend...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/Sliders/CIMG6885.jpg

And then I took a pic of the new and old...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/Sliders/CIMG6888.jpg

FJAggie07
08-27-2007, 09:45 AM
Ok I haven't updated my thread in a LONG time so I thought I would go ahead and do that...

Mods I have installed:
-33" ProComp Muds
-15x10 White "Wagon Wheels"
-4" HFS Suspension Lift
-OME Anti-Inversion Shackles

Currently she is being worked at up in Bonham, Texas by the best Cruiser mechanic I have ever met. Stuff being installed:
-ARB F&R Lockers
-Metaltech full cage
-Power steering
-Front Disc Brake Conversion
-Complete Exhaust overhaul
-Clutch Master and Slave Cylinder
-General Maintenance (Overhaul)

That will be done in the next month or two, looking to have it done by ICBM (Lone Star Land Cruiser's "I cruised barnwell mountain") and then after that looking to replace the bench seat with buckets and then looking for a softtop for it and then it will be done for a while.

fbronco86
08-27-2007, 10:24 AM
Ok I haven't updated my thread in a LONG time so I thought I would go ahead and do that...

Mods I have installed:
-33" ProComp Muds
-15x10 White "Wagon Wheels"
-4" HFS Suspension Lift
-OME Anti-Inversion Shackles

Currently she is being worked at up in Bonham, Texas by the best Cruiser mechanic I have ever met. Stuff being installed:
-ARB F&R Lockers
-Metaltech full cage
-Power steering
-Front Disc Brake Conversion
-Complete Exhaust overhaul
-Clutch Master and Slave Cylinder
-General Maintenance (Overhaul)

That will be done in the next month or two, looking to have it done by ICBM (Lone Star Land Cruiser's "I cruised barnwell mountain") and then after that looking to replace the bench seat with buckets and then looking for a softtop for it and then it will be done for a while.

I wish I could find a better mechanic for my bronco. The one I got takes forever to get anything done.

robertf03
08-27-2007, 10:25 AM
what power steering box did end up going with?

FJAggie07
08-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Right now I think we are going to go with a rebuilt saginaw box for the RHD from a company out in california that specializes in cruiser Power Steering setups. As of right now that is what is going on. It is the last thing on the list.

The mechanic I am using is a CRUISER HEADCASE. I have known the guy for a while but if I have any random question I know I can call him up and he has the answer. He works on ALL Cruisers. He has a 40, his son has a chopped 60, his daughter has a 40 or a 45 (can't remember which), the guy is crazy Land Cruiser so I am glad I found him to do the work I know Iwould screw up.

FJAggie07
10-29-2007, 09:59 AM
Pics from me wheeling it at Lone Star LandCruiser's ICBM

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/FJ40/Dads403.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/FJ40/Dads404.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/FJ40/Dads402.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/FJ40/Dads40.jpg

WHEELSTAND!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/FJ40/Wheelstand.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/FJ40/Wheelstand2.jpg

I sat her on an incline for a little too long saturday night running Sunday Cruise and she started idling real low and rough, also after this weekend I think we officially zapped the battery by running the CB without the engine running, the battery was used once every three months for a while and then it got a workout this weekend and I think it puked on me. Once I got her back home I set the idle screw right but I think she is still running a little rich, gonna have to adjust that.

So question is, I don't really know anything about batteries, and I hear a lot about Optima Yellow and Red Top's. I need something that is going to act more like a deep cycle battery and hold charge for a long time. I guess I will be throwing a winch on there in the next year and will probably run two batteries. anybody have a preference as far as batteries go?

FJAggie07
10-29-2007, 10:19 AM
Also running 33's with a 3-4" lift on a 40 = Rubbing at full flex (what little flex I get :D)

I smashed the fender doing the wheelstand and obliterated the turn signal. I think I was out of blinker fluid anyways :flipoff2:. I was pissed about having to replace the fender but we got to thinking about it and I think I am just going to trim the rim of the fender where it makes the curve down. Take about two inches off each fender and trim some on the rear quarter panels because they got bent in too. All the things to do until we go spring over.

After wheeling my first trail I noticed some clicking on full lock coming out of both sides of my front axle. Thought I broke a birf, so with the help of some friends we jacked her up and took out the birfield but she looked fine, reassembled and still clicking away at full lock. That took most afternoon and my hub was still kind of seized up on the passenger side (drivers side here in america :)) so after dinner took apart the hub and replaced with a spare one a friend had. The hub started locking and unlocking again but it still clicked. Tested it on a tree and found out the wheels were still turning up front so I am assuming at this point it is just a worn out 30 yr old axle and when the **** breaks I will replace it all with Longfields.

BroncoJo
10-29-2007, 10:45 AM
I have went through 4 or 5 red optimas in the last year.

uglyota
10-29-2007, 10:55 AM
so much for a sweet resto cruiser
old birfs click, you shouldn't break one until you lock the front

Sharpe
10-29-2007, 11:18 AM
Dont get an optima, they lick nuts now. Get napa house brand or interstate.

FJAggie07
10-29-2007, 11:29 AM
old birfs click, you shouldn't break one until you lock the front

Front's Locked. Selectable Locker but Locked.

FJAggie07
10-29-2007, 11:29 AM
Dont get an optima, they lick nuts now. Get napa house brand or interstate.

check. That's two against Optima.

uglyota
10-29-2007, 11:32 AM
Stock air locker? Converting the outers to minitruck stuff for the disk brakes should be coming pretty soon, right? Good time to put in longs

FJAggie07
10-29-2007, 12:36 PM
Stock air locker? Converting the outers to minitruck stuff for the disk brakes should be coming pretty soon, right? Good time to put in longs

No stock locker, ARB Air Locker, and yes the front is converted to disc brakes.

colman
10-29-2007, 12:50 PM
as far as ive heard about optimas, the ones a few years ago rocked but lately quality controll has really suffered, that said i love mine and have had no problems with it and i drain it all of the time cause my brake lights randomly come on ( i need a new spring on the brake )

TxCruzr
10-29-2007, 12:53 PM
Stock air locker?

wtf eric, you're slipping...those would be electric :flipoff2:

With the arb, if you have to back up just turn it off and try to keep the wheels pretty straight if in a bind. Birfs tend to break the most when backing up with the wheels turned and the front end locked. If you pay attention you could probably get away with never breaking on and beat Butch's record.

I've also heard a lot of bad stuff about optimas from the last few years. I'm sure mine will be dead when I get back home....glad I built the battery tray to fit the optima so 90% of the other batteries won't fit it :rolleyes:

uglyota
10-29-2007, 01:34 PM
wtf eric, you're slipping...those would be electric :flipoff2:

I thought some early 40s had air lockers stock, and changed to electric later?

mudtoy67
10-29-2007, 01:38 PM
some FJ40s could be had with a mechanical locker. It was cable actuated and locked one axle shaft to the carrier. I don't think electric lockers came in until the FJ80s?

FJAggie07
10-29-2007, 02:40 PM
some FJ40s could be had with a mechanical locker. It was cable actuated and locked one axle shaft to the carrier. I don't think electric lockers came in until the FJ80s?

This is right IIRC. Very few 40's had a cable locker, but I know e-lockers didn't come around until 93 in the 80 series.

JB
10-29-2007, 06:07 PM
check. That's two against Optima.

I havent had great luck with the red tops, and we did see several come back when I worked at Advance. But I just put a yellow in my F150 yesterday, so I am going to give them one more chance.

Advance and Napa batteries are good, as are Interstates.

stx4wheeler
10-29-2007, 06:49 PM
i have two optimas one is about 6 years old and the other is about 2 both work awesome, and get drained and recharged quite often and keep going, but i have heard bad things on the new optima's

Seth
10-29-2007, 07:01 PM
i think if i were gonna get anything but optima, i would get one of those ones that has 72 or 84 month free replacement. not prorated. sears maybe?

i like how clean the optimas are. no acid and no corrosion.

redcagepatrol
10-29-2007, 07:29 PM
i have two optimas one is about 6 years old and the other is about 2 both work awesome, and get drained and recharged quite often and keep going, but i have heard bad things on the new optima's
I have had great luck. My first one was still kicking at 8 years old when I sold it with that blue CJ. I have two in my Dodge, one in Lynda's and one in the Patrol. I have killed the one in the Patrol below 2 volts about 6 times and they have always been able to charge it up to 100%+. I just recently had the Patrol battery recharged - I've had that battery for about 5 years now...

agjohn02
10-29-2007, 10:24 PM
the one i had in the scout was good but i let it drain completely. i put it on a slow charger and it started shooting fire out of one of the vents. it still showed 12 volts after that but i took it back anyways and got a new one. (thanks JB) we'll see how this one works when i get time to put it on the scout.

Eckert
10-29-2007, 10:27 PM
anybody heard anything on orbitals?

Reckless
10-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Orbital is the cats ass. Very well built. Who do you think contacts out to the millitary?

Sharpe
10-29-2007, 10:59 PM
Orbital is the cats ass. Very well built. Who do you think contacts out to the millitary?
The lowest bidder.

agjohn02
10-29-2007, 11:14 PM
The lowest bidder.

bada-bing

Reckless
10-29-2007, 11:23 PM
From my understanding, Orbital is the supplier of batteries to the millitary. Even if its the lowest bidder, they have been proven in battle. I think Feller had one in his buggy.

Reckless
10-29-2007, 11:26 PM
http://www.rockcrawler.com/features/newsshorts/00march/03012000exide.htm

This looks like the orbital model to have

http://www.exide.com/products/automotive/exide_select_orbital_XCD.html

FJAggie07
07-29-2008, 04:47 PM
progress.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/FJ40/IMG_2433.jpg

FJAggie07
11-24-2008, 11:41 AM

She has been restored, at least a frame on Restoration. She is 95% done. All that remains is a tuffy center consule and radio set up and some new door panels, and pulls. Watch out this is going to get kind of picture happy but over the past 7 months this thing has gone from looking like ass and a half to looking brand spanking new with some extras.

Things that have been done...

All new paint everywhere
Color matched bed liner on the inside
New rear quarter panels and rear sill.
all new rubber sills everywhere
new hardware almost everywhere
brand new hood found in a Toyota Parts warehouse somewhere
Tube fenders with finishing sheet metal and color matched rock guard on the underside.
4+ Rear tire carrier with cooler rack
Corbeau Baja RS seats with 4 point harnesses
BestTop Soft top
all new emblems everywhere
Cutting out of a ton Aussie jenky ****.

That's really all I can think of but here are a couple of before and after pics of when I first got her and how she sits now...

Before:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/FJ40/CIMG6762.jpg

After:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/FJ40/SSPX0105.jpg

Before:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/FJ40/CIMG6765.jpg

After:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/FJ40/img1227396158781.jpg

Before:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/FJ40/CIMG6763.jpg

After:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/FJ40/SSPX0107.jpg

Before:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/FJ40/CIMG6768.jpg

After:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/FJ40/SSPX0111.jpg

Here she is with the Tube Doors and Topless

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/FJ40/CIMG0725.jpg

Big Improvement over the old vinyl bench seats

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/FJ40/SSPX0122.jpg

FJAggie07
11-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Two Fun Pics:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/FJ40/SSPX0123.jpg

The Corral of Toyota's in front of my house...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/FJ40/SSPX0115.jpg

Fredo
11-24-2008, 11:45 AM
The Corral of Toyota's in front of my house...

You have handicap parking at your house?

FJAggie07
11-24-2008, 11:46 AM
That's the pool parking lot across from my house. Come awn Fred stay focused.

J Cooper
11-24-2008, 11:48 AM
should have got one with the tundra in there, when it was around

uglyota
11-24-2008, 12:12 PM
I'm not a big fan of the color change or the soft top, but looks pimp otherwise. What's going on with the tailgate?

FJAggie07
11-24-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm not a big fan of the color change or the soft top, but looks pimp otherwise. What's going on with the tailgate?

There is no color change. The paint used is Toyota Code #416 Dune Beige, available only on 1975-1979 FJ40's. It is the color the 40 originally was. The guy that I bought the thing from tried to get Maaco to match the color and do a 300 dollar paint job right before he sold it to make it look better, thus the lighter before color. It is the stock original color.

Soft Top is on there because we didn't feel like putting a hard top on, have the hard top too.

The tailgate was a freebie, and reproduction drop down tailgates are anywhere from 500-700 bucks. So instead of going that route for just when the soft top was on we decided to keep the free aluminum one and shoot it with paint.

Seth
11-24-2008, 12:25 PM
I would do diff wheels, but looks good over all

uglyota
11-24-2008, 12:28 PM
is it lighter in real life or is the color in the pics pretty accurate?
Every "original" one I've ever seen looks more like the "before" color...guess those could all be faded.

Fredo
11-24-2008, 12:32 PM
It is probably the overcast sky giving it that look. Plus, an original wasn't shot in base/clear, so they aren't going to have such a deep look to them either, so that's part of it.

FJAggie07
11-24-2008, 12:35 PM
is it lighter in real life or is the color in the pics pretty accurate?
Every "original" one I've ever seen looks more like the "before" color...guess those could all be faded.

Nah it is that dark in real life too. but most pictures that I have seen are usually a little lighter, maybe sunny days vs. cloudy filtered light?

I bet you are thinking of the later Beige color, 464. I stole this from Cool Cruisers but it shows a pretty accurate representation of the difference in color...

#464 '82-'83

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/coolfj40_2029_68884482

#416 '75-79

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/coolfj40_2029_69355875

uglyota
11-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Now that is cool...I did not know the earlier tan cruisers were a different tan (beige)!

FJAggie07
11-24-2008, 01:03 PM
All in the Land Cruiser history that you stumble upon when trying to source all the little parts to restore one of these things.

robertf03
11-24-2008, 01:18 PM
looks good, but I think I would have gone with more original looking seats. will the lower ambulance door halves not work on the soft top?

FJAggie07
11-24-2008, 01:35 PM
Some Jackass in Australia decided to rivet the Ambulance doors together, so they no longer come apart. Also they are really rusted where they sat against the rear sill so basically useless. I think Pops may buy some new ones in the future but I don't think he has the ok from my Mom to spend any more money on this thing :eek: :D

Seth
11-24-2008, 03:13 PM
those skinny bfgs are sweet. are the rivets not able to be drilled out?

8Runner
11-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Looks great! Are you bringing it to Clayton?

FJAggie07
11-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Looks great! Are you bringing it to Clayton?

Nah, I can't come do to a family get together that weekend, and the 40 is my Dad's I just have helped him put it together and procure it, and I doubt it will ever be wheeled again. I don't think he will be willing to even put a scratch in it. :)

8Runner
11-24-2008, 06:26 PM
boo

jerryg79
11-24-2008, 06:33 PM
Looks kickass, the right hand drive just irks me though.

FJAggie07
12-31-2008, 12:00 PM
Pops banked for Christmas and his anniversary so tomorrow is a Brown Family Wrench-A-Thon. Got the following to install:

-33x10.50 BFG KM2's wrapped around some black Rock Crawlers
-Tuffy Center Console
-New Door handles, cranks and vynil
-Heater
-headlights
-Toyota Factory Radio Antenna (just for bling since their is no radio)
-Taillight Guards

Will post pics after tomorrow.

Fredo
12-31-2008, 12:10 PM
So that covers the time between breakfast and brunch with two people....what else is on the agenda?

FJAggie07
12-31-2008, 12:35 PM
Stereo install on the Taco and a bunch of work on my trailer project.

FJAggie07
02-16-2009, 10:30 AM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/img1234748832532.jpg

Picture as it sits now. I think he is done on the mods for a while.

TxCruzr
02-16-2009, 01:27 PM
very nice, leave it just like that -pimp-

uglyota
02-16-2009, 01:33 PM
looks nice, is the hardtop black or white? I think black bezel would look sweet
oh and comp cut rear, 35s, and paint the hubs!

Sharpe
02-16-2009, 03:15 PM
So hardcore, a parking lot was too pussified for it. Upgrayedd to the garage shot!

FJAggie07
02-16-2009, 04:07 PM
That's how my pops rolls.

FJAggie07
03-22-2009, 11:36 PM
Cool pic from this weekend...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/starranchjoker/LSLC%20Round-Up%202009/IMG_2825.jpg

85cj7
03-23-2009, 10:38 AM
pic no worky

FJAggie07
03-23-2009, 10:45 AM
yeah i am redoing my photobucket account it should be back shortly!

Shaggy
03-23-2009, 02:12 PM
resize is your friend

FJAggie07
03-23-2009, 02:44 PM
resize is your friend

I use photobucket to back up my pics and keep thus them in a high resolution. ;)

redcagepatrol
03-23-2009, 02:49 PM
you hauled both of them out there? geeze...

FJAggie07
03-23-2009, 03:01 PM
you hauled both of them out there? geeze...

:confused::confused::confused:

redcagepatrol
03-23-2009, 03:02 PM
well - you broke the CV on the taco and also had the FJ out there

Sharpe
03-23-2009, 03:07 PM
Her's and her's rigs, whats so wrong with that? :confused2

DRAGOONRANCH
03-23-2009, 03:14 PM
you're on fire today...

Seth
03-23-2009, 06:51 PM
I use photobucket to back up my pics and keep thus them in a high resolution. ;)

keep thus them? either way, a resize would still be nice.

Seth
03-23-2009, 06:52 PM
e.g. as far as I am concerned that is a picture of blue sky and some rock.

TexTJ209
03-23-2009, 07:28 PM
e.g. as far as I am concerned that is a picture of blue sky and some rock.

You know your desktop can go bigger than 640x480 right?

robertf03
03-23-2009, 07:36 PM

maybe he's also sitting in the back of thompson jacking off on his iphone :gigem:

Seth
03-23-2009, 08:37 PM

It is set at 1152 thank you. no smaller, my eyes suck. see flems previous post for cause of said bad eyes. :D

TexTJ209
03-23-2009, 11:16 PM
maybe he's also sitting in the back of thompson jacking off on his iphone :gigem:

I WAS actually surfing TAMOR. ;)

...then I started playing Duck Hunt.

1152 is a ****ed up resolution. :flipoff2:

FJAggie07
03-24-2009, 01:55 AM
Yeah, um I will resize in the future for the scrolling impaired. :)

To answer Scott, I gave the 40 to my dad two years ago for his birthday. He brought it out to the event not me. As far as the his and her rigs that sharpe pointed out, I do have both the FJ and the taco for the wife and I. ;)

Sharpe
03-24-2009, 08:13 AM
As far as the his and her rigs that sharpe pointed out, I do have both the FJ and the taco for the wife and I. ;)

Fail.